the chrono

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
schulten

the chrono

Post by schulten »

i dont like steel straps, so i wont buy the malvern chrono, but when i saw this version of the chrono, i beagan to wonder why this version is not out for sale

aargh tired, english is too hard now
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by KevRC4130 »

I'm guessing it was probably a prototype, and if it makes production, it probably will not be until Chrstopher Ward becomes more established and has the funds to release a whole line of watches. This is my guess of course. I'm not at all a fan of the numbers on that watch, but otherwise it looks nice.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

I like the chrono. Right now I'm waiting to hear from Coserv on the condition of my Seiko. It stopped working a few years ago and I finally decided to send it in. If it costs more than it's worth to repair, I'm thinking of getting the CW chrono. I think it would look great rocking a black strap. Frankly, I'm suprised no one has tried a black strap on their Malvern. This will be the first order of business when mine arrives.

If you look through the pdf available on Chris's website you'll see several different watches I guess they're contemplating. There's a white faced chrono in there with a black strap that I'm particlarly fond of. I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see what is released.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

KevRC4130 wrote: I'm not at all a fan of the numbers on that watch, but otherwise it looks nice.
Kev, I remember reading that they tried to model the chrono after the dashboards in old british roadsters. I think think they captured the idea pretty well. Hence the roadster in the background. They may lack "hey, look at me" pizazz, but I think they work with the idea they were after.
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

El Tiempo wrote:
KevRC4130 wrote: I'm not at all a fan of the numbers on that watch, but otherwise it looks nice.
Kev, I remember reading that they tried to model the chrono after the dashboards in old british roadsters. I think think they captured the idea pretty well. Hence the roadster in the background. They may lack "hey, look at me" pizazz, but I think they work with the idea they were after.

Hmmm, well after hearing that, I like it more. It's still not particulary attractive, but it's nice to hear the thought process behind it.
schulten

Post by schulten »

hilarious, didnt even thought of getting another strap on the automatic :D that would make him a lot nicer heh.

And about the numbers, i like really like numbers (arabic, not roman), I think it's better than non, although, the most of my watches don't have numbers :?