C65 Trident Classic Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
marky123
Senior
Senior

Re: C65 Trident Classic Limited Edition

Post by marky123 »

nordwulf wrote:Here is one for sale in the US being sold without markup but without the FD discount. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-bni ... 37658.html
So much hue & cry on this thread about LE sold out and yet in 5 days, that watch showed no signs to be sold on the biggest watch forum and going back as return! Strange!! :|
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

C65 Trident Classic Limited Edition

Post by gaf1958 »

gaf1958 wrote:Swapped the OEM brown strap for a slightly richer coloured genuine alligator one. Being real 'gator, the new strap has deeper creasing between the scales for a more 3-D effect, a lovely colour, is softer and the 100mm long 12 o'clock side positions the Bader buckle in a slightly better position for my wrist. The dial is a bit of a chameleon changing from almost black to a really lovely rich dark blue. It's not a bright blue, but it's still full of colour. CW really came up trumps with the LE. I am very impressed with this watch, much, much more than I ever expected to be...
statto wrote:I too have just swapped out the original strap for an alligator with Bader buckle, courtesy of the summer sale, but chose the dark blue as I thought it would complement the blue face, and be easier to put on than the tang buckle. In that respect, both assumptions were correct, but I have to say my first impressions of the alligator leather itself are not good - feels a fair bit flimsier than the other CW leather straps that I have and rate very highly. I'll give it time to settle in but at the moment slightly regretting my purchase decision.
Mine is not a CW alligator; it was made to suit an Omega clasp (the Bader is very similar to the Omega deployant). I have a few CW alligator straps and they are all quite a bit thinner than the standard leather straps. The strap I bought is as thick as the OEM leather trap, but is a bit softer and much more supple. The Bader fit CW gator straps are a bit of a disappointment - their older butterfly clasp ones were quite good.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

marky123 wrote:
nordwulf wrote:Here is one for sale in the US being sold without markup but without the FD discount. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-bni ... 37658.html
So much hue & cry on this thread about LE sold out and yet in 5 days, that watch showed no signs to be sold on the biggest watch forum and going back as return! Strange!! :|
With the 15% FD discount and ordering from the UK site, mine came to about $530. WIthout the 15% discount and ordering from the US site, it was $715 for this buyer so perhaps too much for this kind of watch for the watch enthusiast?
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

My C65LE turned up today, but not on the brushed stainless steel as I had requested, instead it came on the polished centre link version, which I am still pondering - not quite sure if I like it or not. Interestingly, this bracelet has the new Christopher Ward text on the inside of the clasp. Is this a new version or is that how it always was?

I am also not quite sure of how I feel about the watch itself. I'm a little underwhelmed by it to be honest. I'll see if it grows on me before making a decision to keep it or not.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

#058/175 has arrived in Ireland and I figure I'll have it tomorrow 8)
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

FloridaPhil wrote:My C65LE turned up today, but not on the brushed stainless steel as I had requested, instead it came on the polished centre link version, which I am still pondering - not quite sure if I like it or not. Interestingly, this bracelet has the new Christopher Ward text on the inside of the clasp. Is this a new version or is that how it always was?

I am also not quite sure of how I feel about the watch itself. I'm a little underwhelmed by it to be honest. I'll see if it grows on me before making a decision to keep it or not.
Mine also originally came with the polished centre-links bracelet. I contacted CW via Wera and they were very happy to exchange it for the plain all-brushed bracelet so I returned it and the new one is on its way.

The plain clasp with the new text logo on the inside is the newer clasp with the ratchet diver extension and seems to be the new standard clasp for both versions of the C60/C65 bracelet. Presumably at this point the plain external surface of the clasp is a temporary product until they decide what version of the new graphic logo they want to put on the clasps (and where/how they are going to place it) — in much the same way that the crowns on the new C65 Mk2 are also plain until they decide how to include the new logo.

The bracelet with the polished centre-links looks fine with the C65 LE but my personal preference is for the all-brushed version (although I realise this is entirely subjective).
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Well it's finally arrived :)
#058/175
I never thought that when I started this thread that I'd actually be lucky enough to get one of these beauties but I did !
I went for the Brown Bader strap.

Quick photos out of the box as I'm at work tonight and time not set etc :

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Well done Ferg and top notch that you've got some sunshine this evening to celebrate the new arrival.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Nice one Ferg! That blue face looks great in the sun :thumbup:
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by kevin_b1 »

Pleased for you Ferg you deserved that one to make the set, it's a good looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

MiniMpi wrote:Well it's finally arrived :)
#058/175
I never thought that when I started this thread that I'd actually be lucky enough to get one of these beauties but I did !
I went for the Brown Bader strap.

Quick photos out of the box as I'm at work tonight and time not set etc :

Well done Ferg. She's a beaut.

Worth the wait? ;)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Well done Ferg and top notch that you've got some sunshine this evening to celebrate the new arrival.

Guy
richtel wrote:Nice one Ferg! That blue face looks great in the sun :thumbup:
kevin_b1 wrote:Pleased for you Ferg you deserved that one to make the set, it's a good looking watch.
smegwina wrote:Well done Ferg. She's a beaut.

Worth the wait? ;)
Thank you guys :thumbup:
I am thrilled with it and very happy with my strap choice for it too as the brown picks up well with the orange indices and that lovely trident second hand. Actually Chris had a good look at my very LE at the showroom the other day and complimented the combo.
I'm really looking forward to wearing it tomorrow :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Mine should finally be arriving today. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

You will love it Kip !!
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8