C700 Leather strap - broken stitch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: C700 Leather strap - broken stitch

Post by joeegg17 »

To bring this tale to an end, i have Just had this email from Wera. It seems she had no hand in the response after all .

Dear Mr *******

I am sorry to hear about this. Dan should have done a replacement order over the phone with you based on the time you received the watch.

Sometimes when people complain about the condition of a strap, they may have had the strap for several years, swam with it in the sea, chlorine and showered daily with it. After several years of even normal wear and tear the leather of straps will deteriorate as it is a natural material ( not unlike wearing a pair of leather shoes day in day out for several years ) So a regular approach is to ask customers for a photograph of the strap, as we can quickly identify visually even if it has been subjected to excessive moisture…..in which case we would not replace free of charge after a number of years.

BUT….. if a brand new strap fails, the team should automatically replace this, sight un-seen. I apologize that this did not happen on this occasion. I will discuss with Dan seperately.

It is however entirely truthful that we do not have much desk time in the afternoon’s, we are a very small team and work very hard, and whilst the focus for the team in the morning is to answer emails and answer phone messages etc etc. in the afternoon it is all hands on deck to get all the orders out the door. It is highly likely that Dan would not have seen an email you sent to him in the morning, until the last watch has been dispatched for the day, sometimes this is at 5.15pm, and the team go home then. This is not an apology, but I would like to offer it just as an explanation.

Having checked your order details just now I can see that events have overtaken this email, and Dan has raised an order for a replacement strap which has also been posted to you today and will be with you tomorrow.

Hopefully you will accept our apologies for this series of events. Please do not feel the need to return the faulty strap, I would suggest you keep it as a spare.

I do hope you decide to keep your watch, and would like to see you return for more. If you do decide to return for another purchase, I am happy to offer you a special 10% discount of your next FULL PRICE purchase.

Once again, sincere apologies.

Best regards

Wera
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Looks like poor Dan's up for a rollicking though. :(

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

scooter wrote:Looks like poor Dan's up for a rollicking though. :(

scooter

I doubt it, just a reminder about proceedure . If these guys are as snowed under as sugested it was an easy oversight . EVERYBODY makes mistakes .
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Sounds like it's sorted now. Something may have been overlooked, but it happens when people are busy. The good news is you can snip the thread off and have a spare. And 10% off a new watch. So what will it be? :D
Trying not to buy any more watches...
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Clach77 wrote:Sounds like it's sorted now. Something may have been overlooked, but it happens when people are busy. The good news is you can snip the thread off and have a spare. And 10% off a new watch. So what will it be? :D

top of the list would be a C70 DBR1 if it wasn't sold out :(
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Lots of new stuff to choose from in the Autumn! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Kind of feel a bit for the CW team here. It is without question that the CS is second to none, I think we all agree with that, but they must also be aware that there is every possibility that transcripts or extracts of emails will be published on the forum. I can't help feeling that this might have a subconscious influence on the response.

At this point, I will make it clear that I have absolutely no issue with the OP and he like any other members are entitled to publish what they like. It is merely an observation that the detail in the response from Wera is quite well, detailed (!) and perhaps above what one might otherwise expect to see.

It is testament to Wera that she is willing to outline what happened and what will happen as a result and reiterates the high level of CS we have come to expect.
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

nathanclarinet wrote:Kind of feel a bit for the CW team here. It is without question that the CS is second to none, I think we all agree with that, but they must also be aware that there is every possibility that transcripts or extracts of emails will be published on the forum. I can't help feeling that this might have a subconscious influence on the response.

At this point, I will make it clear that I have absolutely no issue with the OP and he like any other members are entitled to publish what they like.
I feel a bit for the CW team as well but for a different reason. This is the 2nd thread I've read today where someone didn't get a response 'fast enough'. You can't send an email and then a few hours later complain that it's taking too long. I would generally give someone 2 business days before starting to get worried.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Pretty much sums up my point! Thanks!
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Vicious49 wrote:
nathanclarinet wrote:Kind of feel a bit for the CW team here. It is without question that the CS is second to none, I think we all agree with that, but they must also be aware that there is every possibility that transcripts or extracts of emails will be published on the forum. I can't help feeling that this might have a subconscious influence on the response.

At this point, I will make it clear that I have absolutely no issue with the OP and he like any other members are entitled to publish what they like.
I feel a bit for the CW team as well but for a different reason. This is the 2nd thread I've read today where someone didn't get a response 'fast enough'. You can't send an email and then a few hours later complain that it's taking too long. I would generally give someone 2 business days before starting to get worried.

I posted all information and emails as to show complete transparency , i have been in too many forums where only the good or bad are highlighted . I thinks its a great credit to CW that they allow a free forum to be so closley assosiated to there site . Every company is not like this i know .
I am self employed running my own business and ALWAYS reply to any call, email or mail well within 48 hours . If the CS is under so much strain as suggested by many members perhaps its time for them to recruit a new member of staff :?
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Garry

I believe the fact that CW managed to send you a new strap within 48 hours, allow you to keep the old one and promise you 10% your next full price purchase suggests that they have everything pretty much under control as it is.

Try sending Rolex an email and see how long it takes them, if they condescend to, reply.

The Forum and the Christopher Ward Company are not linked and I believe you will find when you have been here a little longer that they both gain positively from each other.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

joeegg17 wrote: I am self employed running my own business and ALWAYS reply to any call, email or mail well within 48 hours . If the CS is under so much strain as suggested by many members perhaps its time for them to recruit a new member of staff :?
It had certainly not been 48 hours yet when you posted this. Which is fine because it seemed like you were giving an update.

"Spoke to them first thing this morning . Dan asked me to take a picture and email it to him . Have not heard back from him yet "

It had not been 48 hours yet when you posted this either. At this point it seem less of an update and more of a jab with the 'much touted' part thrown in there.

"Well its the end of day two and still not heard a peep out of the much touted CW Customer services :("

I don't have anything vested personally either way but from an impartial point of view, it irks me when people in general do this. Show a bit of patience. You yourself said for your own business you reply within 48 hours. In this case it hadn't been 48 hours and you get the point . . .
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Scooter

I think you will find i have posted the email sent to me to show how generous Wera and CW has been, to which i am very grateful . I have in all fairness posted every positive and negative in this thread.

I cant comment on Rolex as i have never bought from them . I could on the other hand list every company that i have dealt with that have replied within 48 hours but that isnt going to get us anywhere .
I think you will find that this forum has a link to its site on the CW site so is linked in some way wether you agree or not .

This thread is all about my first dealings with CW CS , the facts are here for all to read .

Its not an attack on the brand as i am fan so no need to get quite so defensive .
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Vicious49 wrote:
joeegg17 wrote: I am self employed running my own business and ALWAYS reply to any call, email or mail well within 48 hours . If the CS is under so much strain as suggested by many members perhaps its time for them to recruit a new member of staff :?
It had certainly not been 48 hours yet when you posted this. Which is fine because it seemed like you were giving an update.

"Spoke to them first thing this morning . Dan asked me to take a picture and email it to him . Have not heard back from him yet "

It had not been 48 hours yet when you posted this either. At this point it seem less of an update and more of a jab with the 'much touted' part thrown in there.

"Well its the end of day two and still not heard a peep out of the much touted CW Customer services :("

I don't have anything vested personally either way but from an impartial point of view, it irks me when people in general do this. Show a bit of patience. You yourself said for your own business you reply within 48 hours. In this case it hadn't been 48 hours and you get the point . . .

Splitting hairs , IMHO .

As i have said i am not attacking CW .

Unfortunatley this forum seems like so many others , with one or two keyboard happy fanboys who wont look at the whole story .
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

joeegg17 wrote: Splitting hairs , IMHO .

As i have said i am not attacking CW .

Unfortunatley this forum seems like so many others , with one or two keyboard happy fanboys who wont look at the whole story .
I'm not even a 'fanboy'. Nor was I being defensive when it came to CW. I was just stating that in general people need to show a bit of patience when dealing with any company. After that you stated what you do for your own business and I quoted your own posts to show that you didn't even give this particular company that same time frame.

I'm not going to discuss about it further because it's not that big a deal to me. I've spoken my mind, you've gotten your strap, life goes on.