C4 Peregrine's With A Difference

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Terminator

C4 Peregrine's With A Difference

Post by Terminator »

Okay. In an earlier thread it might have sounded like i was being harsh in the C4 Peregrine. That was not my intention. I do like my watch very much and I dont think there will be a watch that is better value than the C4. I just think that with the bracelet design I felt that style over functionality had taken a precedent and reliabilty of the bracelet had suffered as a result. The thread might have sounded harsh but it was only because people kept asking questions so I had to keep replying.

As I said before I like my C4 and I will buy another. However if I can voice my own opinion the C4 could be even better. I will be buying another but I feel the current styles on offer with this superb watch could be made even better. I find the colour schemes a bit boring because they lack contrast. For instance with each C4 the Tachymeter Ring is the same colour as the face. Maybe Christopher might want to stir things up a little by adding some extra touches. Now I am no watchmaker lmao but seeing as I am a bit handy with the old Photoshop I knocked up some ideas. Dont be harsh. I spent all of 5 minutes on each pic. I am just tossing some ideas up in the air to get this forum juicing a little.

Enjoy :wink:

The first pic is of the C4SKS. Christopher has the Tachymeter Ring the same colour as the face. Now I think it would be a much nicer contrast if it was white. Okay it may smack of a Breitling but theres not much wrong with a Breitling now is there lol.

Current C4SKS

How it could be

Or how about this for something different.

Now this I would buy instantly. This is a guaranteed sale Christopher :wink:

And if I had the money then I would definetly buy this baby but it looks expensive :lol:

Geez this looks good :shock:

Come on Christopher. Get it done. You have a bloody brilliant watch in the C4 Peregrine. You just made it a bit bland. Mix it up a bit and give us a bit more bling. You would shift 1000,s more of the things.

You know when I look at these pics my talents are wasted. I should be a watch designer ( j/k ) lmao.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Hmmm, not bad Terminator, not bad at all! I kinda like the white ring!

:applaus:
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Yes its the one thing really wrong with the C4 if you ask me. Thats why I went for the one I did. I prefer contrast between the face etc but I was not so keen on the look of the others due to the ring being the same colour. It just did not look right.

If you have any influence with Christopher Ward Hans if you would ask him to do me one with the blue face, white tachymeter ring and a black leather strap then I can say 100% that I will send him the order for it. That would look superb if you ask me. Of course taste is a personal thing but who can possibly disagree with my view that the white tachymeter ring looks far far better.

Current C4SBS

How it should be with the choice of a Black Leather Strap
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

c4

Post by Rick »

I to like the white ring,does look a bit like a Breitling.
Really not sure about the Yellow/Gold though,just a bit OTT for me.

:lol:
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Terminator wrote: If you have any influence with Christopher Ward Hans if you would ask him to do me one with the blue face, white tachymeter ring and a black leather strap then I can say 100% that I will send him the order for it. That would look superb if you ask me.
I have the same amount of influence with Chris as the rest of us forum-members, and that influence shouldn't be underestimated, he's really open for suggestions, so who knows!
Terminator

Re: c4

Post by Terminator »

Rick wrote:I to like the white ring,does look a bit like a Breitling.
Really not sure about the Yellow/Gold though,just a bit OTT for me.
I just quickly knocked that up for effect Rick. My intention was for a real gold finish but I was not spending hours with photoshop to create it. Personally I would prefer a Steel & Gold finish ie Gold highlights.

All joking aside I do think Christopher is on the right track developing the C4 but I am not convinced he got it quite right. It is terrific value but I do wonder if it has not done as well as he thought it would and if so I can kind of see why. I see plenty of people talking about the Malvern's around the web but there does not seem to be as much excitment about the C4 and I think it is a damn shame. I do not know how big his production runs are at any one time but my own opinion is that he should maybe consider small changes with the next C4 run. As I say I love it but I would like to see a little fine tuning with the watch.

I am not kidding about my earlier statement either. If he can do me a C4 with the blue face, white ring and a black Alligator leather strap then it is a done deal. Thats what I really want. Then it would really be a £150 watch that looks like £1000. That simply has to sell in its 1000's.

:ug:
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

c4

Post by Rick »

I can see where your coming from Terminater,would certainly look good.
As your probably aware i to have a C4 and there is not much contrast on the watch face itself.

Thing i find with gold plate,even on watches such as Breitlings is the gold gets worn off.
Seen a Breitling where the gold has worn away on the pushers and i would imagine it would be quite thick to start with.

Only solution i would see to fix that would to make the watch case from real gold and i dont think thats a real alternative or we be getting into a serious money situation :(
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Im surprised at that Rick. I would not expect that from a Breitling. I must admit I do like a stainless steel & gold combination for a watch. I guess it just has to be done in the right places where contact will be limited. I have owned a number of watches over the years with a gold/steel finish including Seiko's and I cant say I have had any problems and my daily watches go through a lot of wear & tear. Are you sure it was a real Breitling you saw lmao :wink: . I guess it would be down to the quality of the plating but Christopher obviously does gold plated Malverns and I dont think I have heard of any issues so I see no reason why it cant be done with the C4.
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

c4

Post by Rick »

I have to say i was surprised to and was wondering the same thing about it being genuine,saw it on the internet being sold, obviously second hand so either had a lot of use or indeed a fake.
:roll: