what led you to Christopher Ward?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: what led you to Christopher Ward?

Post by Thermexman »

Kip wrote:If your work mates are not yet members, you need to get them in here! :)
Good shout. I'll enquire!
Steve.
George Smiley
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by George Smiley »

Several years ago I decided to buy a decent divers watch, and searched YouTube for reviews. My budget was not large, and my searches reflected this. Almost immediately Christopher Ward and Steinhart watches seemed to be the main contenders, as well as Seiko of course. Like so many of you I suspect, my collection of watches has grown since then..... :D
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

George Smiley wrote:Several years ago I decided to buy a decent divers watch, and searched YouTube for reviews. My budget was not large, and my searches reflected this. Almost immediately Christopher Ward and Steinhart watches seemed to be the main contenders, as well as Seiko of course. Like so many of you I suspect, my collection of watches has grown since then..... :D
Did you buy your Rolex and other luxury watches before or after you bought your first CW?
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Rooski
Junior
Junior

Post by Rooski »

What led me to CW was when I saw a famous youtuber do a review of c60 trident and it got me really interested. Done some research of my own and also ordered the CW magazine. I've heard CW but never paid attention to it before as I always thought "why would I buy a Swiss watch with CW London logo on the face and the company is based in Maidenhead which is no where near London" Kept dreaming of owning one over Christmas and finally saw the perfect one for me on eBay.... C60 600 38mm blue on blue. My only regret about buying online is that I don't get to visit the CW store/showroom which was a experience I was looking forward too. Maybe next time!
C5 Malvern mk2 auto,C60 trident 600,Seiko Sea Urchin, Oris Junior vintage, Tag Aquaracer (Quartz) and Golana Aqua
Dokusan
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dokusan »

As i am a bigginer I visited the czech watch forum, where I have placed my question on new dress automatic watch. Within the frame of my budget I was given several suggestions. One of them was ChWard. So I started to learn about and in the moment of my decission I foun the January sale, so it was the impulse to get my first ChWard watches.
I had purchased C5 Malvern Automatic MkII.
I wear it today for the very fist time.
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Dokusan wrote:As i am a bigginer I visited the czech watch forum, where I have placed my question on new dress automatic watch. Within the frame of my budget I was given several suggestions. One of them was ChWard. So I started to learn about and in the moment of my decission I foun the January sale, so it was the impulse to get my first ChWard watches.
I had purchased C5 Malvern Automatic MkII.
I wear it today for the very fist time.
Greetings,

Welcome, enjoy your stay here and congrats on your first CW purchase.
Dokusan
Senior
Senior

Post by Dokusan »

BerlinCW wrote: Greetings,
Thanks. C5 Malvern is definitely not to be the only one Chr.Ward watches of mine.
Oseberg
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Oseberg »

Went through the following thought process, nurtured by long hours of youtube watch channels :

With Nomos Tangente and Rolex Explorer in the drawer, already had the dress watch and office daily beater sections covered.

Still had an appetite for a dive watch, spending time googling Blancpain Fifty Fathom and vintage Subs. That Itch Had To Be Scratched.
Not ready to fork out € 8K for a Submarine fresh from the AD shelf
Did not want an homage watch, like a Steinhart Ocean or a Squale 20 Atm (despite Squale being lovable)
Wanted a different looking watch, to avoid people asking if it was a real Rolex
Realized the Trident was a strong contender with 600 m depth rating an ceramic bezel, and had a white dial version.

logical next step was to order the Trident C60 GMT 600
Chr Ward Trident C60 GMT600
Rolex Explorer 214270
Nomos Tangente affichage réserve de marche
Seiko 5 B-Uhr
Rotary Ocean Avenger
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Oseberg wrote:

logical next step was to order the Trident C60 GMT 600
Totally logical and absolutely the correct decision. I love my, albeit non GMT, white Trident!
Enjoy!
Steve.
Dokusan
Senior
Senior

Post by Dokusan »

Dokusan wrote:
BerlinCW wrote: Greetings,
Thanks. C5 Malvern is definitely not to be the only one Chr.Ward watches of mine.
So my next Ward watches will probably be C65 Trident Vintage
rogco
Senior
Senior

Post by rogco »

Just over a week ago I started researching watches. I haven't had a watch since college over 20 years ago, and i wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between quartz, mechanical or automatic movement, let alone the name of a watch maker. Oddly, I found the whole thing addictive. Anyway, what brought me to C Ward was this article from 2014.
http://watchjudge.com/blog/best-watch-b ... tsmanship/

Most watch articles were just rehashing brand names or designer watches they thought looked good. This one went into manufacturers and provided a lot of great info. I went through the watch makers on the list and read this review on wornandwound:

http://wornandwound.com/review/cward-c5 ... ii-review/

Then I came to the C Ward website and I was hooked!
MercifulFate

Post by MercifulFate »

I found Christopher Ward because I was on the quest for the nicest blue dive watch I could afford.

When I saw the Trident on the seconds hand I was immediately interested, and the guilloche wave pattern along with the trident only made me imagine the ocean. Also, the C60's blue was one of the nicest shades of blue of any dive watch I saw.

I love mine.
Shooter723
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Shooter723 »

I found Christopher Ward on YouTube watch reviews sounded like a good deal I own high and pieces but always like to get bang for buck if possible. I have not received my watch yet but ordered a trident 60 pro in white. specs sound very good looking forward to getting it on wrist and see how I like it. I purchased it on a 50% off sale so the price is right if the watch is any good
CW C9 5day 40mm white face black leather strap,CW Trident pro 600, Omega seamaster gmt, Orient m-force black, Orient m- force orange, ROLEX day date presidents bracelet , Seiko sarb65, Lumi-nox 8150, to many others to list
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Shooter723 wrote: I have not received my watch yet but ordered a trident 60 pro in white. specs sound very good looking forward to getting it on wrist and see how I like it. I purchased it on a 50% off sale so the price is right if the watch is any good
The watch is great! I have two and I love 'em. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Steve.
Shooter723
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Shooter723 »

Thanks looking forward to getting mine. How do you like your sarb35?
CW C9 5day 40mm white face black leather strap,CW Trident pro 600, Omega seamaster gmt, Orient m-force black, Orient m- force orange, ROLEX day date presidents bracelet , Seiko sarb65, Lumi-nox 8150, to many others to list