“The Twelve” is live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: “The Twelve” is live

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

NotOnMyWatch wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:29 pm I posted an unboxing & first impression video on my YouTube if any of you are curious to see :)
Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)

Excellent video, thanks for sharing!
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
NotOnMyWatch
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
.pablo.

Post by .pablo. »

... inlove of the grey one.
instead i don't like tiffany, i don't understand this fashion
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Well I do have to say after reading all the bits of gumph, looking at the specs and admiring the photos, I'm a fan of the Twelve. Never really entertained the idea of an integrated sports watch before. For sure, found myself fantasising about RO's and Nautali, but the wallet was always a little light for such matters. I'm loving the whole Miami Vice feel that comes off any integrated steel sports watch. I wonder if I'm gonna be finding myself craving espadrilles and pastel coloured suits. Genuinely, I'm a fan. And if you don't like them I guess you can count yourself as one of 'Twelve angry men'.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 5):
missFNoushjkbarnesthomcat00tikkathree
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

.pablo. wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:06 pm ... inlove of the grey one.
instead i don't like tiffany, i don't understand this fashion
I like the gray, and would like it more in the ti, but not in love. I think it needs just a splash of color…Exactly where and how much, I’m just not sure.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

strapline wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:28 am Well I do have to say after reading all the bits of gumph, looking at the specs and admiring the photos, I'm a fan of the Twelve. Never really entertained the idea of an integrated sports watch before. For sure, found myself fantasising about RO's and Nautali, but the wallet was always a little light for such matters. I'm loving the whole Miami Vice feel that comes off any integrated steel sports watch. I wonder if I'm gonna be finding myself craving espadrilles and pastel coloured suits. Genuinely, I'm a fan. And if you don't like them I guess you can count yourself as one of 'Twelve angry men'.

Des
Miami Vice? I never did watch it but I love this track

It is of course Ten CC and it's a Twelve " extended mix: neat eh?.
Opera Snapshot_2023-05-11_214214_www.youtube.com.png
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Thu May 11, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed YouTube links; need to be www.youtube.com/watch?v=. . . . (not youtu.be/)
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
straplinethomcat00
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Finally, there is a video of the dark blue version of the Twelve:

Right at the end there is a short clip of the same watch out in the sun.

I think that of the stainless steel models, the dark blue is the most attractive to me.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post (total 2):
missFLeon O
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Ducs4rs
Junior
Junior

Post by Ducs4rs »

tikkathree wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:02 pm This is so stylish it's something of a culture shock to my system. Truth is I unpacked it and had a definite moment of "hmmm :oops: might this be going back."
Why? My normal wear is undoubtedly a bit chunkier. Today's been a Skyfall AT day so here is The Twelve nestling between it and my most recent acquisition the Snow Leopard.
20230506_185256.jpg

This is obviously the steel version and it is very light on the wrist - I was intrigued by the glacier blue dial. And I twist the watch to and fro on what is a fairly low light rainy late afternoon. It takes no effort at all to set the watch all of a shimmer. Like this:
20230506_185436.jpg20230506_185421.jpg20230506_185507.jpg20230506_185453.jpg20230506_185556.jpg

Those photos are untouched and taken immediately one after another with no adjustment other than a light crop.

The brushed links shimmer and shine in a most captivating way: the short length of the links and the brushing means that this shimmer isn't delicate in fact it rather shouts LOOK AT ME!
And I still wasn't sure. :?

Only one thing to do at this point: out with the screwdriver and get it sized.
Now to put it with my only other integrated bracelet watches. I didn't know there was a gap but I fancy The Twelve has just muscled in.
20230506_185330.jpg

A watch for every occasion? Maybe. I could take this watch around the world and probably not worry about 300m WR or helium escape valves, GMT hands and all that stuff. Not sure I'm quite ready to take it swimming in the sea just yet.

I've taken out 4 links; maybe tomorrow I'll put one back in and take out a half link. Oh and I'd like the sun to shine please.

And finally, God save the King.
How do you find the legibility with this color scheme?
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

872FDBCA-4C01-4B7E-A79D-1D832D186D46.jpeg
Blatant

Homage r us

I hate this adverts CW seem to be favouring lately
Too wordy as well
These users thanked the author Hicksmat for the post:
golfjunky
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

Hicksmat wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:53 pm 872FDBCA-4C01-4B7E-A79D-1D832D186D46.jpeg

Blatant

Homage r us

Too wordy as well
Ouch, that’s a bit cringey. More ammo for the haters on WUS who insist CW are just another homage brand. :thumbdown:
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Hicksmat wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:53 pm 872FDBCA-4C01-4B7E-A79D-1D832D186D46.jpeg

Blatant

Homage r us

Too wordy as well
I agree. It’s not the first time, if I’m not mistaken and I don’t quite get it.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
WileyECoyote
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by WileyECoyote »

Advertising did not initially draw me to Christopher Ward nor has it influenced my watch purchases. After comparisons with other brands, the value proposition relative to quality received did make all the difference. Today’s Christopher Ward no longer carries a line of quartz watches & the prices have moved upward with inflation. I think most long time enthusiasts of the brand would agree that the design quality has continued to improve with the new releases. The criticized advertising has made references to design influences. The primary theme of the advertising campaigns has been to say, “you will receive similar if not better quality of competing brands charging far more.” I won’t debate that their point could be made with fewer words but that tends to be typical of the advertising industry. At the end of the day, it is the quality of the product versus price that sells the watch to me. If I don’t like the looks of it, I wouldn’t buy it at any price! Not real concerned about the homage angle. No one that has ever commented on a watch that I am wearing has said anything like, “wow…that looks just like such & such!” All that matters to me is whether I like the looks of the watch & whether I can afford it. Sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be.

Delmar
C60-Trident Atoll LE/Trident Pro 600
C65-AM GT LE/Super Compressor
C63 GMT Sealander/2023 Forum LE
C1 Russell Black Dial/C1 Morgan 3 Wheeler Chronometer/C8 Pilot Revival LE
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

^^^^ I think that is what I was trying to say, tho you put it much more eloquent terms. What I was trying to convey with the I don’t get it quip, is just let the watches speak for themselves. Christopher Ward has plenty of their own design features they can be proud of. The light catcher case being one of many. I guess the thought may be that by giving a nod to Genta for inspiration, they are just stating the obvious, hoping to avoid someone else doing it for them. Inspiration, comes in all forms, whether it is music, cars, or watches. The Rolling Stones took inspiration from Chuck Berry. That does not mean their songs are not their own creations. The Twelve may have been inspired by something created 50 years ago, but it doesn’t mean CW shouldn’t take full credit for this adaptation.
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
WileyECoyote
Dwight
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

watchaholic wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:03 pm
Hicksmat wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:53 pm Blatant

Homage r us

I hate this advert…
I agree. It’s not the first time, if I’m not mistaken and I don’t quite get it.
That advert is awful — it puts me off buying The Twelve.

What on earth was CW’s marketing department thinking? :(
Emphasis
Senior
Senior

Post by Emphasis »

The Twelve is definitely a nice watch, but I don't like when Christopher Ward does kind of obnoxious and heavy-handed marketing.

If I really wanted the watch, it wouldn't stop me from buying it though. I just think they should ease off the marketing and wording as if a blockbuster movie is being released.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

The Marketing ad approach follows the same layout of the C60 300 which was headlined "something you can trusst" which was a play on words and a massive miss for me.

At least this element of their marketing is consistent, even though it is consistently annoying in my view. There must be some demographic who loves it?