Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW Showroom visit & The Twelve:

Post by tikkathree »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:58 am
tikkathree wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:55 am I'm sure that Declan wouldn't be applying any hard sell but I can't help wonder how they feel when a visit to the showroom doesn't culminate in an "I'll take this one moment"?
I’m sure there is probably an acceptable figure built into the thinking for the shortfall/discrepancy between visits and sales. Because of the way in which it is set up, it is probably more akin to visiting car showrooms for test drives than casual browsing in stores. Not every one will result in a sale.
Yes, I'm just thinking about trolling through furniture stores (I dare to mention Ikea), sitting or laying on things with zero intention to let the card see daylight.

I could probably overthink this entirely but there has to be a focal point of someone going miles out of their way to visit HQ : it must be such a quality experience I'm quietly in admiration.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

@iain As @tikkathree showed in his photo, the quick release is on the watch head now instead of the bracelet itself.
I enquired off of Declan as to 'the knack' to doing this.
He told me but I've forgotten sadly. I'll have to ask him again but he showed me and it seemed reasonably easy to do, just different to the usual CW bracelet.
These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post:
iain
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

@tikkathree I do feel bad when I visit and I don't buy a watch on the day, however I generally tend to buy something like a couple of straps, bracelet etc so they do get a sale of some description from my visit.
Also, generally I buy a watch I looked at in the showroom a few months later so 'The Sale' does come to CW, just a few months later. Very similar to what @Amor Vincit Omnia mentioned regarding visiting a car showroom, doing your research and then at a later date putting in your order ;)
tikkathree
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

@WileyECoyote Yes indeed Delmar, we have a lot in common for sure ;)
Congratulations to you and Betty, 22 years is fantastic !!
We are going out to dinner at a fantastic restaurant we both love on the 3th as we are both working on the 6th.
WileyECoyote
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

MiniMpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:40 pm @iain As @tikkathree showed in his photo, the quick release is on the watch head now instead of the bracelet itself.
I enquired off of Declan as to 'the knack' to doing this.
He told me but I've forgotten sadly. I'll have to ask him again but he showed me and it seemed reasonably easy to do, just different to the usual CW bracelet.
@MiniMpi I actually detached the bracelet (or the head if you like) by squeezing the QR tabs between finger and thumb so I'd say it could not have been easier - so Declan could have reversed the bracelet in a matter of seconds. With the watch face down in the cupped palm of my hands the shape of the underside of the lugs lend themselves to easypeasyness. (Do I think the bracelet would detach accidentally? No I really don't think so.)
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
MiniMpi
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
WileyECoyote
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by WileyECoyote »

MiniMpi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:49 pm @WileyECoyote Yes indeed Delmar, we have a lot in common for sure ;)
Congratulations to you and Betty, 22 years is fantastic !!
We are going out to dinner at a fantastic restaurant we both love on the 4th as we are both working on the 6th.
Sometimes we have to work on special days. The silver lining is the 4th will get here quicker!
These users thanked the author WileyECoyote for the post:
MiniMpi
C60-Trident Atoll LE/Trident Pro 600
C65-AM GT LE/Super Compressor
C63 GMT Sealander/2023 Forum LE
C1 Russell Black Dial/C1 Morgan 3 Wheeler Chronometer/C8 Pilot Revival LE