Danchy007 February 2018

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Danchy007
Senior
Senior

Danchy007 February 2018

Post by Danchy007 »

Hi guys kist sharing my SOTC
From left to right
Rotary 6334001
Enherited from my grandfather it was my first proper watch. Made in gold with a small case of just about 33mm-36mm the watch is perfect for formal occasions or when just wanting to dress up a bit. Imo it's design has been influenced by the Patek Phillippe Calatrava I absolutely love the watch and have put it on a kuki python strap which fits amazingly on the watch. I wouldn't give it away for anything it's been in the family since 1975 and it's here too stay
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 35th Engineer Regiment LE
Aquired a few weeks ago and am loving it since can't wait to dive with it and I have to tell a story when I was picking it up from the post office I went without a watch on my wrist beacause I didn't want to have to take a watch off put it somewhere blah blah but when i first opened the huge box I was stunned with its beauty. The bezel to me actaully feels like the bezel on an Omega Seamaster pre ceramic one guy on my diving course had it and I compliment him je takes it off gives it to me and of course I have to turn the bezel and i remembered it and now with the Trident same feeling of the bezel
Image Image
And finally one more from my grandfather
Hudson Railroad pocket watch
This one was bought for my grandfather by my dad and grandmother when they were in Geneva as my grandfather worked on the railroad in Yugoslavia
Since I aquired the Trident my collection became a swiss made only collection
Would love to hear what you guys think about my collection

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: SOTC February 2018

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

An interesting small collection, which I have no doubt is set to grow. I do like the Rotary and it obviously has very special significance for your family.

With the benefit of hindsight, the best advice I could give is to look before you leap. Think carefully about what you want and where you want your collection to go, and always buy the best you can for the budget you have available. That way, just my opinion you understand, you are more likely to end up with keepers. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It's good you have your Grandfather's Rotary to keep in your collection. Great to see also that your Trident will be used for the diving, most of us are lucky if we even take ours into the swimming pool!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Danchy007
Senior
Senior

Post by Danchy007 »

Thegreyman wrote:It's good you have your Grandfather's Rotary to keep in your collection. Great to see also that your Trident will be used for the diving, most of us are lucky if we even take ours into the swimming pool!
Yeah and I'm probably getting another one for graduation from my late granduncle he gave it to my father for his graduation and he got it from the Jordan King Hussein as he was highly positioned in Yugoslavia je was chief of protocol so I pretty much can't wait to get that watch

Danchy007
Senior
Senior

Post by Danchy007 »

My long term grails are a Rolex Sub no date and Omega Seamaster pre ceramic Bond and maybe a PO

Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Thanks for posting. I always enjoy these posts. The Trident is a great watch. I have two and love them. It's great to have the Rotary and the pocket watch with their family connections. Look forward to seeing what you add to the collection in the future. :thumbup:
Steve.
Danchy007
Senior
Senior

Post by Danchy007 »

I'm also looking forward to see what I add the funny thing is a few months ago i got a Citizen Promaster NY0040 beacause I wanted to trade that and the Monster for a Trident and boom now I have a Trident didn't expect ti have an offer litterally within a day od posting I want to trade

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I also enjoy the SOTC posts, they’re some of my favourites. You’re on the start of a journey and who knows where it’ll lead. Like the Trident - I have a few and I’m quite a fan of them.

I have my parents’ watches, they’re things to cherish now that they’re not here - your grandfather’s watches are in the same category - ones to keep and value. Other watches may come and go, but those will remain.

AVO’s advice is sound. The journey from here will be easier if you keep that in mind. I’ve been at this watch game for a couple of decades and it took me a long time to work out what I liked, even longer to work out that sticking to what I liked made more sense than grabbing a bargain. I still like a bargain, but I’m more selective at what I jump for than I used to be... relatively speaking of course. :)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Danchy007
Senior
Senior

Danchy007 February 2018

Post by Danchy007 »

gaf1958 wrote:I also enjoy the SOTC posts, they’re some of my favourites. You’re on the start of a journey and who knows where it’ll lead. Like the Trident - I have a few and I’m quite a fan of them.

I have my parents’ watches, they’re things to cherish now that they’re not here - your grandfather’s watches are in the same category - ones to keep and value. Other watches may come and go, but those will remain.

AVO’s advice is sound. The journey from here will be easier if you keep that in mind. I’ve been at this watch game for a couple of decades and it took me a long time to work out what I liked, even longer to work out that sticking to what I liked made more sense than grabbing a bargain. I still like a bargain, but I’m more selective at what I jump for than I used to be... relatively speaking of course. :)
Yes indeed they are in the same category frankly I wouldn't give them for a Patek Phillippe tuorbillion or a Richard Mille or anything actaully