Current repair times.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Current repair times.

Post by stefs »

I am aware that CW have increased the standard quoted repair time to 8-10 weeks but I was under the impression that this was a worst case scenario and they usually get done well inside and therefore exceeding the customer expectations. Are inmates finding that they are currently taking the full time to get the repairs carried out?
I ask as my Makaira is in for what I thought would be a fairly straight forward fix and although it is not late yet we are upto week 8 now with no news. Obviously I am not stuck for a watch to wear but keen to be re-aquainted!
Thanks
Cheers now, Paul
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Current repair times.

Post by Tomsolo »

I have a C20 in for repair at the moment and it's been seven weeks and I've heard nowt :thumbdown: I was quoted the same 8-10 weeks as you....a recent service I also had took best part of 3 weeks, despite the promised two week turn around. However I was pleased with the service, my C600 came back all shiny and no longer losing the 30 seconds a day pre service :thumbup:
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

I'm the same, week 9 starts tomorrow and not heard anything, so looks like the quoted time is being adhered to at present.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

tomsolo
jvm32

so as I click into the 10th week I just wondered if either of you have heard anything yet. Dont know why but I have an uneasy feeling!
Cheers now, Paul
JJH

Post by JJH »

10 weeks has now passed since CW acknowledged receipt of my watch for their tech team to look at. Still awaiting detail of repairs required and associated costs (if indeed it can be repaired at all). The watch is c4 peregrine approx 7 years 6 months old- so outwith the 60/60 repair.

Last email update (after i got in touch) was end of August "watch is in the watch clinic and I shall be in touch".

Almost forgotten they had it. Poor customer service with very little comms / progress updates. This is just for the quote, how long will the repair take??
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Tomsolo »

Nope....not heard anything yet...... :thumbdown:
crag145
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by crag145 »

During the chat with Chris and Co I specifically asked if they have issues in recruiting watch repairers and was pretty much told no problems. Makes me wonder if certain repairs are out sourced?
garlic_icon
Junior
Junior

Post by garlic_icon »

I found the comms a bit poor when sending a watch in for a service. Email stated that I would be contacted upon receipt of the watch but I had to email them to get confirmation of receipt. Overall turnaround was fine but if you state that you will contact someone at a particular point in the process you really ought to do so.
crag145
Senior
Senior

Post by crag145 »

There does seem a big gap between the Customer Service when you purchase to when you want a repair. Anyone with insider knowledge know have many are in the service/repair team?.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

10 weeks in with still no news I rang this morning for an update a couple of hours ago. Someone will be back to me momentarily so fingers crossed.
I think a bit of schedule communication would probably be a good thing.
Cheers now, Paul
crag145
Senior
Senior

Post by crag145 »

Out of interest Stefs what has it gone back for?
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

crag145 wrote:Out of interest Stefs what has it gone back for?
the internal bezel crown was very tight/stiff...nothing much
Cheers now, Paul
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

garlic_icon wrote:I found the comms a bit poor when sending a watch in for a service. Email stated that I would be contacted upon receipt of the watch but I had to email them to get confirmation of receipt.
Posted mine back last Friday, got the e-mail confirming receipt by 11am Monday. No complaints here.
garlic_icon
Junior
Junior

Post by garlic_icon »

Scrogg wrote:
garlic_icon wrote:I found the comms a bit poor when sending a watch in for a service. Email stated that I would be contacted upon receipt of the watch but I had to email them to get confirmation of receipt.
Posted mine back last Friday, got the e-mail confirming receipt by 11am Monday. No complaints here.
Thats good to hear. I'm not suggesting widespread customer service issues. As someone who has bought 2 watches of the company this was the only negative I've had and even then, as I said, the turnaround of the service was spot on. I suppose its all about getting a uniform level of customer service and whilst this can be tricky, a notification on receipt of a watch should be fairly easy to achieve.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

I sent my C9fle in for repair on 26th Aug, received the confirmation email on 28th Aug. It will be a nice Xmas present when it comes back. :lol:

I guess as CWL grow the amount of servicing is also growing, add this to repairs and a possible lack of staff- servicing/repair times are going to be lengthy.
Graham