what led you to Christopher Ward?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DaytonaRik
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: what led you to Christopher Ward?

Post by DaytonaRik »

A Google search looking for pilot chronographs and/or 7750 moveemnt...can't remember which one was first but they both led me here. Despite me only just taking the plunge I've pointed several friends in this direction
I just think it's cool to have an obsolete technology on my wrist that actually works. - rfortson
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

I wonder how many people have been led to CWL by the new Trident?
Personally I like the new case a lot. The rest of the watch I like. I need to see the hands in person to decide my opinion of them.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
Mani
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mani »

Value for money, and a 60 month warranty. Although my first purchase was in 2012, I've owned 8 in total, but haven't bought one for 3 years.
5 CWs, 1 Panerai, 2 Omega, 1 Rolex, 1 Tag, 1 Ball, 1 Zenith, 1 Tudor, 1 GS
Zundfolge

Post by Zundfolge »

A “car guy gift guide” in, I think, an issue of Grassroots Motorsport that featured the original C70. It opened my eyes to the whole world of independent watch brands. Also ended up in my avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

I was bitten by the bug after an orient mako, and have been chasing the one watch collection ever since, 25 watches later, I’ve gone from a CW trident 43mm (too big), a CW 65 classic (again too big), a CW trident 38mm (perfect but for some mad reason I sold) and have just rebought another 38mm trident mk2 (new). The perfect amalgamation of dress and sport watch and I plan to keep forever
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

Lewis wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:52 pm I wonder how many people have been led to CWL by the new Trident?
Personally I like the new case a lot. The rest of the watch I like. I need to see the hands in person to decide my opinion of them.
Mine was the new c60 via Scottish Watches podcast- I trusted the 2 Ricks enough that even if there was a bit of 'back scratching' going on they wouldnt be as positive about it without pretty good reason.

I'd never been impressed with the old c60 as they seemed a bit generic/average looking to me (no disrespect to those that own and love them) but the new one just seemed great value and looks different to what else is out there. Plus I'd grown tired of seiko and their misalignment issues. The c65 and vintage styled one had got my attention but the new c60 was technically superb and became a no brainer- very happy with it too.
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
maxkeith

Post by maxkeith »

I was looking for two things, a bronze watch and GMT function. I wanted something I could use when I travel, so good lume and GMT are a must. I love the look of bronze and the patina it develops so I did I search and found everything I wanted in the C60 Bronze, did some more research to check the quality of CW watches and my mind was made up.

Went to visit my brother in the UK so I ordered one so it would arrive while I was with my brother.

So far I am very happy with the watch.
VVD

Post by VVD »

I came across CW while searching for a "dressy" 38mm diver to add as a companion to my trusted and apparently unbreakable SKX013.
And now i am the happy owner of a black C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk 3.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

A friend alerted me to the existence of CW, the fact that it was fairly local to me was interesting and I particularly liked the look and idea of the c60-trident-cosc-600 (white dial). Fortunately or not, depending on how you look at it... the one in the sale area went. With more investigation it seems like CW has created a micro brand with reasonable quality without overly excessive pricing.

I see a lot of their watches on e-bay but have not -got a handle on that yet.....

I'm now mainly looking into ownership and service issues as far as the whole experience is concerned and of course trying to learn more about the brand.
Gasman
Senior
Senior

Post by Gasman »

I have not read every post on this thread but I would like to answer the original question. I didn’t set out to look for a new watch as I had 10 already, Rolex,Omega,Tudor and IWC. I was trawling through eBay when I came across CW I was surprisingly amazed at what I saw. I have now bought a C60 PVD and I would like to buy a C11 when one comes along. I have also now found that I like Lum-Tec and I have bought 2 of them.
peterh
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by peterh »

The year is 2005.

I see a picture of the original C5.

Hook, line and sinker.
Man with one watch, always know time. Man with many watches, never sure.
(unidentified Chinese philosopher)