New C60 Quartz

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
PC-Magician
Expert
Expert

New C60 Quartz

Post by PC-Magician »

I see that the Ronda 515 quartz module can be had for between nine and twenty quid, is the quartz model worth the money.
I had to ask sorry.
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: New C60 Quartz

Post by ddav »

Go with the 515/3 and the dates at 3 to boot!
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
stolivar
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by stolivar »

It is a bloody disgrace seeing the C60 line turned into such a cheap run of the mill commodity.
Boccia 3542-2
C60-GMT-SKWKC22 - nato black grey
Tudor Oyster Prince Date ref 75204
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

There are many much more expensive quartz watches out there. I even own one (expensive one that is, own quite a few quartz), but quartz prejudices aside, there is much to be said for a good quality quartz watch. It is after all, more than just a movement.

The price difference between the quartz and auto models (roughly) approximates the price difference between the movements, but you get a few improvements on the new autos (ceramic bezel for one).
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

stolivar wrote:It is a bloody disgrace seeing the C60 line turned into such a cheap run of the mill commodity.
How is it run of the mill? It seems to me a lot of thought went into this lineup launch. I bet everyone at CW is happy and proud of how it all turned out.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A C60 quartz will be a fabulous 'entry level' watch for people new to the brand and for those who do not want or need an automatic.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

yeah, i think "bloody disgrace" is a bit melodramatic.
the "g" is for Greg...
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I may sell my C6 Kingfisher and replace it with a C60 300.
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Fnew »

Personally, I know quite a few people who actually prefer quartz watches to auto. I think that by adding a quartz model to the lineup CW will sell even more C60s.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Mart51
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mart51 »

Fnew wrote:Personally, I know quite a few people who actually prefer quartz watches to auto. I think that by adding a quartz model to the lineup CW will sell even more C60s.
I agree. Just the thought of picking up a c60 / 61 where I don't need to set the time and date is quite appealing :)
Current collection:
C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm red and black
C61 with Orange
C60 300 white with black
Oris Big crown pointer - Rose gold
Smiths PRS29am
Smiths Explorer
Smiths Everest
Certina DS Action Precidrive
Scurfa Diver One Ceramic
Scurfa D1-500 Yellow
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

stolivar wrote:It is a bloody disgrace seeing the C60 line turned into such a cheap run of the mill commodity.
Perhaps it's otherwise than you assert for those who prefer Quartz movements and who find the price range more appealing and affordable.
johnbrandonayling

Post by johnbrandonayling »

Can anyone confirm if the quartz comes with deployment strap or is it just the pro 600
Thanks
ArghZombies
Senior
Senior

Post by ArghZombies »

theaub wrote:
Perhaps it's otherwise than you assert for those who prefer Quartz movements and who find the price range more appealing and affordable.
Yes, but didn't CW a brand as a whole used to be about providing a more appealing and affordable pricerange for quality watches? Now bringing in a quartz model at a price that several of their automatics used to be close to that is pushing their original target market out of the picture.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

ArghZombies wrote:
theaub wrote:
Yes, but didn't CW a brand as a whole used to be about providing a more appealing and affordable pricerange for quality watches? Now bringing in a quartz model at a price that several of their automatics used to be close to that is pushing their original target market out of the picture.
Good point; but when I first came across CW almost seven years ago they carried far more quartz watches in their range than they do now. The first Malvern was quartz - and the C1, still one of their great watches, was quartz. Personally, now that watches in general are increasing in price (I think that CW are still relatively inexpensive compared to some brands - and yes more expensive than others!) to have a range of models that have a price range for those who are unable or reluctant to spend more is a win win situation for the customer and for CW. It could be a bit like TAG or Omega and their quartz models.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

theaub wrote:...It could be a bit like TAG or Omega and their quartz models.
Hopefully without the associated snobbery that the less-well-informed often attach to them...

I have worked in the Motor Trade for a long time, and when you supply Sales people with company cars they don't (generally) need to buy a car, so they have a lot more disposable income which often gets spent on watches.

And suits. And pointy shoes. But I digress...

The "big two" watches always seem to be Tag and Omega (I myself am guilty of owning a Seamaster Professional) and there is a running joke that you can tell how good a sales person someone is by whether the wear the 'tick tock' or the 'proper' version :roll: