Which brand did you "upgrade" to after Christopher Ward?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Which brand did you "upgrade" to after Christopher Ward?

Post by magicman »

Ducs4rs wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:43 am
magicman wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:48 pm Hi I've had a couple of Omegas, various Tudors and Tag Monaco, since finding CW.
I currently only have the Tudor Pelagos 39 remaining of my upgrade watches.
All the above were fine watches, but the VFM. Has pretty much put me off any further upgrades.
If and when my name ever gets to the top of the waitlist for Rolex, I will interested to see if the that changes my views (again).
If I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket, then I would probably give them a try, I've heard good things.

Regards Steve
What's VFM?

Also, what made you finally decide on the Pelagos 39? I have the blue BB 58 vs. Pelagos 39 debate going on in my head right now, and I'm torn. Leaning toward the 58 though as it might be more versatile for all occasions. What do you think?
Hi

As Iain said VFM and that's a top priority currently.

As for the Tudors I've owned, I had the standard Black Bay to Start, I really didn't get on with the thickness, when the 58 came out I got the blue, then the Pelagos FXD Marine National came out and the larger size and the ceramic Bezel appealed, then came the Pelagos 39, a Matt sunburst black ceramic Bezel, on the bracelet, the lightweight of titanium, which I liked following owning the FXD, micro adjustment, it has a more tool like appearance than the 58 (which I never considered as an everyday watch), where as the 39 fitted the bill nicely.
So I had the FXD and 39 together until i made the decision to sell the FXD and keep the 39, I was worried about it being a but small on my 7 1/2 inch wrist, but it was soooo comfortable. I was never going to keep both. The FXD lost the versatility battle and I wanted the One watch.
With the 39 i was happy to wear it for work (Light duties which is 90% of my work) so for me I felt it is better than the 58 for my lifestyle, the 58 felt more delicate and dressy and I never wore that for work. The search for a top qualty watch I could wear everyday, led me to the 39, and my desire for a black No date , Submariner. It was as close to that as I could get.

The 58 is a stunning watch (I had the Blue) as I didn't like the gold accents on the Black.
But when I got it ready for sale, although I hadn't worn it outside of social occasions very much, I found it to have micro scratches on the polished sides and bracelet.
For versatility I think the 39 wins, I could happily wear that watch anytime (except for rough work duties) but that's because I'm quite clumsy, I think it could take it, but obviously it could suffer blemishes. But being Matt I'm not noticing them.
I haven't looked at the 39 closely enough yet (through a loupe) to comment on how it's truly coping, but I will soon.

I should add price makes a difference, I guess you could pick up a 58 for around £2k.
But the 39 is waitlisted so even second hand they're £3500 plus.
I would certainly get on the list if your not already.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

There have recently been ADs doing the Pelagos 39 online, without any waitlist nonsense.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 2):
magicmanDilbert
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

nbg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:43 am There have recently been ADs doing the Pelagos 39 online, without any waitlist nonsense.

Neil
About time, Still ridiculous prices being asked by some 3rd party sellers, on used pieces.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
Dilbert
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Tudor…

camphoto_1804928587.jpeg
IMG_3877.jpeg
Last edited by Amor Vincit Omnia on Wed May 03, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed attached images inline
These users thanked the author WalterSMonaco for the post:
golfjunky
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT