C4 BBMF Do I have a right to be disappointed?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C4 BBMF Do I have a right to be disappointed?

Post by Kip »

I have the C4 BBMF listed at 100 pieces. :?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

You weren't the only one to get one with the wrong back plate...

The forum's favourite eBay reseller got one as well.

(Along with the many other military limited editions he snapped up to sell)
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Genuine manufacturer frankenwatches!

Presumably CW are just cobbling these together from bits left lying around the workshop.

I suspect the genuine LE ones with the correct back won't go higher than 100. Anything else will most likely have a back off a watch destined for another IPK version. You could look at it as an anomaly - sometimes in the watch world these can end up being worth more, but if not happy just send it back.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by st-rider »

Tyke wrote:...sometimes in the watch world these can end up being worth more...
Sometimes in the real world these could be called not what were advertised and what was paid for. This is as I believe given the new CW site you can't help but see the back of the watch (at least I find when trying to scroll down on an android phone/tablet). Link to C4 BBMF here.
image taken from Christopher Ward site
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

st-rider wrote:
Tyke wrote:...sometimes in the watch world these can end up being worth more...
Sometimes in the real world these could be called not what were advertised and what was paid for. This is as I believe given the new CW site you can't help but see the back of the watch (at least I find when trying to scroll down on an android phone/tablet). Link to C4 BBMF here.
image taken from Christopher Ward site
Agreed, I'd want it with that back (mine does) so personally I'd send it back if it doesn't as it's not as advertised. I was merely pointing out that oddballs can sometimes be the valuable ones - maybe not in this situation tho'
smiffyraf1
Junior
Junior

Post by smiffyraf1 »

what a bellpipe! as bad as ticket touts these tools that do this. ive noticed a few on ebay since the sale. just deprives people who might have really wanted one getting it for a bargain. noticed on his his bracelet is different to mine. whats on yours?

Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

st-rider wrote:Sometimes in the real world these could be called not what were advertised and what was paid for.
Which I believe is illegal.

Of course, it all depends how CW advertised the ones they sold in the sale, which have bits of the original LE issue missing?

What is happening at CW?
'Tis me
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Caller wrote:
st-rider wrote:Sometimes in the real world these could be called not what were advertised and what was paid for.
Which I believe is illegal.

Of course, it all depends how CW advertised the ones they sold in the sale, which have bits of the original LE issue missing?

What is happening at CW?
Advert says these could be prototypes, so they could claim these were done before deciding to engrave the final designs with the plane numbers. Some others sold as prototypes have either had non standard backs, no serial numbers at all or 000 numbers.

Chances are with such anomalies these are the last of the breed not to be seen again.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Tyke wrote:Advert says these could be prototypes, so they could claim these were done before deciding to engrave the final designs with the plane numbers. Some others sold as prototypes have either had non standard backs, no serial numbers at all or 000 numbers.

Chances are with such anomalies these are the last of the breed not to be seen again.
And if all of the above was disclosed for the batch being sold, then all would be well, but from what has been reported in this thread, that doesn't appear the case.
'Tis me
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Caller wrote:
Tyke wrote:Advert says these could be prototypes, so they could claim these were done before deciding to engrave the final designs with the plane numbers. Some others sold as prototypes have either had non standard backs, no serial numbers at all or 000 numbers.

And if all of the above was disclosed for the batch being sold, then all would be well, but from what has been reported in this thread, that doesn't appear the case.
Technically it has been as it's in the small print of the sales ad that covered all the watches. I'm not impressed and certainly no defender of some things they do but I think they are covered on this occasion. If the buyers find the watch unacceptable then all they can do is send it back
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

I'd be extremely annoyed, more so if I paid a chunk of change for it. My guess is they'll take care of you--either by replacing the case back if you send it in, or by mailing you a new case back that u could have put on at a local quality watch shop (but be sure to check with CWL about this so you don't void the warranty).
steviebee155
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by steviebee155 »

Thanks for all your comments. Wera says there are no original case backs left. So I will return it as I believe that to be an integral part of the watch. I dont like CW displaying something on the website which they cannot supply. When you get into small print territory, that is a complete turn off for me. CW should understand this as their website is their shop window.Many might be drawn to sales as their first experience of the company. If they dont receive what they order, suspect there's a strong chance they won't return.
Thanks for reading,
Steviebee
C5 FLE 2015
C7 Rapide Chronograph MK I
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage
C60 Trident GMT 600 42mm
C70 Rosso Corsa Chronometer
C1000 Typhoon FGR4 Ceramic - Cockpit Edition
C65 Trident Automatic
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

steviebee155 wrote:Thanks for all your comments. Wera says there are no original case backs left. So I will return it as I believe that to be an integral part of the watch. I dont like CW displaying something on the website which they cannot supply. When you get into small print territory, that is a complete turn off for me. CW should understand this as their website is their shop window.Many might be drawn to sales as their first experience of the company. If they dont receive what they order, suspect there's a strong chance they won't return.
Thanks for reading,
Steviebee
For as simple chap like me it takes a bit of understanding how a company which eschews faux quality and allegedly wishes to take its brand up to the next level would stoop to the cheap trick of selling on prototype and review specimen watches to unsuspecting watch collectors! Maybe simple profiteering or desperation?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes

Post by scooter »

I'm sorry to hear of your perfectly justified disappointment.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Seems to fit in with the standard CW customer service - very average delivery of service but no doubt very good correction of it.