Which will be The Twelve’s next dial colours?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Which will be The Twelve’s next dial colours?

Post by Dilbert »

Yes, I know, The Twelve has barely been born. But speculation is fun; which dial colours do you think we should see next?

I’m hoping for more options for the titanium version — I love the Ti model but hate the initial two choices of dial. However, which colours would you like to see emerge eventually?
Deej
Senior
Senior

Re: Which will be The Twelve’s next dial colours?

Post by Deej »

Green, salmon pink maybe
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I’d like to see a soft green, nothing too bright and flashy. Maybe champagne?
Drew
Spytap
Senior
Senior

Post by Spytap »

I’m very interested in the Titanium, but I ordered the Bel Canto in purple, and I already have three blue watches. I’d love to see a white option in titanium, with that same gradient dial fading dark at the edges.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

The gray dial from the steel lineup, with a gradient going to black. Might need a splash of color somewhere. Maybe a blue seconds hand?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It will be interesting to see where they go with this, in terms both of colour and of size. I have the blue titanium on order, which will be quite enough for me. Some people seem to find the dials a bit much on the two titanium models, so we might perhaps hope that they introduce something a little more understated in that line. Black is always classic, but if they want to stick with the fumé dial then perhaps a mid grey fading to black at the edge would be quite tasteful.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
watchaholic
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

I’m quite surprised that a few reviewers were saying that the colours on the SS version were a bit tame. I mean- for the original releases of a new sports watch I’m not sure what else you would expect to see? I love the Nordic blue - it’s classy but genuinely new looking to me. Definitely the one I would choose - and I’m furthest away from being a blue watch person.

Next up? I think CW could find a pink. For the 40mm version. ‘Business Pink’ not ‘Candy Pink’ :thumbup:
Yoobaldy
Junior
Junior

Post by Yoobaldy »

I'd love to see in fume British racing green (#05480d) or Lady bug red (#E71809)
And just a plain old Black dial.
My wife thinks I have a watch problem. I'm a glass half-full guy, I think of it as a healthy interest in horology ;)

C60 Trident Pro 300
Rehjer1980
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Rehjer1980 »

What is missing: brown, champagne, silver, green
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I hope that when the 36mm model is released it will be sensible dial colours as per the 40mm SS version.

It would be good if those colours were also available in titanium cased models, of both sizes, with the longer power reserve movement.

Other than that - black, champagne, silver, brown/burgundy.

Anything but here today gone tomorrow novelty dial colours.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
jkbarnes
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I would not be surprised if there was a sun burst yellow version of the forthcoming (well 6 months out) 36mm. Otherwise I'd say a plain black dial on both the steel and the titanium would be a good thing.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Chris GB
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Chris GB »

Spytap wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:40 am I’m very interested in the Titanium, but I ordered the Bel Canto in purple, and I already have three blue watches. I’d love to see a white option in titanium, with that same gradient dial fading dark at the edges.
That didn't stop me :lol:

I'm not sure what method of colouring the dial is used here, photos look like it could be anodising, so I see no reason why there can't be a whole plethora of colours over time.

Some prefer the more subtle dials, some like it more vibrant. I could easily see this watch in a deep, vibrant metallic red. Equally, a very bright silver dial in a Ti case would be subtle but still have some pop. "Normal" colours have their place for sensible purchases, but equally, unusual colours can sell well. Look how the Foxglove sold out before my missus could decide if she wanted one or not :oops:

This watch has much potential to run for a long time with many colours.
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
Kurieeleson

Post by Kurieeleson »

Black would look very good. Some of the other colors wash out the indices a bit. Solid black would make for a nice contrast.
Owner of a C65 Dune Bronze COSC
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

missF wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:11 am I’m quite surprised that a few reviewers were saying that the colours on the SS version were a bit tame. I mean- for the original releases of a new sports watch I’m not sure what else you would expect to see? I love the Nordic blue - it’s classy but genuinely new looking to me. Definitely the one I would choose - and I’m furthest away from being a blue watch person.

Next up? I think CW could find a pink. For the 40mm version. ‘Business Pink’ not ‘Candy Pink’ :thumbup:
Salmon pink? I'd queue up for that. I have a hankering for a salmon pink dial. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
asqwerth
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

missF wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:11 am I love the Nordic blue - it’s classy but genuinely new looking to me. Definitely the one I would choose — and I’m furthest away from being a blue watch person.
I also love the Nordic blue and hope it becomes available for the titanium version. I’d join the payment queue.