LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

10 Years of the Christopher Ward Forum

Post by Kip »

Today we celebrate the 10 year Anniversary of the Christopher Ward Forum (CWF). Ten years ago today the CWF was launched by our founder Hans as his response to being banned on Timezone. He was accused of being a shill for the Christopher Ward brand.

We have certainly come a long way since that date of December 11, 2005 when Hans turned us loose on the internet. We started as a Christopher Ward only forum. Although that is still first and foremost our focus, we have expanded our outlook considerably.

Not only have we expanded our outlook, but CWL has grown a bit along the way as well. I like to think that we have helped them in some way. I do believe that the forum has been a marketing tool and testing ground for CWL. This is due to the knowledge, feedback and participation of our members.

Despite our occasional “family squabbles”, I constantly hear that we are recognized as one of the friendliest forums on the internet. This is something that Hans wanted. This is something that the current team works at daily to maintain. However, it is you, the inmates that perpetuate this.

We come to learn, teach and share. This is what it is all about! We have helped a few members through some very difficult times. Fortunately, we have had many more good times. Most importantly you have helped out for a couple of charity events and I believe made a few friends.

Over the past 10 years we have had a few different moderators that have helped keep “The Asylum” running smoothly. I would like to thank Warhol, President, joerattz, Yoda, ianblyth, downer and Helix Von Smelix for their time and contributions over the years. Most of all I wish to thank Hans. He is the one responsible for creating the forum that has taken so much of my time. What a pleasure it has been.

I look forward to our future and hope that all that have found us will stay inside here and continue to support not only the CWF but Christopher Ward as well.

Thank You to all that have been a part of this.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: 10 Years of the Christopher Ward Forum

Post by scooter »

I heartily concur with Kip.

I'm still enjoying the journey.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Hear hear! Even though I am more of an observer of late, I am also enjoying the journey. Here's to the next ten years!
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

A little late to the party, but I've enjoyed it thoroughly thus far. Thanks to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Ten years good gracious me, I have only been here for just over six of them. I wonder how many have been here since day one?
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

By complete coincidence I have been here for seven years to the day today, and still enjoying it.

Here's to the next 10 years. :thumbup:
Richard
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Many congratulations, I'm glad I joined and enjoy it here.
'Tis me
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Been here since May 09 - by and large I have found the Forum a friendly, helpful place. I appreciate the willingness of others to share knowledge and experience without being judgmental or vitriolic. Even when the temperature rises on a subject - new vs old logos anyone? - most folks calm down after a few days and get on chirping merrily away. I don't know if I've ever made a world shattering contribution, more of chugging away with the odd comment here and there. But I'm glad it's here; and long may it continue.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

So thrilled that I joined almost four years ago! I've learned so much from this forum and quite enjoy my time here. Thanks to our current moderating team for your time as well.

Thanks to Hans for starting this, Kip for guiding it and everyone else here making it such a great place!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Just over 5 very enjoyable/entertaining years for me.

Congratulations to the forum and a big thanks to Hans for starting it and ofcourse the moderators. Well done fella,s. :cooler:

footy.
Graham
Glynn
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Glynn »

I only joined a few weeks ago and I feel at home already. You are all very patient with me asking lots of questions and I thank you all for that as I am on this wonderfully learning curve and I am pleased I am on this journey with you. I hope to get to know you all in time. It's obvious that Kip is a major part in this although I don't know your official title kip but from day one you were very helpful. I hope I am a positive contributor to the forum in time.
A very big THANK YOU
Glynn
The attitude you live by determines the altitude you fly at.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Congratulations to the team. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

It's a great forum, thanks team.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

Kip,

Great milestone for the forum.

I have only been a member for 4 years but have thoroughly enjoyed being on a forum which is certainly friendly and knowledgeable.

Congratulations to you and the Admins.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by christam »

I can only boast of being a 7 month old baby in forum terms but have certainly enjoyed being a member so far. In a nutshell, membership of the forum has had a detrimental effect on my finances in a most positive way :D

Congratulations to Kip and all the long-serving members who've made the forum what it is.
I am not a collector of watches. I used to be able to say that and know I was telling the truth.