Montybaber April 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Montybaber
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Montybaber April 2016

Post by Montybaber »

Seiko SKX007 with a bit of colour

Seiko Sarb035

Precista PRS82 on strapcode super oyster

Citizen Eco drive Chrono

Grand Seiko SBGX059

Smiths PRS68
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: Montybaber April 2016

Post by smegwina »

What a lovely collection. The Smiths and the Grand Seiko are the two standouts for me, but there ain't a bad one there!!!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Montybaber
Junior
Junior

Post by Montybaber »

smegwina wrote:What a lovely collection. The Smiths and the Grand Seiko are the two standouts for me, but there ain't a bad one there!!!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
That is really nice of you to say thankyou very much
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I should think the GS would stand out for anyone. Good group. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

What a lovely looking collection , each watch looks fantastic , the GS certainly stands out .
Bernie
rsross79
Junior
Junior

Post by rsross79 »

nice collection, i have a seiko JDM cocktail time i wear at work and love it value for money!
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Arbor22 »

Have to agree the grand is the standout within the group but the sarb 035 is a favourite of mine. Nice collection, thanks for sharing :thumbup:
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Montybaber April 2016

Post by gaf1958 »

Nice set of watches there. For the pick of them is the Smiths, then the Precista. I'd buy the Smiths from you anytime... ;)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Montybaber
Junior
Junior

Post by Montybaber »

Again thankyou for the very nice comments, I have owned lots of very nice watches, nothing very expensive but after some time I now know what I like, there are many watches I would love to own (most I have at some point) but my wrist/brain does not agree, various watches I love that are just too big/heavy the dreadnought voyager is one of the best watches I have owned but I couldnt live with its size/bulk, I also know my watches have to be pristine and any DLC coating, beadblasted finish had to be sold as the worry if a scratch was too great! (I have problems)

The Sarb/GS are so similar on the wrist (although close up are very different) I assumed I would move on the Sarb when I got the GS but their value is much too low in my opinion for what they are and it means I can wear it on occassions I would worry about the GS (occassional days at work/pub etc)

I love dive watches but I have purposely left a space for a dressier sub type watch, I am hoping my saving will go well enough to have a 116610lv on my wrist by my 40th birthday, the other divers are more 'everyday' starting with the SKX for work/beater, the 82 for slightly less harsh wear and the Smiths...well I love it so I doubt it will get abused

Finally the eco drive was a present years ago and is going nowhere although never worn
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

the red SKX007 is my fave ! lovely collection.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Great collection, lovely Smiths.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Nice collection and nice to hear your plans for the future.
Montybaber wrote:Again thankyou for the very nice comments, I have owned lots of very nice watches, nothing very expensive but after some time I now know what I like, there are many watches I would love to own (most I have at some point) but my wrist/brain does not agree, various watches I love that are just too big/heavy the dreadnought voyager is one of the best watches I have owned but I couldnt live with its size/bulk, I also know my watches have to be pristine and any DLC coating, beadblasted finish had to be sold as the worry if a scratch was too great! (I have problems)

The Sarb/GS are so similar on the wrist (although close up are very different) I assumed I would move on the Sarb when I got the GS but their value is much too low in my opinion for what they are and it means I can wear it on occassions I would worry about the GS (occassional days at work/pub etc)

I love dive watches but I have purposely left a space for a dressier sub type watch, I am hoping my saving will go well enough to have a 116610lv on my wrist by my 40th birthday, the other divers are more 'everyday' starting with the SKX for work/beater, the 82 for slightly less harsh wear and the Smiths...well I love it so I doubt it will get abused

Finally the eco drive was a present years ago and is going nowhere although never worn
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2