Wimbledon 2022 Thread

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Wimbledon 2022 Thread

Post by Mikkei4 »

ROF68 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:02 pm Not sure if I should respond to this thread, or start a new one titled "Wimbledon 2023" -- admins, please feel free to adjust as necessary.

Anyway, there's a chance my wife and I will be heading across the pond during Wimbledon this coming summer -- Wimbledon won't be the only reason, but it is a bucket list item for us as we're big tennis fans. If we do make the trip, any counsel or advice about things to do while we take in some of the tournament? Other than watch tennis, I mean. . . ; ) We'll also make a stop to CW HQ at Maidenhead -- at least I plan to. Other ideas or recommendations in the London/Oxford areas also welcomed, and we may also try to get up to Edinburgh. Thanks for the suggestions!
Henley-on-Thames is not far from CW in Maidenhead and The Regatta starts on 27 June and finishes on 2 July (Wimbledon starts 3 July).
The Regatta is a great way to see Brits at their extremes of poshness and lunacy plus the racing is excellent.Tickets go on sale in April I think. I'll try to find some photos from my visits and post on here.

If you like Horse Racing I think there might be some at Windsor in June and July.
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
ROF68
ROF68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Re: Wimbledon 2022 Thread

Post by ROF68 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:00 pm

Henley-on-Thames is not far from CW in Maidenhead and The Regatta starts on 27 June and finishes on 2 July (Wimbledon starts 3 July).
The Regatta is a great way to see Brits at their extremes of poshness and lunacy plus the racing is excellent.Tickets go on sale in April I think. I'll try to find some photos from my visits and post on here.

If you like Horse Racing I think there might be some at Windsor in June and July.
Great! Thank you!
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

Trident Pro 300 | C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (x2) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene