The Golf Topic

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: The Golf Topic

Post by village »

Tbh it’s all irrelevant as the US team is so strong compared to the Europeans that there is no way they won’t win.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Looks like I was way off on my predictions. The US didn’t need that long!

Excellent display by the US who played so much better that the Europeans.

Such a shame that there were far too many drunken idiots in the American spectators being abusive and overstepping the mark. Apparently,according to the USPGA,not one fan was ejected for abusive behaviour towards the European players. I also don’t think some of the behaviour of certain US players was appropriate. For instance Justin Thomas chugging beers and throwing cans into the crowd to encourage the drunks…….remember Justin Thomas getting a fan ejected from the Honda Classic for heckling him about hitting his ball in the water? Not ironic then.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

7 rounds of golf to be played this month at 4 different courses.

The first round (this morning) was a perfect example of the vagaries of golf with a 5 shot difference between front and back nines, down to a few bogeys and a couple of double bogeys balanced out almost by some pars and a delicate flop-shot out of the rough running into the hole for a birdie 2 on a difficult 200yard par3.

Crazy game or maybe it was just the effect of the rain on the back nine :?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

This past week my group decided to forego our usual rounds and play a 2 man scramble/match play for lunch/dinner.

So far I have been on the winning team! On Tuesday we played a real tough course and won 3 and 2 with a round of even par 72. On Thursday a slightly shorter course but with much better putting. We won again at 4 and 1 with a 2 under 70.

It was nice to just go out for absolute fun and not worry about those bad shots.......except when we both made them.

Of course our opponents are now out for some revenge!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Got 42 stableford points today, 22 putts on the front 9 so should have scored more.
Unfortunately our buggy ran out of battery on hole 17 so had to carry my rather heavy bag to the 17th green and onto hole 18.
But a good afternoon at the course, all said and done.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

I played Royal North Devon GC on Sunday afternoon, was a last minute booking as the rain had stopped and looked the best day to get out.

I only play for fun so although I record my score it's not worth anything. Second time I've played there and it is amazing, the wind was incredible this time! A good test for all levels.
IMG_20211003_174145.jpg
IMG_20211003_164511.jpg
IMG_20211003_163150.jpg
IMG_20211003_160918.jpg
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:10 pm 7 rounds of golf to be played this month at 4 different courses.

The first round (this morning) was a perfect example of the vagaries of golf with a 5 shot difference between front and back nines, down to a few bogeys and a couple of double bogeys balanced out almost by some pars and a delicate flop-shot out of the rough running into the hole for a birdie 2 on a difficult 200yard par3.

Crazy game or maybe it was just the effect of the rain on the back nine :?
2nd round of the month was played on Friday at a course very close to me (3 mins drive :thumbup: ) but it's not my home course.
A decent steady round scoring 37 points including a birdie on each nine (4 points on each birdie) but also a horrible blob on 1 hole when the drive smashed into the muddy wall of a ditch missing the fairway by about 6 inches.
Next round is on Saturday at my home course.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Haven't played for 10 days, but weather look perfect for tomorrow. Hoping the little break will make me forget a few bad habits. [-o<
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

I had a funny round the other day…hadn’t played for a week and the weather was fine.
Started bogey,par,bogey,par and although I wasn’t putting that brilliantly I felt like I was striking the ball pretty well. Finished the round feeling like I played reasonably ok (putting aside) yet only scored 26 points. Weird old day.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Danbailey007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:45 pm I played Royal North Devon GC on Sunday afternoon, was a last minute booking as the rain had stopped and looked the best day to get out.

I only play for fun so although I record my score it's not worth anything. Second time I've played there and it is amazing, the wind was incredible this time! A good test for all levels.

IMG_20211003_174145.jpg
IMG_20211003_164511.jpg
IMG_20211003_163150.jpg
IMG_20211003_160918.jpg
I have to admit that links golf has never been my favourite style of course and by it's nature probably more difficult to capture any beauty in a 2 dimensional format. Still, personally I wouldn't be attracted to play there but I do accept that it's maybe the most "natural" style historically and that many other golfers love the forever changing challenge of links golf.

As with most courses around the UK at present those greens look like they've had some maintenance recently but the photo with the yellow flag looks like it has 2 swing divots taken out of it?
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:36 am
Danbailey007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:45 pm I played Royal North Devon GC on Sunday afternoon, was a last minute booking as the rain had stopped and looked the best day to get out.

IMG_20211003_174145.jpg
IMG_20211003_164511.jpg
IMG_20211003_163150.jpg
IMG_20211003_160918.jpg
I have to admit that links golf has never been my favourite style of course and by it's nature probably more difficult to capture any beauty in a 2 dimensional format. Still, personally I wouldn't be attracted to play there but I do accept that it's maybe the most "natural" style historically and that many other golfers love the forever changing challenge of links golf.

As with most courses around the UK at present those greens look like they've had some maintenance recently but the photo with the yellow flag looks like it has 2 swing divots taken out of it?
I think they are hoof marks as the course is located in a country park so lots of sheep and horses around as well as dog walkers. It is certainly a challenge, I don't really have a favourite style of course as just like to play wherever I can when on holiday.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Danbailey007 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm

I think they are hoof marks as the course is located in a country park so lots of sheep and horses around as well as dog walkers.
Is there a golf rule for hoof marks on the green? :problem:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Back at it today. Played for the first time in 10 days. Weather perfect. Driver near perfect. short game superb. Putting great. Long and mid irons are going to get a toilet cleaning! Apparently my short break didn't help. :(

Shot an 86 which is not bad for being in constant trouble with the iron game. :problem:

Despite the difficulties it was an excellent day with friends. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Just back from two days away. Two teams of 4 with fourballs the first day and pairs the second day on a course I’ve not played before. Monday was flippin’ wet and today was dry,although very windy.
I was very happy with my game. I won both my matches,bagged three nearest the pins and also won the greens in regulation prize.

Far too much alcohol overnight and I’m bloody knackered now!
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

My run of playing a few times in the summer came to an end a while back. I have a work away weekend with a round of golf organised on Friday so decided to head to the driving range to get a bit of practise in.

Absolutely terrible. Neither my driver (often temperamental) or my 5 wood (usually the definition of consistency) would have stayed in play at any stage. Could be a long day on Friday.