Fantastic customer service!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Trs1982
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Fantastic customer service!

Post by Trs1982 »

I just wanted to share my recent experience with CW customer service.

Following a post on here sharing that CW had a small treasure tray of items that weren't available on the website I made an enquiry via email to Declan in the showroom with a view to purchasing a C60 Sunrise; something that I previously thought that I'd have to scour eBay for months to obtain. Following a couple of chases, I made a call instead and spoke to a chap called Andrew who was able to find the watch and arrange the sale. Unfortunately, due to recent price increases the watch was more expensive than it was originally sold for (£795 at that point rather than £595). Andrew said that the watch would be with me within a week. The following day I had a notification from DPD that it was out for delivery, much quicker that I expected.

I received the watch and was extremely pleased with it, but upon reflection I wondered if the price was correct; 33.something% seemed a little steep, so I emailed CS to query it.

Fast forward to this morning and I've just received an email from Matt in CS letting me know that there had been a mistake and there shouldn't have been an increase applied to that particular model. He's arranged for a refund of the difference which should be with me in a few days.

All in all, the team in CS have been fantastic!
These users thanked the author Trs1982 for the post (total 9):
missFAmor Vincit Omniaalbionphotoaudio.billJcalder68Bahnstormer_vRStikkathreeMiniMpirichtel
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Fantastic customer service!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thanks for sharing that. It’s good to know.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Excellent news and great result.

I'm glad you were able to snag one of the Archive / Prototype Bits & Bobs.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Thegreyman
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

All we need now is pics! :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Good for you, and good on CW! And yes, I agree with the above; as they say on the internet, “pics or it didn’t happen”.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

It's always great to hear about quality customer service experiences.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Trs1982
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Trs1982 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks a bit washed out on the picture, but in real life lighting, it's beautiful.

These users thanked the author Trs1982 for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSAmor Vincit Omniaajax87
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ It looks fine, but saturation might be a bit low on your camera setting. I frequently find myself boosting saturation and occasionally vibrancy in the photo editing app.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Ducs4rs
Junior
Junior

Post by Ducs4rs »

Has anybody ever sent their watch in for repair? What's been the average turnaround?

I've sent my watch in twice, and both times CW held it for around 3 months.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Ducs4rs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:05 pm Has anybody ever sent their watch in for repair? What's been the average turnaround?

I recently sent one in, it took about 8 weeks and I was quoted 10 initially.

3 months is fairly typical with watches, IWC took that last time I sent one for service and it had to go back as they’d scratched the crystal. Over on some of the Omega Facebook groups people are saying they are currently taking about 6 months!
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Ducs4rs
Junior
Junior

Post by Ducs4rs »

iain wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:56 pm
Ducs4rs wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:05 pm Has anybody ever sent their watch in for repair? What's been the average turnaround?

I recently sent one in, it took about 8 weeks and I was quoted 10 initially.

3 months is fairly typical with watches, IWC took that last time I sent one for service and it had to go back as they’d scratched the crystal. Over on some of the Omega Facebook groups people are saying they are currently taking about 6 months!
Oh wow, didn't realize that was the industry norm.
I thought that since they were replacing my movement, they could just pop one in and send it back :lol:
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

^^^^ It comes down to the number of qualified watchmakers each company will have. It’s quite a niche profession despite the number of mechanical watches sold each year.

I suspect the process will be for CW to do a quick assessment of any fault, confirm whether it’s a warranty or chargeable job and then seek approval and order the parts. The watch will then placed in a queue.

Once your watch reaches the front it is allocated to a technician who will carry out the work. The length of time will be a couple of weeks for initial assessment, processing, seeking payment, and ordering parts.

The length of time your watch sits in the queue will depend on how many are in front of you and the number of staff available to work on them. The actual repair itself is only a small part of the process.

I’ve no insider information and the text above is just me speculating, however I do work in engineering and repair and maintenance so I can’t see it being that much different.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Ducs4rs
Junior
Junior

Post by Ducs4rs »

Cool, thanks for the insight. Helps me be a bit more patient.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

To add what @iain said above:

Don't leave out testing and final QC checks once the work is completed.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

^^^^^ Good point, I know some people may joke about that stage being optional though….

:lol: :lol: