Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: “The Twelve” is live

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:16 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:08 pm
If by "misaligned" you mean the left hand justified name then I believe that is not so as it looks like the name is centre justified (on the bracelet) as used on a few watches dials prior to the total change to the TF logo.
Indeed it is not so. He wrote “maligned”, a matter of opinion rather than juxtaposition. I misread it too, first time around.
Oops, thanks for pointing that out, my apologies to the OP.

An interesting observation though as to why the name was used rather than the new logo. Could have had 1 part of it on each side of where the bracelet joined.
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
Yoobaldy
Rehjer1980
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Rehjer1980 »

I like it. But I‘m gonna wait for s smaller version. And hoping for the sw300 in the smaller version
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

magicman wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:36 am
jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:45 am
watchaholic wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 pm Not sure, for me anyway, that I think of bling. I can’t look at it without thinking of indoor outdoor carpeting. :shock: At any rate, possibly a bit much for me as well. Very hard to tell without seeing in person. I really do like the thinness of the ti version tho. I have really come to enjoy the lightness of that metal. Maybe in black?
Haha! I can’t unsee that now!

From the various videos and pics, I’d say I really like the watch. But I can also say, it’s not for me - just not my style. If I was interested in purchasing, however, I think I’d really need to see it in person. I imagine one needs to see the dial in the flesh to fully appreciate and evaluate it.
I was shocked I fell for it quite so hard. I have never looked at this style of watch and thought it a must have, I think the macro photos teased me sufficiently, then the overall look had me hook, line and sinker.
I think I describe mine as "Crisp" looking, which I cant say for any of my other watches.

BTW I've googled the indoor/outdoor carpet, and I'm still not sure what that is, could you show a photo, please?

Regards Steve
Indoor outdoor carpeting was a “thing” many decades ago. The term can best be described as carpet with a very short loop, and usually a bit of texture, used in entryways and such. At any rate, the thinness and detail of the ti case is absolutely top shelf. The redone hour hand is very much appreciated. It’s sporty and dressy and hitting way above its price point in my eyes. The blue fume dial is very pretty, as is the nebula purple which, for me sadly, is not what I want on my wrist. We will see if the options expand.
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
magicman
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

watchaholic wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:43 pm At any rate, the thinness and detail of the ti case is absolutely top shelf.
The blue fume dial is very pretty.
We will see if the options expand.
I'm absolutely certain the options will expand. MF has said The Twelve is a new 'platform', so in the same way a C60 Trident and C63 Sealander are platforms, there will be further iterations.

Personally, the more I get used to it, the more I'm very much taken by the blue Ti on rubber. It's won me over. The fume 'drift' to the strap colour is the cat's whiskers to my eyes.
That said, I can't help but think there's a future iteration, dunno, that might make me wish that's the one I'd got. So I'm sitting comfy on the fence. For now. There's no hurry.

Musing on this notion: can you imagine a green fume in a bronze case with rubber strap? Don't know I'd choose that over the existing blue Ti, BUT for sure it would be like nothing else in the market. The platform has enormous potential.
These users thanked the author Noush for the post (total 2):
watchaholicJasperCat
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Chris GB
Senior
Senior

Post by Chris GB »

Well, you lot have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot at talking me out of buying the Ti in Nebula Purple. The deed is done, just need to wait patiently until June now.
These users thanked the author Chris GB for the post (total 9):
Amor Vincit Omniaajax87missFwelshladOllyWBahnstormer_vRSDavid. SMiniMpithomcat00
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Noush wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:33 am Musing on this notion: can you imagine a green fume in a bronze case with rubber strap?
Can I come out now, mummy? Has the bad monster gone?
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
asqwerth
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

Chris GB wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:11 pm Well, you lot have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot at talking me out of buying the Ti in Nebula Purple. The deed is done, just need to wait patiently until June now.
Don’t blame me, I’d be a hypocrite if I tried to talk you out of doing the exact same thing that I did. :lol:
These users thanked the author OllyW for the post:
Chris GB
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

I've already 95% decided on a Titanium 12 which I'm hoping to buy in the next few weeks, crazy how the expected arrival changes... it was first early August (sigh) then it went to Early June (yippee!) now it's early November (NOOOO!) ahhh bummer!
These users thanked the author Marlowe for the post:
JasperCat
Chris GB
Senior
Senior

Post by Chris GB »

Marlowe wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 pm I've already 95% decided on a Titanium 12 which I'm hoping to buy in the next few weeks, crazy how the expected arrival changes... it was first early August (sigh) then it went to Early June (yippee!) now it's early November (NOOOO!) ahhh bummer!
Something I've discovered about Christopher Ward, if you snooze, you lose!
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Marlowe wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 pm I've already 95% decided on a Titanium 12 which I'm hoping to buy in the next few weeks, crazy how the expected arrival changes... it was first early August (sigh) then it went to Early June (yippee!) now it's early November (NOOOO!) ahhh bummer!
It's just become a Christmas present now. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
rc51owner
Yoobaldy
Junior
Junior

Post by Yoobaldy »

Looking at the shifting delivery dates makes me wonder when the 36mm will actually be delivered. 2024 and onwards!

On that note about the 36mm versions, my take on it, if CW is following the nomenclature "The Twelve", then that means a further 6 watches in 36mm will follow the 6 in 40mm to perfectly add up to 12 variations.

And

If following the 2 Ti versions for each size, I wonder what colours they could be?
My wife thinks I have a watch problem. I'm a glass half-full guy, I think of it as a healthy interest in horology ;)

C60 Trident Pro 300
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

mmm I wonder how long I could wait until I order... so id definitely secure a watch by November, I wonder how big the batches are? I'd love to see some other Titanium colours... like
a bright lizard green... damn so hard waiting!! anybody got any guesstimations??
Rehjer1980
Junior
Junior

Post by Rehjer1980 »

The november delivery now clearly helped my decision to wait 🤣
Chris GB
Senior
Senior

Post by Chris GB »

Rehjer1980 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:13 am The november delivery now clearly helped my decision to wait 🤣
Yeah, about that, I waited on ordering the Bel Canto and the delivery date went to February 2024 :lol:
DirkWatch
Junior
Junior

Post by DirkWatch »

I've asked CW a couple of times in the past about integrated bracelet option as i was really curious what they'd bring. I've seen it, i love it. But heed and hawd between Arctic Blue and Grey dial... Asked my wife and daughter, they both said baby blue sparkles more so.... guess i'll own a baby blue/Arctic Blue watch come early June..

Kudo's to Mike and the team for their take on the sports watch GG trope. LOVE IT!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Proud owner of a C63 GMT White, C60 Atoll '22 LE, C65 Dune Bronze/Green, C12 Glacier Blue