SOTC Illiera

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

SOTC Illiera

Post by Illiera »

9bbffa28-fd03-4240-b28c-02b95bcd1567.jpeg
Haven’t posted for a while, lots of chopping and changing recently but quite a few CWs have left the collection (C9 AM GT, C65 Dartmouth, C4 Peregrine) and a Serica 5303-3 and Smiths W10 took their place.
These users thanked the author Illiera for the post (total 6):
golfjunkyrkovarsDavidCMBaserBidentNigelS
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
rkovars
CW-watches: 5

Re: SOTC Illiera

Post by rkovars »

Nice tight collection there :thumbup: I tried on a friends Serica several months ago at a meetup. Great watches!
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Illiera
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

rkovars wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:48 pm Nice tight collection there :thumbup: I tried on a friends Serica several months ago at a meetup. Great watches!
Thank you. I deliberately keep my watch box to four slots so that I am restricted, the hobby has a habit of getting away from me otherwise. I love how the Serica looks. The movement is very accurate, but it doesn’t feel anywhere near as robust as a Sellita.
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
DavidCM
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidCM »

Hi Andy, I see the Smiths sized compartment has been filled..It looks great.
David
Baser
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Baser »

Great looking collection! Nice you have a bit of everything, GMT, dress, dive, aviation, a real benefit from the four slot collection.

The C9 SPC is a very very special watch IMHO!
C11 MSL, C65 Super Compressor, C8 Regulator, C9 ME109 SPC, C8 Regulator LE, C65 GMT Pepsi, C11 Ti Extreme.
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

DavidCM wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:32 pm Hi Andy, I see the Smiths sized compartment has been filled..It looks great.
David
I managed to find one just this week, we met up in the same pub as you and I did!
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

Baser wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:31 pm Great looking collection! Nice you have a bit of everything, GMT, dress, dive, aviation, a real benefit from the four slot collection.

The C9 SPC is a very very special watch IMHO!
Absolutely, it’s one I can’t see myself ever parting with. The next switch will be the GMT, but I’ve set myself on buying a big purchase so it’ll be around for a while longer yet!
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

I do like a small collection of carefully curated watches. The box itself looks interesting as well, did it have a former life as something other than a watch box?

It’s also an interesting bezel on the Serica with both hours and minutes, I’m not sure I’ve seen one like that before.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

That’s a great collection. It’s really pleasing on the eye and pleases my watchie sentiments too. Great job :thumbup:
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

iain wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:36 am I do like a small collection of carefully curated watches. The box itself looks interesting as well, did it have a former life as something other than a watch box?

It’s also an interesting bezel on the Serica with both hours and minutes, I’m not sure I’ve seen one like that before.
I bought the box from a shop on Etsy some time back, I’m sure I could find the link somewhere but I recall it was only £20 or so.

The Serica is one of the best looking watches I’ve seen, it screamed French chic before I even knew they were a French brand. I’ve not used the bezel but the intention is to be able to use it as either a dive timer or the slightly impractical way of observing another time zone (another nod to the French stereotype of design over function)
These users thanked the author Illiera for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

missF wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:12 am That’s a great collection. It’s really pleasing on the eye and pleases my watchie sentiments too. Great job :thumbup:
Thank you! The job now is to work out what replaced the C60 when I hit the big 4-0 in a few years time. With vintage, military, dress, and diver all ticked off I might need to find something a bit whacky!
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher