Crown action / servicing

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Re: Crown action / servicing

Post by 5oclockhero »

:clap:
JAFO wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:15 am It doesn't help anyone with a screw down crown, but it's a shame everyone is so paranoid about "needing" a generally superfluous screw down crown. (In my opinion)
I'm with you on this one. I own/owned several watches from quality brands that are rated over 100m WR with push in crowns. That's about 99m more than I'll ever need. I think that current engineering and quality tolerances made screw in crowns redundant long ago, and anyone that does work in an environment likely to benefit from a screw in crown wont be relying upon a mechanical watch! I've nothing against them but I think they are 100% marketing nowadays and I'm certainly not deterred buying a watch that doesnt have one. I suspect I'm in a small minority here!
These users thanked the author 5oclockhero for the post:
JAFO
Southfrance
Junior
Junior

Re: Crown action / servicing

Post by Southfrance »

Bit late to the party , but I have just sent my CW back for diagnosis/ repair. My issues are, loose bezel which i can move about with gentle pressure between thumb and finger and which also rotates about 2mm in the wrong direction. And, relating to this thread, a clicking noise when winding in the crown. It happens on the last 2 turns , there is a crunchy/ clicky thing goin on. CW have confirmed there is a problem with the mechanism and are going to repair it. Still waiting for an answer on the bezel. So, if yours is sounding odd, send it back, its a free service under guarantee.