Short Straps for

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
geonex88

Short Straps for

Post by geonex88 »

Hi All, Does CW offer a short-strap option on their watches?

I just received my C5 Aviator and unfortunately the strap is rather large for my relatively thin wrists and in order for it to fit, i'd have to punch the padded part of the strap. Also the strap is a bit too thick for the clasp to fit properly if you move it up too high and there is a secondary problem being that the clasp does not sit in the middle underside of my wrist, making the watch uncomfortable to wear unless both sides of the strap are shortened.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Cheers, Geo

The current collection: Rolex, Breitling, Tag, Tissot, Sector, Diesel, Fossil, Timex, and now CW.
In the future: Omega, Rolex, CW, IWC, ALang & Sohn, Glasshute, Panerai.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Short Straps for

Post by Kip »

Jag is correct. CWL does not stock short straps currently. For now you must go aftermarket.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
paul55
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by paul55 »

Personally, I find CW straps to be unusually long, at least on my C5 Malvern and Aviator watches. They are the only watches I've bought that I had to immediately replace the straps on because they were too long. And I've never had a problem with third party straps being too long.

So, IMHO, they just need a "normal" strap option. ;-)
geonex88

Post by geonex88 »

So, I loved the c5, but the straps just didn't do it for me so i'll be looking at other CW's to replace the C5 Aviator. i think i'll go with a metal bracelet this time.
Cheers, Geo

The current collection: Rolex, Breitling, Tag, Tissot, Sector, Diesel, Fossil, Timex, and now CW.
In the future: Omega, Rolex, CW, IWC, ALang & Sohn, Glasshute, Panerai.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

These straps are quite nice and because they are 18/18 and don't taper they look a bit chunkier as well.

I changed the buckle to a deployment.

Can get them from eBay sellers bandmaniac007 or mythaicraft. 3mm thick and 120/75 mm. Very nice they are too. Especially for the price they charge.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin