New Steinhart Genta-esque release

A place to discuss other watch-brands
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

New Steinhart Genta-esque release

Post by richtel »

Noticed today that Steinhart want a piece of the integrated-bracelet Gerald Genta style watch action. They've called it the 'Architect*', priced at 840euros/about £730 UKP. Available in black/blue/green and comes with a Sellita SW300-1**.

Blatant 'me too-isms' aside, I think they've done a good job- the horizontal lines add a little depth to the dial, a pleasing case shape and fitted with a reasonable movement and all at a very competitive price***. I'd have preferred a foldover clasp with the adjustablility that brings (per the North Flag) but it looks to have a couple of 2/3 links.

All the details at https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/prem ... black.html

* No, no idea why!
** Which would be the original 42hr PR version, not the SW300-2 which CW have gone with which are 56hr PR.
*** If you don't count the PRX! :)
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: New Steinhart Genta-esque release

Post by rkovars »

richtel wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm
** Which would be the original 42hr PR version, not the SW300-2 which CW have gone with which are 56hr PR.
Not necessarily. The SW300-1 spec sheet was revised in December 2020 and the typical PR was updated from 42 to 56 hour (50 minimum).
Tech notice #25 for the SW300-1, issued December 2020, notes that a new barrel assembly was introduced and that is why PR increased.

So the plate could still say SW300-1 and still have a 56 hour power reserve. Since they don't list it a quick customer service clarification might be in order if anyone is interested in the watch and power reserve matters to them.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
richtel
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Those numbers, markers, and minute hand are very much like those on my Ingenieur

IMG_0280.jpeg
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

I think it'll be a big hit for Stein Heads as they've clamored for a 'dressy' wrist wear offering for some time now..39mm case size??..drilled lugs?...
Pretty good...gif
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Looks like it could be a little slab-sided. A chamfer on the lower edge to match that on the upper might have lessened the effect a little.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

The case and bracelet look great, (I just enjoy integrated cases and bracelets) but for me the dial is a bit blocky, and I prefer the more refined looking CW or even the prx.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

richtel wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:14 pm Looks like it could be a little slab-sided. A chamfer on the lower edge to match that on the upper might have lessened the effect a little.
It's only 11.5mm tall(including the crystal, I believe)..I don't think it has a 'slab' sided appearance at all..here's the best side pic I've seen so far..
Architect Blue_19.jpg
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Chris GB
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Chris GB »

I'd say it looks about right for the money and a nice PRX alternative. Movement could be 42 or 56 hour, but not COSC. I'm definitely not getting buyers remorse spending near double on the 12Ti :lol: These two seem quite a long way apart in the detail department.
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I applaud the effort of the Steinhart. It’s interesting for the number of similar watches now finding their way to market. Ultimately I think it is not for me. Something about the proportions of the dial don’t strike me just right. The Tissot, for this kind of money, seems a better look to me.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-fourb: yes

Post by robert75 »

It actually looks a lot better in the side picture than the stock picture. The big problem I have with these integrated bracelet watches is I always remember buying an Accurist years ago that had one of them and could never get a decent fit on the bracelet. That being said of all of them this is probably one I would be most inclined to buy.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

richtel wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm They've called it the 'Architect*'

* No, no idea why!
me either. they must not know architects very well. most architects i know are wearing more "bauhaus" style watches. i get more compliments at work for my nomos club and junghans than anything else.
the "g" is for Greg...