Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: 'Nearly new'

Post by tempus fugit »

MadJam250 wrote:
scooter wrote:I'm not sure that anyone here would have the definitive answer as to what constitutes "Nearly New".

Perhaps if you made a quick telephone call to CW HQ you might find out and let the membership here know.

scooter
From what I understand others have been in touch with CW re this and the answers are confusing.

Kip, could you act as intermediary to settle this answer if possible please? ie. official line on where nearly new watches come from and, as has also been raised by others, if returned items can be sent back out as new. Thanks
My name is not Kip, but (unlike Kip) I do suffer from a condition that means I feel convinced that my voice demands to be heard despite having very little by way of qualification on pretty much any subject. With that out of the way, here goes:

I would hazard that the returns page is deliberately ambiguous. Most people (i.e. the basically decent right-thinking majority who don't abuse companies' returns policies) understand the simple principle that if you buy something, especially like a watch with far more than trivial value, then you don't wear it for weeks, cover it in dead skin, chip the lugs on doorframes, and put big creases in the leather, only to then send it back for a full refund. This normal person can read that the paying customer may feel free to spend weeks thinking over the purchase, trying the watch on their wrist (with perhaps the blue plastic in place still but having removed the clear plastic from the crystal for a better view), but as long as they aren't spilling booze on it down the pub, they may, having searched long and hard in the far recesses of their soul, know if this watch is destined for true belonging and decide to resign themselves to a bigger credit card bill this month. The watch becomes the father and the father becomes the watch yada yada.

But CWL accept that every now and again along comes a f***tard who does decide that no watch can be viewed under any light but that afforded by the flickering energy-saving 32W bulb deployed by his local flat-roofed, sticky-carpet-which-stinks-of-fried-food chain pub, and that water resistance should be tested by dragging it through the Strongbow slowly meandering in a sickly yellow river down the veneered 'mahogany' wood bar as he leans unsteadily against it while jerking his nose towards the ceiling in some parody of a neck spasm as he tries to repeatedly to catch the uncaring bar staff's attention. For CWL, dealing with returns by such sociopathic reprobates is well worth it financially to deliver the holy trinity of 60/60/60 as a marketing tour de force for everyone else who isn't a total loser.
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

Maybe a simple line on the product page of an NN item to describe its general condition would suffice?

nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Hicksmat wrote:FFS?

Yep, FFS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 110

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Fish Finger Sandwich. Lovely with red sauce, other sauces are available
Wants
C60-43-A-TKKTi-V1-B
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:

Yeah quite partial to them myself.

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Actually I think this calls for a FFFS Nathan.

scooter

Edit back to original for clarity
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by nbg »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:

Yes, but best be careful you don't spill the sauce on the watch when trying out the terms of the 60/60 down the pub... :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

You know my feeling is that just because one member of the forum has a lot of questions it's not really ok to attack them or roll eyes at them really is it? Just because it might frustrate some of you maybe the best bet is to simply not respond to those threads and move onto the next thread? Sounds sensible to me.

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

OK Robin

Good point, well made.

scooter

Edit back to original for clarity
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

Hicksmat wrote:Maybe a simple line on the product page of an NN item to describe its general condition would suffice?
Yeah, that would be so easy with the potential quantities of various models that build up before each sale.

I think that the vast majority here get this 60/60 and nearly new thing, its just a minority who appear to have lost brain power and seem to be unable to apply some common sense.

There is a simple answer here, if you don't like the idea of NN sales, just stay away from it and don't get involved. Don't make it difficult for us who are happy with the idea.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

MadJam250 wrote:Does anyone know for sure what constitutes a 'nearly new' stock item?
tempus fugit wrote:...every now and again along comes a f***tard
Indeed.
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

Hicksmat wrote:You know my feeling is that just because one member of the forum has a lot of questions it's not really ok to attack them or roll eyes at them really is it? Just because it might frustrate some of you maybe the best bet is to simply not respond to those threads and move onto the next thread? Sounds sensible to me.

Appreciate the support Matt (who's Robin, btw?)
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

Ranger wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:Does anyone know for sure what constitutes a 'nearly new' stock item?
tempus fugit wrote:...every now and again along comes a f***tard
Indeed.
Disrespectful.

MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

nigelb001 wrote:
Hicksmat wrote:Maybe a simple line on the product page of an NN item to describe its general condition would suffice?
Yeah, that would be so easy with the potential quantities of various models that build up before each sale.

I think that the vast majority here get this 60/60 and nearly new thing, its just a minority who appear to have lost brain power and seem to be unable to apply some common sense.

There is a simple answer here, if you don't like the idea of NN sales, just stay away from it and don't get involved. Don't make it difficult for us who are happy with the idea.
More than happy with nearly new sales .. my C2 is a nearly new and it's brilliant. All I and others want to know is the answer to my original post at the top of this thread as there is definite confusion as to whether nearly news are justbex showcase/demo models or returned items being sold on. I'd read before that the latter wasn't the case but then others have said recently that they are sold on as nearly new (or even as new).
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094