Recommendations for Leather Quick Release Straps

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Recommendations for Leather Quick Release Straps

Post by Leon O »

Can you recommend any quality leather QR straps. I've come across Barton, Richie Watchco and Gecko, but I'm not sure how they compare to CW OEM straps. I'm looking for the right combination of quality and price. Thanks

Leon
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Recommendations for Leather Quick Release Straps

Post by Viognier »

Barton is pretty decent....you get what you pay for
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Leon O wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:49 am Can you recommend any quality leather QR straps. I've come across Barton, Richie Watchco and Gecko, but I'm not sure how they compare to CW OEM straps. I'm looking for the right combination of quality and price. Thanks

Leon
Barton are good at the price, but not in the same league as CW straps. Meyhofer do a bunch which are nice (still not quite to CW level) while Hirsch have started to offer quick release springbars on some straps, top quality company who supply many OEMs.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Our own Footycrazy Straps now makes select versions available with quick release bars! Footycrazy (Graham) will also do full custom work as he's done on two of my straps from him. Worth the PM to him with your ideas!

Here is AVO's mini review:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=53993
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Viognier wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm Our own Footycrazy Straps now makes select versions available with quick release bars! Footycrazy (Graham) will also do full custom work as he's done on two of my straps from him. Worth the PM to him with your ideas!

Here is AVO's mini review:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=53993
I didn't catch the QR springbars when I read Steve's review the first time. Thanks
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Just bought a Hirsch Robby, not leather I know, but it arrived with quick release spring bars fitted. Not sure if it’s just this strap or whether Hirsch have rolled out quick release spring bars across their whole range.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
BarnabyNutt
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by BarnabyNutt »

I didn't like Barton's leather strap at all. Their silicon rubber and NATOs are great, but the leather was a let down.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I'm a bit late to this, having only registered a few days ago. I think the CW Cordovan leather straps are in a class of their own. They are over £100 so not cheap, but on the bader clasps they will last for years. I also got a Rios cordovan for about 50. Good, but it didn't care me on a deployment straps, and I prefer the CW anyway. Great value if you see them in a sale.
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

Your other option is to buy the strap you want and then send them to the strap tailor. I’ve done that a number of times and he has the bergeon tool that cuts perfect quick release holes, he charges £10 a strap and that includes the qr pins. I’ve even done it on my oem omega alligator straps.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bergeon tool 30227. Wow. $439 on Esslinger. Bergeon do not do budget, do they?
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Maraeburn wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:01 pm Your other option is to buy the strap you want and then send them to the strap tailor. I’ve done that a number of times and he has the bergeon tool that cuts perfect quick release holes, he charges £10 a strap and that includes the qr pins. I’ve even done it on my oem omega alligator straps.
Is there a link for the strap tailor? Or is this a forum member? I’d gladly pay £10/strap to have a number converted over!
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Maraeburn wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:01 pm Your other option is to buy the strap you want and then send them to the strap tailor. I’ve done that a number of times and he has the bergeon tool that cuts perfect quick release holes, he charges £10 a strap and that includes the qr pins. I’ve even done it on my oem omega alligator straps.
Is there a link for the strap tailor? Or is this a forum member? I’d gladly pay £10/strap to have a number converted over!
I would too if the service was available in the US.
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

Attached website, David makes the straps himself and is a great guy, and I have a couple of his straps which are great quality. I sent him about £500 worth of straps and he sorted them out no problem. Just mention my name!

https://thestraptailor.com/

He’s based in UK but may well do this service for the US