Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 26

C60 Vintage love

Post by Tonywalker »

Hhhhmmm

So I steered clear of CW for many years as I didn't care for the onion/sword hands.

I have splurged on CWs of late and none have been onion hands, until......the C60 Vintage DLC with tan hands❤❤❤

Dare I say it, but I think this may be one of my favourite CWs, albeit one slight problem.....the size. I have been after one of these for a while and sought a 43mm.

Anyway, a 38mm was presented and I went for it.

I keep thinking it is too small for my wrist size, but then its smaller size appeals to me in a weird way.

Still pondering whether to live with it or stick with my search for a 43mm.

1st world dilemmas😣🤣

20230506_204411.jpg
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post (total 4):
MiniMpibiggus_richustikkathree.pablo.
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Re: C60 Vintage love

Post by thomcat00 »

In 43mm
29BAB5B3-A397-4F57-8B02-0273656A59A7.jpeg
C369CEEA-D756-4BCC-97E3-41FCF212D9CD.jpeg
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post (total 2):
tikkathreeTonywalker
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

This time in steel. Not sure if it's the same with the PVD case, but the SS version can look dark grey in certain light
20230430_112312.jpg
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post (total 3):
thomcat00tikkathreeTonywalker
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

A C60 Vintage was my first CW purchase in the summer sale some five years ago and it remains in my collection to this day.
IMG_0779.jpeg
I actually bought two. In addition to the 38mm PVD, I also bought the 43mm in steel with the newer logo. The CW website was notorious then for not being able to handle the increased traffic that the sale generated and between (successful) page loads models were disappearing, and I think I was pretty fortunate to buy the two.
IMG_2595.jpeg
Despite the steel model being my main target, it was the one that I returned. I'm a staunch defender of the 9 o'clock logo but I felt that it was too modern for the vintage look and the combination of smaller size and more traditional logo styling really add to the vintage appeal. The PVD coating also meant that it was easier to justify further steel C60 purchases!

I also sold the PVD bracelet as I didn’t feel that it added much to the look either. The watch looks far better on a strap to me, and these days it lives on either a black vintage leather or the Barton canvas you see here. It’s possibly the most generic C60 I've owned, but in addition to the size, the satin dial, faux vintage and polished dial accents all add up to make it more than the sum of its parts.
IMG_0780.jpeg
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post (total 5):
asqwerthOllyWTonywalkerthomcat00tikkathree
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

thomcat00 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:31 pm In 43mm
29BAB5B3-A397-4F57-8B02-0273656A59A7.jpeg
C369CEEA-D756-4BCC-97E3-41FCF212D9CD.jpeg
LOL - please don't.

That's rubbing salt in the wounds😒🤣
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
tikkathree
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

biggus_richus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:49 pm A C60 Vintage was my first CW purchase in the summer sale some five years ago and it remains in my collection to this day.
IMG_0779.jpeg
I actually bought two. In addition to the 38mm PVD, I also bought the 43mm in steel with the newer logo. The CW website was notorious then for not being able to handle the increased traffic that the sale generated and between (successful) page loads models were disappearing, and I think I was pretty fortunate to buy the two.
IMG_2595.jpeg
Despite the steel model being my main target, it was the one that I returned. I'm a staunch defender of the 9 o'clock logo but I felt that it was too modern for the vintage look and the combination of smaller size and more traditional logo styling really add to the vintage appeal. The PVD coating also meant that it was easier to justify further steel C60 purchases!

I also sold the PVD bracelet as I didn’t feel that it added much to the look either. The watch looks far better on a strap to me, and these days it lives on either a black vintage leather or the Barton canvas you see here. It’s possibly the most generic C60 I've owned, but in addition to the size, the satin dial, faux vintage and polished dial accents all add up to make it more than the sum of its parts.
IMG_0780.jpeg

Thanks

I intend buying a tan strap to see the different aesthetic offered without the black bracelet.

Yours looks 'the part'👍
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post (total 3):
biggus_richustikkathreethomcat00
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by biggus_richus »

Tonywalker wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:05 pm
I intend buying a tan strap to see the different aesthetic offered without the black bracelet.
I might be able to help with showing you that aesthetic!
IMG_0783.jpeg
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post (total 2):
Tonywalkertikkathree
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

biggus_richus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:49 pm A C60 Vintage was my first CW purchase in the summer sale some five years ago and it remains in my collection to this day.
IMG_0779.jpeg
IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

Is it the case then that the 43mm version has the 9-o-clock newer style logo, or do some 43mms have the old Chr..WARD instead?
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post (total 2):
tikkathreebiggus_richus
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Those Onion & Sword hands... I think they're the best so far.

Good name for a pub: The Onion & Sword, what else? Leather goods for men by Onion & Sword? Auctioneers and Notaries: Messrs Onion and Sword.
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
Tonywalkerthomcat00
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by biggus_richus »

Tonywalker wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:33 pm Is it the case then that the 43mm version has the 9-o-clock newer style logo, or do some 43mms have the old Chr..WARD instead?
All versions were originally produced with the ChrWard logo before being updated with the newer style.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
Tonywalker
Rich.

Tonywalker
Guru
Guru

Post by Tonywalker »

biggus_richus wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:08 pm
Tonywalker wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:33 pm Is it the case then that the 43mm version has the 9-o-clock newer style logo, or do some 43mms have the old Chr..WARD instead?
All versions were originally produced with the ChrWard logo before being updated with the newer style.
Thanks - good to know.
The hunt goes on. Missed out on one of fleabay last week as I didn't realise a Best Offer could be accepted by the seller mid auction😒🙄😣
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post:
biggus_richus
.pablo.

Post by .pablo. »

Tonywalker wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:46 pm ..the onion... hands.

... :) in spain we call it 'water drop hand'