Another new member

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Another new member

Post by DavidM1 »

Hi everyone,

Bob Demers just let me know about this forum. It's great to see it up and running.

I'm hunting for straps at the moment and so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I've just tried a slimmer Rios Dk Brown 'gator strap that I like on the watch a lot but it is a bit worn out. Here's a pic.

cheers,

Dave

KevRC4130
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Re: Another new member

Post by KevRC4130 »

DavidM1 wrote:Hi everyone,

Bob Demers just let me know about this forum. It's great to see it up and running.

I'm hunting for straps at the moment and so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I've just tried a slimmer Rios Dk Brown 'gator strap that I like on the watch a lot but it is a bit worn out. Here's a pic.

cheers,

Dave

Welcome! Is that a black strap? It looks great! Be sure to post in the "show your watch" forum, people have been itching to see different colored straps. :wink:
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum! Love the strap, makes a nice combo with the Malvern!
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Hi David, welcome :wink:
Is that a real gator strap?
Kostya

Post by Kostya »

Hi Dave!
Your review of CW Malvern Automatic on TZ made me get this watch :)
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

The same goes for me, after reading some of Dave's posts on TZ I decided to try the Malvern out. Here you can find Dave's review:

Malvern Review
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

I am so glad you liked the watch! I was so chuffed with the watch myself that I couldn't wait to get some pictures and details up about it in the review.

I bought this alligator strap about two years ago for another watch and wore it for about a year. During that time it had a hard life because our baby boy threw up on it a few times - as they do! I tried shoe polish to improve it but I think it made it duller not shinier and so I didn't wear it for about a year. Maybe it has dried out or something but now the surface looks pretty good again. It was originally dark brown but is now a little darker than before but not quite black.

I got it from a guy in Sydney who was importing them cheaply but has since stopped. Most comparable straps seem to be around $140-150. Too much for me I think.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

It was actually David's article that first introduced me to the Malvern. I was doing a search on the 2824-2 movement and followed a link to the TZ review. From there I searched for CW and found this forum. The rest is history.

Gratefully,
El Tiempo
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Me too!

Post by joerattz »

Kostya wrote:Hi Dave!
Your review of CW Malvern Automatic on TZ made me get this watch :)
Yeah Dave, me too.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

Hans wrote:Here you can find Dave's review:

Malvern Review
Oh my gosh...a link to another site! Is that allowed here? ;-)
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

I suggest a permanent ban. For at least a week.
Bob Demers

Post by Bob Demers »

David, I see you made it! Great. They don't chastise you when you talk about CW's here!
Bob Demers
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

Weird isn't? everyone caught a bit of a serve for simply pointing out that this watch is a bargain and a joy! Oh well. I suspect that it's well on the record that a lot of people bought it and like it. Hopefully others won't be too put off by the sideshow.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

El Tiempo wrote:I suggest a permanent ban. For at least a week.
I had a post deleted 'there' and was referred to some site rules. My post did violate the rules (although plenty of other posts do too in the same way, but are left in tact) in that I posted a link to somewhere else asking about a watch. I had never heard it was bad to post a link to another site. In all my learned knowledge on education and research, providing links to the information's source is appreciated, not subject to deletion.

I think my post was deleted because I was deemed a shill...for asking a question if a watch was any good or not.