Timing of next new release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ScottinVA
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Timing of next new release

Post by ScottinVA »

I think I saw a video of CW CEO Mike F where he talked about a ‘new platform’ releasing in 2023. Anyone have ideas on when the next release might be scheduled? When is the next Loope issue coming out? I think May???
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Timing of next new release

Post by Misterchrono »

Not sure if the new platform is related to new releases... :-k

Though, I'm craving to see the release of what has been teased in the last loupe's drawing board : an integrated bracelet with octogonal case
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Misterchrono wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 am Not sure if the new platform is related to new releases... :-k
I wish I knew. When I was growing up a platform was: a place where you waited for the train; the stage in a concert hall; a sort of dais at a public meeting, where sat the Great and Good; and figuratively, related no doubt to the last of these, the opportunity to address an audience.

It appears to have acquired whole new strands of meaning in the world of bizspeak and netspeak, and I’m never quite sure exactly what it means now.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
Misterchronoalbionphoto
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

A new platform?
90A60AA8-788F-48A8-98BF-06ED1FDA7E7D.jpeg
Can’t beat a piece of seventies nostalgia. :)

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
jkbarnes
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:45 am
Misterchrono wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 am Not sure if the new platform is related to new releases... :-k
I wish I knew. When I was growing up a platform was: a place where you waited for the train; the stage in a concert hall; a sort of dais at a public meeting, where sat the Great and Good; and figuratively, related no doubt to the last of these, the opportunity to address an audience.

It appears to have acquired whole new strands of meaning in the world of bizspeak and netspeak, and I’m never quite sure exactly what it means now.
I'm not sure you really want me to explain the corporate-speak answer to this, Steve. :D :D
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I take “new platform” to mean a new category of watch added to the portfolio. We’ve currently got the modern divers, the retro inspired line, a GODO sport line, the military line, and then a few odds and ends.

What I’m curious to see is if new beans completely new or the return of a style of watch previously offered, like a Motorsport line. And platform implies multiple watch designs. Perhaps the new platform is related to the upcoming SH21 update.

We’ll see
Drew
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

A lot of octagonal cases have been sports watches (think RO, PRX, Octofissimo etc.) Or just Genta inspired designs in general.

I kind of want a dress watch platform that's not on the edge of haute complications (perpetual moonphase, bel canto) but that's just me and I've got a watch that fills my requirement for that when I'm able.

If I remember correctly regarding the octagonal case that was teased in the loupe. I either saw/ read/ heard that it was to be a more dress style version of the C11 Makaira? Though I could be wrong/imagining things.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:36 pm I'm not sure you really want me to explain the corporate-speak answer to this, Steve. :D :D
You are absolutely right, Mark. It would probably go completely over my head.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:49 pm
albionphoto wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:36 pm I'm not sure you really want me to explain the corporate-speak answer to this, Steve. :D :D
You are absolutely right, Mark. It would probably go completely over my head.
Well there's a simple answer and a long answer.
By example:
Product category = Dive watch - then you can be clever and segment such as Professional dive watch and Slim Dive watch
Platform = C60 Trident 300 (Slim Dive Watch)
Product = White dial, black bezel

There are almost as many ways to skin this particular feline as there are marketing people (MBAs and other wastrels) paid to make them up. I won't bother with the long answer. For CW the next platform would be what they are planning to launch in May, the products would be the individual models with that theme. If you live your life as I do being a scientist responsible for new products this is just one of the things you have to live with. You won't believe how long people discuss about this. However long you think they talk about this, the reality is even longer and more tedious. The things I do to earn a pay cheque to buy watches.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:45 am

It probably means whatever the last "influencer" memed it to mean. And probably, the spelling of platform is no longer quite so rigid. Ugh! :lol:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
Amor Vincit Omniaalbionphoto
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20FLE
Some other brands
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:07 pm The things I do to earn a pay cheque to buy watches.
Guilty as charged. I take moderate comfort that I am not alone.
These users thanked the author Noush for the post:
albionphoto
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.