Bracelet for C60 Trident 300 black

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
ricpicpr

Bracelet for C60 Trident 300 black

Post by ricpicpr »

Hello everyone
I just got my 40mm C60 Trident 300 black with vintage camel leather strap. I'd like to know if there is any aftermarket alternative for a steel bracelet (I know the original is perfect but I am looking for something cheaper and adaptable to other watches as well). Thank you very much for any answers
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Bracelet for C60 Trident 300 black

Post by JAFO »

The thing about bracelets is the fitted end link. The design of that depends on the case shape and diameter, and also the location of the drilled holes in the lugs relative to the case

That's why a fitted bracelet rarely fits other watches.

If you don't mind seeing a small gap, as you generally see with leather straps, then there are a lot of inexpensive bracelets out there, especially mesh, which generally have straight ends.

CW bracelets are really good, and not overly expensive. They have integral size adjustment, and a quick release mechanism. The newer bracelets now have screw pins rather than push pins, or pins and collars, but there's no "best" choice here and each of these options has its own adherents.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Black Friday usually brings about a 15% site wide discount (if I remember right) and if you bide your time some might come up in a NN sale.

Bracelets are generally not adaptable to other brands or models. There is just too much variability in case shape and depth. Unless you go with something that has straight end links. For me that option only looks good on a select few designs but you should not count it out if you like the look.
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor, C63 Sealander Ukraine LE
ricpicpr

Post by ricpicpr »

Thanks for the answers and sorry for the total novice question.
From what I understand there are only 3 cases: original, something expressly dedicated aftermarket, or I must to accept the spaces between the bracelet and the case. Is it correct?
welshlad
CW-watches: 19

Post by welshlad »

Yes, that's pretty much correct.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Incidentally, you also get curved end rubber and leather straps to fit watches, and you have the same problem. The shape of the watch means that the strap may not fit correctly. I see a lot of attractive rubber straps designed for watch x, and you are never sure whether they will fit watch y. It costs less to make the mistake, but you still get a strap that you can't easily use.

You also get some straps that have a flat, but curved end and need a curved spring bar. This is generally when the lugs and short, and the pins are located too close to the watch case for a flat ended strap to fit. Sometimes they fit, but the strap rubs on the watch case, and your expensive leather strap can get damaged. I have damaged the finish of CW cordovan straps like that without realising, and it was intensely irritating. I've bought some cordovan watch polish to try to cover the bruising. I'm still looking for the right curved end strap!
ricpicpr

Post by ricpicpr »

Waiting for a good opportunity/solution with a steel bracelet, I got this FKM strap at a very low cost, i hope it has a good quality: https://northstraps.com/en-it/collectio ... opic-strap
Last edited by welshlad on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
dig301
CW-watches: 1

Post by dig301 »

I have the hybrid strap on mine (38mm), not a fan of that and plan to replace with a black 2 piece nato from WatchGecko. I’ve used nato’s for at least 15 years now and I like that the end of the strap doesn’t stick out (like the hybid) because it’s folded under the end. Going for a 2 piece (which I didn’t know existed until the other day) as I don’t want to restrict the view from the clear back.
Mark
C60 Trident Pro 300
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

rkovars wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:14 pm Black Friday usually brings about a 15% site wide discount (if I remember right) and if you bide your time some might come up in a NN sale.

IIRC - Last year CW said they wouldn't do the Black Friday 15% discount runs in forthcoming years.
BigHairyGobbler
CW-watches: 0

Post by BigHairyGobbler »

I was also waiting on a black Friday sale...how sure are you CW will not do a black Friday sale? I imagine the $125 off is a recurring discount and not the sale.
ricpicpr

Post by ricpicpr »

The north strap fkm rubber is arrived
Attachments
2022-11-19-12-47-09-155.jpg
2022-11-19-13-50-40-270.jpg
NationOfLaws
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

BigHairyGobbler wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:54 pm I was also waiting on a black Friday sale...how sure are you CW will not do a black Friday sale? I imagine the $125 off is a recurring discount and not the sale.
100% sure there will not be a Black Friday sale
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
BigHairyGobbler