New C11 model Vintage Edition PVD

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: New C11 model Vintage Edition PVD

Post by amleto »

village wrote: Robin...with all due respect that is a complete and under load of nonsense.
complete and 'utter' ;) :thumbup:

I could've sworn I already commented here about the misaligned screws? ah well...
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

AliBar wrote:Slightly surprised this didn't emerge on the chat with Chris... I might have been sleeping if it was. Quite like it myself and wonder if it's a sign that the vintage look has been a good move with the C8. Quite a complimentary pair now with the C8 and C11 :thumbup: .
Both the C8 vintage models are in the "best sellers" collection.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

robinbarke wrote:Excuse me, has this Forum turned into an advertising medium for CW watches?

Robin
I believe that Ian was just doing a public service for the inmates and lurkers.

We are after all, first and foremost, a CWL forum. We do serve as a marketing tool, advertising medium (hell..I am an advertising medium), as well as a research facility and sounding board for CWL.

Independent we are, but nonetheless, "The Asylum" benefits CWL and CWL provides us with sneak previews, inside info and allows us to design our own models in return. Fair exchange in my view.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
mcloving
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by mcloving »

amleto wrote:
I could've sworn I already commented here about the misaligned screws? ah well...
Bizarrely I too noticed this and though how odd. It made me look further and even more bizarrely every pic of the new watch on the site has the screws in the exactly the same mis-aligned positions.

My OCD would have a field day.....
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

If all the pics has the screws going in the same none straight way the surly they are not miss aligned just not going the same way on purpose.

I have a Schauer and he is a top engineer that spends time hand finishing his cases and the screws on that aren't all pointing the same way. If they did or did on a C11 they would look false.
mcloving
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by mcloving »

androo wrote: I have a Schauer and he is a top engineer that spends time hand finishing his cases and the screws on that aren't all pointing the same way. If they did or did on a C11 they would look false.
True I hadn't thought about them looking false...
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jammy Devil »

androo wrote:I have a Schauer and he is a top engineer that spends time hand finishing his cases and the screws on that aren't all pointing the same way. If they did or did on a C11 they would look false.
I don't have a Schauer, but rather like the look of this, and the screws are all "mis" aligned:

amleto
Senior
Senior

Post by amleto »

androo wrote:If all the pics has the screws going in the same none straight way the surly they are not miss aligned just not going the same way on purpose.
Or all the 'pics' are just alterations of the same render.
androo wrote:I have a Schauer and he is a top engineer that spends time hand finishing his cases and the screws on that aren't all pointing the same way. If they did or did on a C11 they would look false.
do you keep him in the cellar? :lol: sorry, it just sounded funny transforming thing into person :)

I don't think attention to detail and neat aligning is 'false'. I'd rather the screws were like this...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eOwduYeW9Tg/S ... 4ST-01.jpg
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
MikePerillo
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by MikePerillo »

Very nice....but not for $711 USD. Just a matter of subjective taste and not a criticism of the watch.
I'll wait a year or more for a sale (if at all).
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Sorry Robin but I am still not sure about what you mean. I know that a number of people do not get the e-mails and so usually the first person usually post the details of the e-mail for those people. And knowing how popular the normal C11 and C8 Vintage are then I thought it would be interesting to a lot of people.

I should have mentioned it was an e-mail and put the contents in quotes to make it obvious but I saw no reason not to quote the whole e-mail. Even if it was marketing. If I had been CWL staff then that would be a different story.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Nhitrac

Post by Nhitrac »

Got an email about the C11 this morning. Wow, amazing, beautiful!

If only some prick didn't do a hit and run on my car a few days ago, or the fact that I should be saving, or that my other half still doesn't even know I'm waiting for delivery of a C60 :silent:
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Thanks Ian for posting!

I am one of the fortunate who does receive the e-mails (UK and USA versions) but often they get overlooked in the inbox. I appreciate Ian's postings and have never ONCE felt that is was advertising, quite simply just information on a new CW offering.

Ian offers considerable insight into CW watches and happenings............ and I've come to rely on his knowledge and perpsectives as a watch collector.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

New C11 model Vintage Edition PVD

Post by MiniMpi »

I must say I like it :) :)
sawyer

Post by sawyer »

There seems to be a little bit of price creeping going on. I like the PVD with white hands. It really has a nice contrast. I'm not sure about the Vintage stuff.
agong
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by agong »

looks so much like Bell and Ross type. lol!

I'm happy to see CW venturing into so many different types/genre of designs. But hopefully there are also new horological complications like moonphase and perpetual calendars? (just hoping....) :)
Current: Casio Edifice, Hamilton Khaki Divers, CW C5 Malvern Auto, Daniel Roth Metropolitan Cities, JLC Master Control,
In loving memory: Alpina Avalanche Extreme Regulator, Zenith Port Royal Elite, ARNOLD & SON HMS, Gerald Genta Retro Sports