New Trident Bezel Alignment Issue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Glacier
Junior
Junior

Re: New Trident Bezel Alignment Issue

Post by Glacier »

Oh wow that looks good indeed :)
Just bought the red bezel black dial too (but rubber strap) praying it'll come properly aligned!!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

You may have no doubt, but I think it is more likely to become a parts unit.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Kip wrote:You may have no doubt, but I think it is more likely to become a parts unit.
For a misaligned bezel!!!!!!!

Are they that hard to line up that it is more cost effective to part it out as opposed to remove/line up the bezel and hit the NN section?????

Blimey..

Sent from my UMI eMAX using Tapatalk
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

nightMD wrote:All fixed. Amazing communication and customer service, as usual. CW sent me a brand new Trident and covered return shipping as well. Alignment is perfect and the piece is gorgeous! Thanks to Wera and the rest of the Chris Ward staff.

Love the watch, and thanks again!
Is that a fleck of dust under the crystal between 1 and 2? :wink:

Result from CW :thumbup:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

nightMD wrote:All fixed. Amazing communication and customer service, as usual. CW sent me a brand new Trident and covered return shipping as well. Alignment is perfect and the piece is gorgeous! Thanks to Wera and the rest of the Chris Ward staff.

Love the watch, and thanks again!
Forgot to say, this colour scheme of Trident is bloody fantastic!!!!
Delighted that she is all lined up and good to go.

Wear her with pride and in anger.

robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

smegwina wrote:
Kip wrote:You may have no doubt, but I think it is more likely to become a parts unit.
For a misaligned bezel!!!!!!!

Are they that hard to line up that it is more cost effective to part it out as opposed to remove/line up the bezel and hit the NN section?????

Blimey..

It suggests to me that if you can write off a piece for a mis aligned bezel then the watches are being turned out very inexpensively. There is plenty of evidence that investment is currently going into overhead and marketing rather than the quality of the watches.

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
nightMD
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

New Trident Bezel Alignment Issue

Post by nightMD »

robinbarke wrote:It suggests to me that if you can write off a piece for a mis aligned bezel then the watches are being turned out very inexpensively. There is plenty of evidence that investment is currently going into overhead and marketing rather than the quality of the watches.

Robin
I can't let it go unsaid that the intrinsic quality of this piece is simply fantastic. Now that it's fixed, the watch exceeds expectations in almost every way. It is by no means the most expensive watch I own, but you wouldn't know that by holding it. If looks and feels every bit as expensive as a ceramic Rolex GMT (maybe better).

As for CW, I won't begrudge them their profit margin, whatever it is. Based on a comparison to other watches and the overwhelmingly positive experience with customer service, I will continue to extol the value of the brand.

Just my 2 cents...
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

The are indeed beautiful trinkets, and value can only be judged by the customer. Among my collection I have one of the new quartz tridents- and it's a lovely lovely thing. However it does nark me a little to think that the movement can be freely bought from Cousins for £5... yes £5 which by inference reflects a certain value for other aspects- the design, the case, the QC process as well asll the administration of running the business. And, yes, also given half-price sales we can infer one whacking markup. Still, you can't take away the fact that they are superb items. Value you have to judge for yourself.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

richtel wrote: However it does nark me a little to think that the movement can be freely bought from Cousins for £5...
I am guessing you won't be buying the popular Tag Heuer Formula One then. Depending what model you might buy, the movements they use can be bought for $13-$30 USD and that is in a watch that sells for $900- $1500. They have been fleecing the public for years, by comparison, with this model....and they are not alone. :silent:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

robinbarke wrote: There is plenty of evidence that investment is currently going into overhead and marketing rather than the quality of the watches.

Robin
You are correct. The overhead has certainly increased along with the business growth and the merger with Synergies Horlogeres. This increase will only benefit the company in the years ahead. The cost of the marketing via email, the forum and word of mouth is absolutely horrendous as well.

I see plenty of evidence that investment is being poured back into the company for long term growth and improvements. Things like the merger, the development of the SH21 movement and its variations, the total revamp of the C60 Trident line with an all new case and bezel, The release of the C11 Titanium Extreme, The C8 Flyer, and lets not forget the new C40 case of the C5 Slimline. That's just part of what I have seen in the past 18 months.

That doesn't even bring into play the items that were mentioned on the last chat, that are in process, to improve internal systems and service.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Glacier
Junior
Junior

Post by Glacier »

My was also slightly misaligned to the right.
If I lived in the UK I'd also consider returning it for fixing but from Australia it's too much of a pain lol I hope when I service it this could be fixed by regular watch repairers.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Like you, I'm not in the UK and it was a pain to find the time to wrap up W61 Trident and get down to the post office, but CWL did refund my postage/shipping fees.

And it was totally worth it to get rid of that issue that had been bugging me.

I didn't do it immediately - I emailed Wera about it quickly and said it would take me some time to post it back to her. I think I only did it 2 months after I first received the watch.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Glacier
Junior
Junior

Post by Glacier »

asqwerth wrote:Like you, I'm not in the UK and it was a pain to find the time to wrap up W61 Trident and get down to the post office, but CWL did refund my postage/shipping fees.

And it was totally worth it to get rid of that issue that had been bugging me.

I didn't do it immediately - I emailed Wera about it quickly and said it would take me some time to post it back to her. I think I only did it 2 months after I first received the watch.

Wuuu... now I'm tempted... maybe I should file a "report" early as well (although it may not be necessary if this is considered a warranty-able matter).
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Good morning

I have received a Trident Blue Bezel/black face , bought in the sale as a Nearly New and condition wise it is immaculate.
Unfortunately I have noticed the exact same bezel alignment issue as the OP. In addition the bracelet appears to have been resized and the spares are missing.
I wonder if the allignment issue was the reason it was returned ?
I really want this watch, but as it's discontinued a replacement is unlikely, hopefully CW can realign it.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

It is unlikely CWL would remove links prior to a watch being sold, so yours could suggest a return that was resized by the original purchaser.

Send it back for the bezel to be realigned (a job they now have plenty of experience doing) and ask for the bracelet to be replaced with a full length one - you may even get an "upgrade" to the new clasp in the process!