Premiership Rugby signs up Christopher Ward as the Official Timing Partner of the League

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Premiership Rugby signs up Christopher Ward as the Official Timing Partner of the League

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Following on from Christopher Ward becomes Everton's Official Global Timing Partner roughly this time last year, Christopher Ward have now become the Official Timekeeper of the League for Premiership Rugby (Union) in the UK.

More details may be found on premiershiprugby.com

CW is to be applauded for this.

Much better to sponsor the Organisation, than an individual team, but I sincerely hope they continue to Sponsor Everton FC.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Premiership Rugby signs up Christopher Ward as the Official Timing Partner of the League

Post by JAFO »

They will get some decent exposure with this sponsorship, I imagine. Rugby fans and watch ownership must have a decent amount in common, I imagine.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Premiership Rugby signs up Christopher Ward as the Official Timing Partner of the League

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

JAFO wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:41 am Rugby fans and watch ownership must have a decent amount in common, I imagine.
A thought crossed my mind when I read that, but perhaps you didn’t mean it in the way I read it. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:30 am
JAFO wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:41 am Rugby fans and watch ownership must have a decent amount in common, I imagine.
A thought crossed my mind when I read that, but perhaps you didn’t mean it in the way I read it. :lol:
I meant that rugby fans might have a larger interest in owning mechanical watches than, say association football, and this could be an excellent tie in for CW.

Having said that, I presume official timing would have to be based on something other than mechanical watches, especially the way rugby is timed. Maybe being an official timing partner doesn't mean providing the actual timing devices.
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ Aah, you did mean it in the way I read it.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Interesting view that more rugby fans would favour mechanical watches, than football fans…

I much prefer Rugby, but I imagine that with the rise of the Instagram generation, there are more football fans wearing watches than rugby fans. Any time you see a premiership footballer they are wearing a high end watch. I am sure that their fans notice and strive to do likewise.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Other than the unsuccessful tribus venture, I have only ever seen quartz watches on sale at football club fan stores. That's not to say I've checked many out of course.

I just feel a lot of rugby supporters may already be interested in mechanical watches and CW might find this a bit of an easy conversion (if not an open goal). Back of the shed. :D

Edit. I should explain. Back of the shed referred to a TV advert where Usain Bolt used the term instead of " back of the net". I now frequently use "back of the shed" myself when I get one of the more tricky questions correct on the chase, or the 1% club. :D

Here's the advert anyway.
https://youtu.be/V8beYjl4Bj4
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

We perhaps shouldn’t generalise between football and rugby fans (I’m more a football fan although also watch and enjoy rugby). It does seem a safer and less contentious move to back the whole league rather than one team.

Speaking of which quite a big day tomorrow for Mike France and CW, Everton need a win to guarantee avoiding relegation from the Premier League.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

The way premiership rugby seems to have gone recently, sponsoring the league seems better than sponsoring a team. There’ll always be a league, the same can’t be said for all clubs sadly.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:12 am We perhaps shouldn’t generalise between football and rugby fans (I’m more a football fan although also watch and enjoy rugby). It does seem a safer and less contentious move to back the whole league rather than one team.

Speaking of which quite a big day tomorrow for Mike France and CW, Everton need a win to guarantee avoiding relegation from the Premier League.
Yes. I fear Leicester will not beat West Ham anyway, and Everton's Italian manager, Alladicci will pull them through to remain the club with the longest unbroken membership of the top division in English football.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^ Alladicci - is that the lovechild of Sean Dyche and Sam Allardyce :? I'm sure they have both definitely eaten plenty of Italian food :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Sorry. My bad. Wrong club of course. Big Sam is at Leeds isn't he? :oops:
Amor Vincit Omnia

@Thegreyman Thanks, Patrick. I can’t unsee that now, and it will soon be lunchtime! :kotz:
Steve

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Hoping for a CW/Rugby crossover watch then!! (No idea what it might be like though!)
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^
Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)
Steve