what led you to Christopher Ward?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: what led you to Christopher Ward?

Post by Thermexman »

Shooter723 wrote:Thanks looking forward to getting mine. How do you like your sarb35?
It's got a lot to live up to, due to all the hype but I'd say that it succeeds rather well and I like it a lot. It's rather unassuming and you have to look closely to appreciate the quality. It's no Grand Seiko but then again, at £235 I wouldn't expect it to be! I kind of like the fact that the uninitiated wouldn't give it a second glance! It's a stealth watch!
Steve.
Bill66
Senior
Senior

Post by Bill66 »

I found Christopher Ward through a HiFi forum I frequent, that forum is for customers of AVI which is a British brand specializing in very High quality speakers with a down to earth price and absolutely no bull, the owner is actually quite scathing of most of the HiFi industry (snake oil salesmen is a frequently used phrase!). Any way Christopher Ward seems a good fit in this regard, plus I had always fancied an Omega Planet Ocean but can't really justify £4000 on it, so the Trident seems a very, very acceptable alternative for less than a quarter of the price whilst still retaining that quality feel.
Tudor BBN
CW Trident...now incoming!
Bill66
Senior
Senior

Post by Bill66 »

I should add that someone else on the other forum is a fan and recommended CW, otherwise you'll wonder what I'm going on about!
Tudor BBN
CW Trident...now incoming!
UncleDicky
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by UncleDicky »

Value for money, quality , design I place more value on actual quality than a brand
C9 Marine Chronometer Small Seconds, C8 Mk2 Aviator, C600 Trident Pro; Lum-Tec Combat B19, Elliot Brown Canford, Smiths Everest, Casio Protrek.
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

UncleDicky wrote:Value for money, quality , design I place more value on actual quality than a brand
Agreed!! What are your top three watch brands that actually meet these requirements?
Its_Probably_Me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Its_Probably_Me »

I got interested in mechanical watches through my interest in engineering. When researching good options within the UK they came up as a top choice for quality and value
Pokerpete

Post by Pokerpete »

I was just looking at pictures of divers on WUS and came across these Trident beauties.... so here I am looking to pull the trigger on one very soon.
dingdong33
Junior
Junior

Post by dingdong33 »

Previously, I .....wash my mouth out with soap.....was really into Tag Heuer watches, and have 4 of these in my collection. A guy at work, knowing my weakness for buying things I don't need, brought me in a copy of the CW catalogue, and that was it. My most recent
bank statement reveals my 2 major misdemeanours in January (i.e 2 CW purchases). However, no regrets. They are beautiful, stylish watches. I'm sure I'll be indulging again before long.
shalferty75
Junior
Junior

Post by shalferty75 »

I like watches, not in a geeky way but just different looks. I read a review for one of the models on A Blog To Watch and decided to have a closer look at the models. I've been wearing my first one this week and have my eye on another. I like the alternative designs on some of the models and the sizing is good for me.

The one thing I was curious and nervous about was the fact CW was only online but having dealt with the customer service team (nothing wrong with the watch, just about delivery times) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
ziphos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by ziphos »

UncleDicky wrote:Value for money, quality , design I place more value on actual quality than a brand
Same reasons for me, but especially that they are great looking watches.
CW C60 pro 300, C60 pro 600, C60 pro 600 GMT, C60 Titanium V2, C65 Trident Classic, C7 Rapide, C63
Omega Speedmaster Professional, Speedmaster Racing, Seamaster (1950's)
Breitling 2x Aerospace
Also: Borealis Bulova Casio Scurfa
dingdong33
Junior
Junior

Post by dingdong33 »

I've already explained how I came to CW (guy at work). Now more and more people are being led to CW simply on seeing my watch and asking the make. Never experienced this with other watches. While In London yesterday, 2 total strangers asked me this question, and asked for info. on the prices. Maybe I should charge CW for offering a free marketing service!
Vansflyer
Senior
Senior

Post by Vansflyer »

After years of collecting (Mainly Breitling) I was not happy justifying the cost of the new ones.. spotted a few CW on eBay and wasn't sure.. so I went to see a C8 Pilot U2 in the flesh and was blown away by the quality. Got it on the spot and never looked back. Just got a Trident in the sale and now lining up another.. :D
Summit, Seiko SQ100, Alfex Moonphase, Ingersoll "Triumph","Tin Tin" watch. Seiko 7T39, Navitimer, B1, Aerospace Adv, Citizen Red Arrows, Alfa Branded Mitsumi, Moonphase, C60 Pro SH21, C9 J Hour, C70 VW4. C60 Trident 300. Tudor Pelagos.
BenN400Ruz
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by BenN400Ruz »

I like something different to the normal with a British twist if possible hence car history, lotus, Aston etc. Watches meeting this criteria are a little hard to find (at a reasonable price) and CW fits the bill. My next one has to be an in house movement though.
Ben
RichAZ2006
CW-watches: 3

Post by RichAZ2006 »

I stumbled across CW last year while looking for a new timepiece. I wanted a higher end Swiss Made diver, and was shopping for an Omega Seamaster. Then I found CW while reading some forum posts. I was drawn to the hands initially. Then the size (43mm). Then the price. I decided to give it a go and purchased the Trident 600 Pro, black dial/bezel on SS. I was highly impressed.

Later, went on a diving vacation to the Caribbean and wore the Trident exclusively. On a dive, I had several old school divers ask about it. A friendly Canadian fellow said he had seen CW online, but just browsed. He handled the Trident and then said he wanted one too. We keep in touch and since then, he purchased 2. The divers wearing those high speed Suunto digitals seemed less interested for the actual diving aspect, but did like the look and quality.

Hopefully in the past year or so, I have steered some people to CW.
The scot

Post by The scot »

Wus. I bought a Malvern during the 50% sale as present for my brother and was blown away with the quality. He nearly never received it.