Replacement strap

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Velocette

Replacement strap

Post by Velocette »

I have a C60 GMT and after only 58 weeks the black leather strap gave way. The strap was attached using quick release spring pins, and it was at the point where the lever for the pin protruded through the strap that it tore. I suspect the leather was weakened and with wear gave way prematurely.

I checked on this forum and saw that another member had bought a nylon with leather inner strap from Watchgecko. I ordered a black with black stitching strap that arrived promptly. It was very well packed and included three spring pins and a cleaning cloth, a nice touch. The buckle and strap were soon attached and I am now pleased to once again be wearing the watch. I have, amongst others, a Speedmaster with a bracelet but find that increasingly annoying to wear and hence only use it on more formal occasions.

For £12 I consider the strap something of a bargain. I initially bought it as a means of wearing the watch while looking for something more suitable, but this seems well made and very presentable. it will be interesting to see how it wears. I am very happy with the quality of the product and service provided by Watchgecko, with whom I have no connection other than as a one time customer. I have attached a few images to illustrate my post.

Best wishes, Velocette
Attachments
IMG_3524_Snapseed.jpg
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3522.JPG
IMG_3523.JPG
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Replacement strap

Post by TigerChris »

Looks like a good result that. You can't beat Watchgecko for value. What I want to know is how you managed to go onto their website and only order 1 strap? I've never been able to do that :lol:
Gower8484
Senior
Senior

Re: Replacement strap

Post by Gower8484 »

2nd that.
Watchgecko offer lovely straps. I've had 2 leather and a free nato from them.