C20 Lido Bracelet

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
peterx

C20 Lido Bracelet

Post by peterx »

I bought myself a C20 Lido for Christmas and I must say that the finish is everything I hoped for. I thought that I might like an occasional change so ordered a bracelet on the watch and a spare leather strap. I have shortened the bracelet successfully but I am not sure about removing the main pins on the watch body in order to put on the strap. Are they just friction fit, and can they be removed from either end? This isn't something I would do frequently but would appreciate some advice for the future. I am happy to purchase any necessary tool but I am reluctant to put this beautiful piece in an unknown jewellers hands.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: C20 Lido Bracelet

Post by ianblyth »

The leather strap is quite easy as they have screws. The braclet is a pin with a metal band in the middle to hold it in. The pin is quite long as well so you need to get a push pin that is long enough to push it out (ensure you don't lose the central band). With my current tools it is quite difficult. I think a hammer and a push pin to use with the hammer and a watch holder to hold it still would seem to be the best for this bracelet.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Welcome peterx,

The picture below is sourced from Amazon (which is a good place to start your search). The hammer and holder will be perfectly adequate, but the push pins might (a) not be of the best quality and (b) be all one size, so you may want to upgrade them later if you make a habit of resizing bracelets. That said, I used the push pin from my original "beginner's cheapie" kit on the C20 bracelet.

This kind of kit costs around £5/$7
Watch Band Link Remover Tool Kit (Hammer, Watch Holder, And 3 Pins).jpg
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
peterx

Post by peterx »

Many thanks for the replies, now I know the mechanics of it I can work something out.