A new strap for my Fortis Flieger

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

A new strap for my Fortis Flieger

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Got this delivered in the week from steveostraps.com (thanks to Robin CB for the heads up):

And although I haven't used the bund yet, I'm sure I will when I fancy a change. For now, I'm just pleased to have such a high-quality, almost bespoke, strap on my Fortis :D

It was a nightmare to fit because the lugs are quite short and the strap lug holes are much bigger than the pins so it was proper fiddly. And once I got it fitted I wasn't happy because the strap wouldn't fit through the catch loops. I thought it was all bad design :thumbdown:  

Shows how much I know because after persevering I realised the catch loops are 'floating' on a separate pad so can be moved up and down, and the leather softened so quickly that the next day it was a perfect fit.

I love the colour in the flesh as well. Unfortunately the pictures don't really capture it; they make it look a bit washed out but I think it really works with this watch.

I highly recommend Steveo – he was quick to answer questions and the quality and attention to detail of this strap (and the packaging) can't be faulted :thumbup:

What do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: A new strap for my Fortis Flieger

Post by Phil0886 »

That looks like a top quality strap, how thick is it?
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

It's about 4-5mm but doesn't feel too thick. It's beautiful, supple leather.

Seriously, have a look at the website :thumbup:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Robin CB »

The strap looks great - I am glad it worked out for you :D

Steve is a great guy and (IMHO) his straps are superb value for money.

It will be interesting to see the Fortis on the bund at some point, although, as you have shown - it isn't needed.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I like this strap the way it is. It will be interesting to see it with the bund, but I fear it will look to bulky.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Kip wrote:I like this strap the way it is. It will be interesting to see it with the bund, but I fear it will look to bulky.
I think you're right Kip. I will try it one day, and seek opinion, but at the moment, it's lovely without. In fact I'm wearing it again today and I rarely wear the same watch 2 days in a row :lol: