LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

New CWL watch box

Post by Kip »

As you read this CWL has started shipping watches with a new box. Wera has sent me a new one to post up for you to see.

My initial reaction was that the box was larger and far more substantial than the old one. The outer box is much improved and gives a much better impression than the somewhat flimsy and easily crushed in shipping old box. The new box is far thicker, more rigid and should hold up much better.

When you remove the cover of the new box you immediately see the flap that pulls down forward allowing easy removal of the inner box by sliding forward as opposed to turning the old box over or destroying it to get at the primary box that contains your new timepiece.

The new box has an embossed pebble finish that is more matte than the old flat finish. It gives it a much richer appearance in my opinion.

Upon opening the box you will now see a rich creme color vinyl as opposed to the old black Velvet(?) lining. The lining also has the CWL logo imprinted on the inside cover. Although I can't say I prefer one interior color or fabric over another, the new one I think will show off the watches better as it seems to have a more elegant look.

What I really think is good is that with the overall increase in size the owners manual and polishing cloth will now fit inside the box. For those that do like keep everything together, this is a major improvement.

Personally I would like to see a small drawer on the bottom of the box or a flap/pocket designed into the cover for the manual and extra links or a second strap. It would just make it more functional.

With that being said, and keeping in mind that the ultimate goal is to keep prices down.....
I think the new box will make a more elegant presentation for both dress and sport watches than the old one.
For those that keep the boxes and like to keep everything together the new box is greatly improved over the old one and will better represent CWL and their watches.

I
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: New CWL watch box

Post by El Tiempo »

It's very nice. Great write up Kip. This is the last thing I needed though. I just paid for 4 years of braces for the young Jedi up front and am doing everything I can to resist the C6O. :hilfe:
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Very nice and certainly an improvement. Thanks for the review.

Makes me want to buy another watch! :D
Richard
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Looks a heck of a lot like Rolex boxes to me! :shock: Very nice.
ivanliew
CW-watches: 1

Post by ivanliew »

Great!! new box more higher to prevent crash
very nice job