The A+ Club!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

The A+ Club!

Post by gatehealing »

So given the volume of QC etc fails reported on here lately, and given that I still think it's more of stats thing than an actual representation of the brand, I figured I'd start a thread dedicated to CWL passes to balance things out.

As for me, 10/10 have had no issues at all. Wera has been unparalleled in helping me with requests etc.

What else has gone well? I'm not trying to erase some of the craptacular stories of late, just balance em out. I've certainly found things to fuss about (just not re: the watches themselves).

J
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: The A+ Club!

Post by kevin_b1 »

I currently have 6 CWs but over time have had 12 all but one have been 100% and that one was a NN and just required a battery change as the battery died within a week.
Wera and her team provide excellent service or have done whenever I have asked them a question or indeed the battery incident.
So from me it's an A+ award.

Regards
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A+ from me too.

I've bought 10 watches, new or nearly new, from CWL over a period of just over three years. All have been in perfect condition bar one NN which had a small scratch on one lug (not a deal breaker).

Any ancillary contact with Customer Service, not just Wera but Chloe and the team, has rated 'extremely satisfied', bar the warranty check on my C11 Makaira Elite which took a couple of weeks longer than anticipated.

All good here. A+

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Similar to Kevin, I have 10 CW's and all running great with out any issues. The only problem I have had was again with a NN C6,battery died after a few weeks. Wera sorted it for me and even sent me a new box when mine was damaged when being rapped with tape when sent back to me. So for me fantastic watches and brilliant C/S :thumbup:
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Almost perfect here too. The only issue I had was with my makaira elite but Wera sorted it super quick so no complaints !!!
I do appreciate though it is more annoying when the watch arrives with a defect when it should have been spotted by QC opposed to it developing a fault later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Have 10 CWs only problem had was NN C90. Would manually wind but auto wind didn't work. Being fixed as we speak.
Mart51
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mart51 »

4 CW's down and all 100% good. Wera has been excellent in getting specific serial numbers (the latest was no: 80/100 for my fathers 80th). Definately no complaints here
Current collection:
C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm red and black
C61 with Orange
C60 300 white with black
Oris Big crown pointer - Rose gold
Smiths PRS29am
Smiths Explorer
Smiths Everest
Certina DS Action Precidrive
Scurfa Diver One Ceramic
Scurfa D1-500 Yellow
Daemon
Junior
Junior

Post by Daemon »

Tho I admire the idea to give CWL some praise (especially if it is a well deserved one), guys, you have to understand how the internet works.

People will rarely report, especially on the forums, that something is GREAT. Forums' purpose is for people to mainly whine and vent out and find solutions to problems. You will rarely find a post "Hey, everything works for me, I have no issues and no additional questions. Bye."

That is why it looks like there are a lot of QC issues. I am willing to bet there aren't. It's just that people who got a watch that slipped through QC will come here and complain (like I did). The vast majority of the people who got a flawless watch will not even create an account on a forum.

It's just internet ... =)
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by joeegg17 »

Daemon wrote:Tho I admire the idea to give CWL some praise (especially if it is a well deserved one), guys, you have to understand how the internet works.

People will rarely report, especially on the forums, that something is GREAT. Forums' purpose is for people to mainly whine and vent out and find solutions to problems. You will rarely find a post "Hey, everything works for me, I have no issues and no additional questions. Bye."

That is why it looks like there are a lot of QC issues. I am willing to bet there aren't. It's just that people who got a watch that slipped through QC will come here and complain (like I did). The vast majority of the people who got a flawless watch will not even create an account on a forum.

You hit the nail on the head with this post .
I once was involved with a golfing forum that deteriorated in to a gushing love in for anything to do with the brand . Anything even mildly leaning towards criticism was jumped on by the administrators and (cult) members.
Unsurprisingly the membership of that forum has plummeted so well done CW for allowing people's views to be aired on their forum .
Garry.
Bugster87
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bugster87 »

joeegg17 wrote:
Daemon wrote:Tho I admire the idea to give CWL some praise (especially if it is a well deserved one), guys, you have to understand how the internet works.

You hit the nail on the head with this post .
I once was involved with a golfing forum that deteriorated in to a gushing love in for anything to do with the brand . Anything even mildly leaning towards criticism was jumped on by the administrators and (cult) members.
Unsurprisingly the membership of that forum has plummeted so well done CW for allowing people's views to be aired on their forum .
Garry.
Absolutely correct. I have only bought one watch and my experience has been spot on. Lots of customers posting with valid faults though. Does make you question the QC. Some very obvious problems that should have been picked up and the items never dispatched.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

I have owned around 28 - 30 CW,s and if i,m honest 10 have had small issues but personally think its more of an issue with the long standing members as we see more & more repeat issues, such as the misaligned bezel on the Tridents. It may be only a very small percentage of sales but we on this forum tend to hear about them often. There is no doubt that CWL,s customer service is fantastic but QC gets B-

This is NOT a slagging off but or QC and in my head these processes happen. :lol:

( Step 1 ) A watchmaker puts together a movement/dial & hands and checks that everything is aligned and working as it should.

( Step 2 ) Another watchmaker/technician grabs a watch case, inspects it for bezel alignment and any other defects and then fits the movement into it & checks again that it is all working.

( Step 3 ) Watch is now ready to send to CW HQ for sale. Order recieved, Item from shelf, Warranty card filled in and dated then placed inside box, watch checked over before sending to customer.

Where in this process are these misaligned bezels or any fault not being picked up. :kopfwand:
Graham
garlic_icon
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by garlic_icon »

A watch is a luxury good. While Chris Ward watches may be modestly priced within the Swiss Made sector of the market, they still demand a considerable investment by the consumer. Such an investment along with the "Swiss Made" tag will inevitably lead to higher expectations from the consumer, and rightly so. Given that, I would be very surprised if a company like Chris Ward got no negative feedback, it comes with the territory. It's how a company deals with this that it important. The ETA / Sellita C60 COSC mix up was a case in point. Mistake made, accepted and rectified. I don't think any customer can have worries about any issues not being sorted satisfactorily, the main concern seems to be should they be happening at all (incorrectly lined bezels etc). My line on this is that although they are a company selling luxury goods, they are also a fledgling company by industry standards, competing with much more established firms. Quality Control is still catching up with growth. In that sense the negatives which we are hearing about should have a positive impact in the longer term.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I will need to consult my spreadsheet tonight to properly answer this question! But I've definitely had a few minor issues, eg my new white C60 Mk2 was scratched on receipt so had to be replaced (it might have been ok if it was NN), sending out straps in the wrong size, etc.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

I have 6 now and no problems with any.
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Daemon wrote:..........

People will rarely report, especially on the forums, that something is GREAT. Forums' purpose is for people to mainly whine and vent out and find solutions to problems. You will rarely find a post "Hey, everything works for me, I have no issues and no additional questions. Bye."......

Just so and all the more reason to report the good news!