C8 - its become a race!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
kfman

C8 - its become a race!

Post by kfman »

I really want my C8 LE, but sitting here with in excess of £300 commited to buying a watch, its becoming difficult to hold out any longer. All was fine until Eddie Platts release the new Speedbird III on his TimeFactors site last week I missed out on the limited edition of 50 watches, but the non LE is due any day now, and to be honest, if it is available before the C8, that's where my money is going and the C8 order will be cancelled. I'm not being petty, its just that there are options out there, and CW has to realise that. By the way, the LE speedbird sold out in less than 3 minutes!
C8 Aviator LE incoming (hopefully .... one day)
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: C8 - its become a race!

Post by rcherryuk »

That new Speedbird is really nice!
I know how you feel though, there's a Steinhart Nav-B that's calling to me,softly but insistently..........

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

8)
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

Know how you feel kfman! I canclled my C8 the same day I got the email from Chris! :( Just didnt want that money sitting there. However, I think if I had the choice of the Speedbird and the C8 id prob wait for the C8!............
kfman

Post by kfman »

WatchLove_OS wrote:Know how you feel kfman! I canclled my C8 the same day I got the email from Chris! :( Just didnt want that money sitting there. However, I think if I had the choice of the Speedbird and the C8 id prob wait for the C8!............
it's not really a question of which one I prefer. I am happy to take either, but not both and if the Speedbird is available before the C8 ships, I will find it difficult to just ignore. If I was really flush of course, I would have both :lol:
kfman

Post by kfman »

it is with some regret that I have to say I have cancelled my order for teh C* LE. The speedbird came up for sale and WAS AVAILABLE and so it was no contest. In an ideal world I would onw a Speedbird and a C8, but we don't live in an ideal world and I had to make a choice. Should I regret my decision, there will doubtless be other opportunities to purchase a C8 LE, for if there's one thing I have learned in my years of collecting watches, most of them are simply passing through. Only a very few get to stay indefinitely :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Sorry to see you cancel...there goes your 10%. What is important is that you are happy with your choice. Just don't go away mad..in fact don't go away!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
kfman

Post by kfman »

Kip wrote:Sorry to see you cancel...there goes your 10%. What is important is that you are happy with your choice. Just don't go away mad..in fact don't go away!
Don't worry, I'm not going away, it was a simple case of I have money to spend on a watch, there are two watches that take my fancy and my money goes on the first to become available. If user feedback on teh C8 is positive, and my funds build up again, I will doubtless give the C8 a second chance, just not right now.

Still looking forward to hearing people's views when the watch finally lands and seeing some 'real' photos.

Terry

P.S. Interestingly I didn't receive an offer of discount on future purchases. On top of supply problems, communication and handling of customers is another area that CW needs to sort out. There was no proactive communication re - my order from CW. I knew what was going on only by asking questions and/or reading this forum. Room for improvement I suggest :(
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

I do not know why, but by what is going on right now, I have the feeling, the 23rd is not a realistic date anymore....
Anyone has any news about the date??
Thanks
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

cstef wrote:I do not know why, but by what is going on right now, I have the feeling, the 23rd is not a realistic date anymore....
Thanks
There was a post in another of the C8 threads today about 23rd still being the target and people should be getting them 25th onwards.
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

ctafield wrote:
cstef wrote:I do not know why, but by what is going on right now, I have the feeling, the 23rd is not a realistic date anymore....
Thanks
There was a post in another of the C8 threads today about 23rd still being the target and people should be getting them 25th onwards.

saw that, but came in after my post....
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
34dean

Post by 34dean »

Daz wrote:The Speedbird is indeed a nice looking watch but it doesn't stand out amongst other pilots imho; apart from the stubby hour hand, it is also too small at 39mm for my liking.
I hope you stick it out for the CW pilot which again imho looks twice the watch than the Speedbird.

+1

Couldn't agree more. The CW looks to be much more watch for the money as well and you know the customer service is the absolute best and you'll never have a worry.
Attitude determines altitude.