Shocking repair time

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
watchaholic
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: NE North Dakota, USA

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by watchaholic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am

Hard to believe taking a few notes to keep the customer informed as to the repair done would slow things that much. Haven't had to make repairs to either of my two CWs yet, but if the day comes, I surely would like to know what went wrong. Being able to possibly avoid another repair in the future benefits everyone. Informed customer equals happy customer.
Time is fleeting, lunchtime...doubly so

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Got sent the wrong manual AGAIN!
WTF?
Do they arrive for work inebriated??

Phone call No. 287 beckons.
Sigh.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: South Wales

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by StrappedUp » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:17 pm

I know you've got the watch back on your wrist, but that is a shambles :shock:
Ryan

User avatar
nordwulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 am

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by nordwulf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 pm

The C65 Vintage 38mm I got in the January sale came with the manual for a C65 Automatic. The blue C60 ordered a few months later didn't come with a manual at all. It took them about 5 days to send out the manual and COA after I contacted them. Quality control and shipping still appears to be a challenge for them.
Christopher Ward Club on Horology.World - CW Aficionados Facebook group

User avatar
Bident
Senior
Senior
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Bident » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 pm
Got sent the wrong manual AGAIN!
WTF?
Do they arrive for work inebriated??

Phone call No. 287 beckons.
Sigh.
While not an exact substitute for a paper manual (particularly if you sell your watch), and you probabaly already know this but just in case: online manuals can be downloaded from the CW website under the Customer Service link in the upper right corner. Click on Owner's Handbooks once on the page.

These, however, have been prone to error as well. For a while they never posted the C65 GMT manual (it's there now, since the new colors were launched), and when the C65 Auto was launched, the link for the manual would yield the "There's been a complication" page. It is working now though.

I'm sorry and chagrined to hear of your troubles. I'm hoping you'll be in for a long run of good luck for a change!
Best regards,
John

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Bident wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm
Essex Paul wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 pm
Got sent the wrong manual AGAIN!
WTF?
Do they arrive for work inebriated??

Phone call No. 287 beckons.
Sigh.
While not an exact substitute for a paper manual (particularly if you sell your watch), and you probabaly already know this but just in case: online manuals can be downloaded from the CW website under the Customer Service link in the upper right corner. Click on Owner's Handbooks once on the page.

These, however, have been prone to error as well. For a while they never posted the C65 GMT manual (it's there now, since the new colors were launched), and when the C65 Auto was launched, the link for the manual would yield the "There's been a complication" page. It is working now though.

I'm sorry and chagrined to hear of your troubles. I'm hoping you'll be in for a long run of good luck for a change!

Thanks John.
I’ll get the correct one no doubt and would just like a full set as it is brand new. Also, It’ll have to COA signed at the back too.
It’s just another phone call that’s all. Saying that I’ve left 3 messages with no reply. Hey ho.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7707
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Thegreyman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:49 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:05 pm
Got sent the wrong manual AGAIN!
WTF?
Do they arrive for work inebriated??

Phone call No. 287 beckons.
Sigh.
Yikes, that's poor.

:booze:
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Now have correct manual and now case closed.
Hopefully.
New watch running +2.3 sec per day.
And according to the PR indicator charging automatically. :thumbup:

I can now think about getting number two and concentrate on that. That is unless my C1 fails again then I’m done. Period.

My next CW will be a C65, either the manual or auto after an on the wrist experience at CW Towers.
Be good to see the new C60 Mk3 but have no interest in buying one as I already own a very good diver.

Thank gawd that’s over I here you whisper under your breath :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

User avatar
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
Posts: 29579
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Kip » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Now have correct manual and now case closed.
Hopefully.
New watch running +2.3 sec per day.
And according to the PR indicator charging automatically. :thumbup:

I can now think about getting number two and concentrate on that. That is unless my C1 fails again then I’m done. Period.

My next CW will be a C65, either the manual or auto after an on the wrist experience at CW Towers.
Be good to see the new C60 Mk3 but have no interest in buying one as I already own a very good diver.

Thank gawd that’s over I here you whisper under your breath :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Image

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Well whispered Kip. 😂
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 33365
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 19
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by MiniMpi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Great to hear it's all sorted now Paul.
Enjoy that beautiful watch mate.
C9 AM GT LE #001/135, C60 Ombré #001/300, C7 Proto, C11 Elite, C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C7 COSC LE, C65 MK1 LE, C60 316L, C9-JH-MK3, C9-40-5DA, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C60 GMT, C60 SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2, C65 Trident Diver, Rolex 912 Tank.

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Shocking repair time

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 pm

MiniMpi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 pm
Great to hear it's all sorted now Paul.
Enjoy that beautiful watch mate.
Thanks Ferg. :thumbup:
Nice to be wearing it.
Changed strap from the blue Cordovan bader to my blue Barton one.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

Post Reply