Discuss Christopher Ward watches
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

C700 Leather strap - broken stitch

Post by joeegg17 »

Hello All !

New member here who recieved a beautiful C700 last week . Disappointingly a stitch on the strap has already broken . Is this a common problem with CW straps or am i just very unlucky .

Thanks for any input, Garry.

Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: C700 Leather strap - broken stitch

Post by Mr Rick »

To my knowledge this problem has never been mentioned before. Contact CWL Customer Service, they will sort it in a jiffy.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Mr Rick wrote:To my knowledge this problem has never been mentioned before. Contact CWL Customer Service, they will sort it in a jiffy.

Spoke to them first thing this morning . Dan asked me to take a picture and email it to him . Have not heard back from him yet .
RockyRacoon
Senior
Senior

Post by RockyRacoon »

I've been wearing a leather strap on my C700 for three months with no problems. Customer service is excellent so hopefully they will offer you a replacement strap.
Andy

CW watches: C700 Grand Rapide / C8 Mk II U-2 Vintage / Constance Deco [square] - for the other half
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Had the same issue on my C7 Rapide strap (the same as fitted to the C700). Replaced by the ever obliging CW team FOC
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

f1colin wrote:Had the same issue on my C7 Rapide strap (the same as fitted to the C700). Replaced by the ever obliging CW team FOC
Can you remember how long it took for them to sort the problem ?
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Well its the end of day two and still not heard a peep out of the much touted CW Customer services :(
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

joeegg17 wrote:Well its the end of day two and still not heard a peep out of the much touted CW Customer services :(
Try contacting Wera directly. See here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Kip wrote:
joeegg17 wrote:Well its the end of day two and still not heard a peep out of the much touted CW Customer services :(

Many thanks for the tip, i will give it a try BUT it begs the question. Why do new CW customers have to register into a forum and find this info out, all i want is to get some pretty basic customer service ??
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

joeegg17 wrote:
Kip wrote:

Many thanks for the tip, i will give it a try BUT it begs the question. Why do new CW customers have to register into a forum and find this info out, all i want is to get some pretty basic customer service ??
They usually don't. Something has slipped through the cracks somewhere. I am sure Wera will sort it out. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

Many thanks for the tip Kip .

I sent the following email to Wera at 0800 and recived a reply from CW 48 minutes later ! .

" Good Morning Wera,

I was given your email from Kip at the CW forum as i have posted a thread about the subject and he thinks you can help .

I bought a watch from CW on june the 11th and loved it as soon as i opened the box . Unfortunately upon the first time i wore it (saturday16th) i noticed that one of the stitches had broken on the strap . I contacted the CW service dept. and spoke to Dan who seemed a little flustered and he told me to take a photo and email it to him . I did this immediately and believed i would hear something back that day to say the email had been received . I did not hear back so i phoned again in the afternoon . I spoke to a woman this time and asked if the email had been received . She replied in a rather brisk manner that she was sure it had and they were all very busy on mondays and Dan would reply later that evening or first thing tuesday . Tuesday came and went without a reply .

All in all i came away with the distinct impression that i was "bothering" them . I then found the CW forum and registered and posted some of the information about the lack of customer service on the forum .

This now brings us up to date and to you.

Could you possibly look into this for me ? All i am asking for is a little customer service , isn't this after all what Christopher Ward pride themselves on ? I am now seriously considering returning the whole watch as i am so disappointed with the lack of service for such a minor problem .

Many thanks for any help you can give .

Sincerely , Garry. "

Dont know if was just a happy coincidence or wether Wera made things happen but a replacement strap is on its way :D
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Congratulations Garry

You've just been tangoed by the much vaunted Customer Service Department at CW.

Just wondering if any other watch companies would have put a replacement watch strap in the post within, I'm guessing here, around 48 hours.

Bytheway, I'm no Fan Boy but I don't knock CW's Customer Service.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Saint Wera adds another notch to her halo! :clap:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I do understand your frustration and i also think that Dan or Debs would have sorted it in the end to your satisfaction, we are talking about a very busy little company here that are not just sitting at a computer all day watching the emails come in.
I,m glad its now been sorted by our saint Wera, but also think a little patience would have gotten the same results.

Enjoy your watch :thumbup:
Graham
joeegg17
Guru
Guru

Post by joeegg17 »

footycrazy wrote:I do understand your frustration and i also think that Dan or Debs would have sorted it in the end to your satisfaction, we are talking about a very busy little company here that are not just sitting at a computer all day watching the emails come in.
I,m glad its now been sorted by our saint Wera, but also think a little patience would have gotten the same results.

Enjoy your watch :thumbup:
A simple acknowledgment email would of taken maybe less than a minute out of their day just to say they are looking into the matter. Instead i was left wondering if they had received my email and photo .
Anyway all good now and i LOVE the watch !