Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Not getting 56 hours with C63 GMT

Post by Bident »

JAFO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 am Well, my 42hr watch gave me 44.5hours

@Bident I am inclined to think your movement is an outlier on the low side, given the datasheet reference of 50hours mentioned by a bit earlier by @rkovars
@JAFO , previously in this thread I mentioned that my C63 GMT was not only getting less than 50 hours, but the PR kept diminishing over time. That was what spurred me to send my watch back to CW service as the lower power reserve didn't really bother me...but having the power reserve continue to decrease seemed like a potentially bigger problem. CW installed a new movement and since receiving it I have been getting 55 to 57 hours consistently.

But I will point out again that most people who tested their SW330-2 watches on this thread failed to even get 50 hours. :?
Best regards,
John
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bident wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:48 am
JAFO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 am Well, my 42hr watch gave me 44.5hours

@Bident I am inclined to think your movement is an outlier on the low side, given the datasheet reference of 50hours mentioned by a bit earlier by @rkovars
@JAFO , previously in this thread I mentioned that my C63 GMT was not only getting less than 50 hours, but the PR kept diminishing over time. That was what spurred me to send my watch back to CW service as the lower power reserve didn't really bother me...but having the power reserve continue to decrease seemed like a potentially bigger problem. CW installed a new movement and since receiving it I have been getting 55 to 57 hours consistently.

But I will point out again that most people who tested their SW330-2 watches on this thread failed to even get 50 hours. :?
Thanks for the note. Early on in the thread I thought you were going to persevere with it. I now see you did return it, and CW replaced the movement, so maybe there was an issue with your movement, or some watches were made with the older movements, which may make more sense. Good to see you got a successful resolution anyway. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Bident
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

As I don't test the PR on my watches anymore either, I have followed this topic with interest. I decided to test my own C65 Aquitaine GMT and see what I would get. Mine ended up being 55 hours and about 6 minutes. Can't complain other than not wearing it for a few days.

Then I noticed this and got curious.....
...so I went back through the thread. I only found 3 people who mentioned getting less than 50 hours while 5 did receive over 50, but less than 56. I just we should be careful with generalizations.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSBidentMiniMpi
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Kip wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:41 am As I don't test the PR on my watches anymore either, I have followed this topic with interest. I decided to test my own C65 Aquitaine GMT and see what I would get. Mine ended up being 55 hours and about 6 minutes. Can't complain other than not wearing it for a few days.

Then I noticed this and got curious.....
...so I went back through the thread. I only found 3 people who mentioned getting less than 50 hours while 5 did receive over 50, but less than 56. I just we should be careful with generalizations.
Sorry Kip, my memory failed me. When I first started this thread Rich (rkovars) hadn't pointed out yet that Sellita's own specification said minimum 50 hrs and up to 56 hrs. As I reread the earlier threads from this past summer, what I had stated then, and meant to say above, is that most people didn't achieve the stated PR of 56 hours (stated on CW's website and many other brands that now use the SW330-2). Seems like the newer models with the movement now do achieve 56 hours, which honestly seems to support the possibility that earlier watches (notably the C63 GMT) with the SW330-2 seem to have the wrong barrel spring. But as I also said earlier, pure conjecture on my part.
These users thanked the author Bident for the post:
MiniMpi
Best regards,
John
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

With regard to possible magnetisation, I used my Bergeon spring bar tool yesterday, and realised that the large end (only) had become magnetised and was picking up spring bars. Sorry the picture is blurred, but I can't get my phone camera to focus on the spring bar. I also mentioned this in a Tribus thread.
IMG_20230310_151945501~2.jpg