Sale Live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jcnassoc
Junior
Junior

Re: Sale Live

Post by jcnassoc »

Ugh... now that we know sale is about to end my hopes for a C63 stainless steel bracelet on sale is all but gone :(
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

stavic wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:04 pm
Got confirmation that my Moonglow has been shipped.
No dispatch notice for my 2 yet! :(
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

jcnassoc wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:30 pm Ugh... now that we know sale is about to end my hopes for a C63 stainless steel bracelet on sale is all but gone :(
There were a bunch of C63 at the beginning of the sale wasn’t it ? Just hope that someone returns them and you can pick them up later on I guess
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:31 pm
stavic wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:04 pm Got confirmation that my Moonglow has been shipped.
No dispatch notice for my 2 yet! :thumbdown:
You got 2 C1 moonglow ? Are you planning to wholesale them :lol:
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

stavic wrote:
jcnassoc wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:30 pm Ugh... now that we know sale is about to end my hopes for a C63 stainless steel bracelet on sale is all but gone :(
There were a bunch of C63 at the beginning of the sale wasn’t it ? Just hope that someone returns them and you can pick them up later on I guess
There was a white one yesterday too.
stavic
Junior
Junior

Post by stavic »

ctafield wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:33 pm
stavic wrote:
There was a white one yesterday too.
They currently have the titanium bracelet on sale as well. If it was me I will definitely going for it.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Is the sale closing tomorrow unexpectedly early? There's only a few items left now, so no more to be added, I presume.
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

Post by Tonywalker »

Screenshot_20230112-212128_Outlook.jpg
My email says midnight tomorrow night, not midnight tonight as I think an earlier poster suggested.
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
Viognier
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

watchaholic wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:32 pm Sale ending means I’ve got to make a decision on the Bumblebeast :? Do I need it, of course I do. NOT! I have a panda three dial Chrono. But that’s a lot of watch for the money right there. And of course my recent two dial Zenith Chrono. But that is a lot of watch for the money right there. I’m terrible at selling. But that’s a lot of watch for the money right there. I have come to the realization that smaller thinner watches really are more comfortable. But that’s a lot of watch for the money right there…. Any body else have a repeating loop in their head like this? #-o
If it helps... Your thoughts mirror exactly what is going through my head. I have always liked the look of that watch but I know that it will be thicker than I'd like so it won't get worn that much. (Plus I already have a few three dial chronos - all thinner) But it's a cracking looking watch at a great price. But I have blown my budget (wedding this year). But it's a great watch at a fantastic price. Ugh. #-o
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post:
watchaholic
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

Post by Tonywalker »

Love the look of this watch, but I much prefer a 12 hour, tri-compax format chrono, serving far more functionality when I go for a walk in the hills.

If it had a 12 hour chrono, I would def have ordered as I love the colour scheme.

Thank goodness I habe my trusty 12 hour C40😁
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Dispatch notice received, they look to be arriving on Monday.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

My thoughts personally are, if the outer bezel has the tachy scale then the three dial is preferable. If the watch has a rotating bezel, I’m fine with using that for timing the hours. I think I actually prefer the look of the bi-compax, but that really depends on the totality the package. What I could really use is a good alarm watch, much more than another Chrono. There, decision made. I’ll keep looking for something along those lines.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:32 pm
Dispatch notice received, they look to be arriving on Monday.
You might find they come tomorrow. Mine said Monday but turned up on the Saturday. Fingers crossed for you!
Moro
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Moro »

At the end, succeeded in buying a Cranwell mk1. :D

I could sell my old Dartmouth/Cranwell bracelet now and use my straps on the Cranwell too. :)
These users thanked the author Moro for the post:
MiniMpi
C65 Sandhurst series 1

„Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.“
Zang11

Post by Zang11 »

Sale coming to an end. Didn't end up with anything this time, but there is always the summer to look forward to ;-)