Late breaking news on the diver ...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Late breaking news on the diver ...

Post by joerattz »

no titanium. I suppose this may be bad news for those wanting titanium, but I personally prefer stainless steel, so it's party time for me. I hope I like it now. :shock:
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes

Titanium

Post by Rick »

Maybe Chris saw the poll.
How do you know this Joerattz?
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Yeah man, cough it up!

:laola:
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Here's a small update from me: probably tomorrow I will be able to post more details about the diver, and maybe even some pictures, so all of you interested in the diver: stay tuned!!!!! :applaus:
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Titanium

Post by joerattz »

Rick wrote:Maybe Chris saw the poll.
How do you know this Joerattz?
Chris told me in an email. Here is what he said:

"Titanium we ditched for Pearl blasted stainless steel...I liked the guys comment on feeling weighty....and over the past two years our customers do like to feel the weight..."
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

diver

Post by Rick »

Er!!!! Whats pearl blasted stainless steel then?

Does look like he took note of what was said which is good.

:D
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Here's a little something I picked up on the interwebz.

"Bead Blasting
Introduction
Glass or glass pearl blasting is a common and widely used procedure for giving stainless steel a uniform finish after treatment. Glass blasting of stainless steel has however a number of significant drawbacks. The high breakdown rate of the glass balls means that in practice blasting is with a high percentage of broken balls, resulting in a relatively high surface roughness (2.0-3.0 micron). Glass blasted surfaces have shown in practice to be susceptible to attracting dirt and are difficult to clean. This combination of contamination of surfaces
with high roughness together with difficulty of cleaning allows corrosion to set in even in a relatively mild (ambient) environment.
Advantages of ceramic pearl blasting
Blasting with ceramic pearls is free of the disadvantages described. The breakdown rate for ceramic pearls is a factor of 50 lower. This guarantees that processing will always be conducted with perfectly global pearls (circa 100 micron). This is immediately apparent in the visual result of surfaces that have been blasted with ceramic pearls: a uniform satin finish. Depending on the roughness of the untreated material a roughness less than 1.0 micron can be achieved.
Applications
Blasting with ceramic pearls is for this reason suitable for stainless steel products where appearance is important. Examples of this are stainless steel cladding for walls, shop and office fronts, staircases, lifts and road furnishings (cladding of viaducts, traffic signs etc.). Their susceptibility to corrosion under atmospheric conditions is significantly reduced by this treatment.
Blasting with ceramic pearls has proved its suitability for the treatment of stainless steel surfaces in for example the food and harmaceutical industries. The lower roughness makes the surfaces much easier to clean. This is certainly true for industries where the contamination consists of microbes. Vecom Metal Treatment B.V. has facilities for ceramic pearl blasting. Using permanent magnets metallic iron is removed continuously. The material can when required be chemically passivated and rinsed with demineralized water after ceramic pearl blasting to remove for 100% residual blasting material. This treatment will also reduce susceptibility to staining (common phenomenon for glass pearl blasting).

The most important reason for pickling stainless steel is in order to remove welding discolouration and alien iron, thus restoring the corrosion resistance of the material completely. By then blasting with ceramic pearls a uniform, satin sheen can be achieved.

I could've really gone either way. I hope they'll be using at least 316L steel.

I can't wait to get a look. My bonus money is burning a hole in my pocket. :hot2:
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

El Tiempo wrote:I can't wait to get a look. My bonus money is burning a hole in my pocket. :hot2:
Wait no longer El Tiempo!

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=235

Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thanks

Post by Rick »

Thank you for the information El Tiempo,very helpful it was to.

I like the name of the Watch very much and hope the sweep hand gets the bird attached same as the C4 carrying on the bird theme although the pics seem to show bird on the tip this time.
Hope there's not to many colours to choose from because i will not know what to pick,all look good. :ka:

Nice one Chris :D