C63 Snow Leopard or BMF or both and, if both why?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

C63 Snow Leopard? C63 Blue Marine Foundation? Neither or Both and what's in your mind?

C63 Snow Leopard?
48%
C63 BMF?
40%
Both because I want to keep both?
10%
Both because I need to see how each looks on me and then I'll send one back under 60/60?
2%

Total votes: 42

blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: C63 Snow Leopard or BMF or both and, if both why?

Post by blowfish89 »

Great release, both look great but I prefer the white (snow leopard)
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

missF wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:40 pm
thomcat00 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:57 am imprudently spendy..,
Brilliant. I think that has to go in my signature :lol:

I prefer the white. Partly because I prefer white, but also because I prefer how the white seems to demarcate the two sundials with a bit more distance than the blue. Seems a bit easier on my eye :thumbup:
Most of the time, I'd agree, but I voted for the blue one. Legibility is good for sure, but something about the dial texture of the Snow Leopard feels a bit kitschy to me. Trying too hard, maybe? Maybe it comes across better (i.e., a little more subtly) to the naked eye. Still, both are nice. More temptations and an SH21 model to boot!
These users thanked the author Peteo for the post:
tikkathree
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Wondering whether forum members who placed the order either one or both can request CW customer service to reserve serial number for these 2 models?
Korn Saksakorn S.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Peteo wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:24 pm
missF wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:40 pm
thomcat00 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:57 am imprudently spendy..,
Brilliant. I think that has to go in my signature :lol:

I prefer the white. Partly because I prefer white, but also because I prefer how the white seems to demarcate the two sundials with a bit more distance than the blue. Seems a bit easier on my eye :thumbup:
Most of the time, I'd agree, but I voted for the blue one. Legibility is good for sure, but something about the dial texture of the Snow Leopard feels a bit kitschy to me. Trying too hard, maybe? Maybe it comes across better (i.e., a little more subtly) to the naked eye. Still, both are nice. More temptations and an SH21 model to boot!
It's all in the eye of the beholder of course but afer a week on wrist I maintain that the leopard pattern sometimes looks like it stands above the background, sometimes it looks recessed. At arms' length it's like a textured leather, nothing more.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

I surprised myself by voting BMF.

On the one hand;
- I've a thing for white dials and have gone through several but the leopard print dial doesn't do it for me -> form over function and all that
- Having owned a C60 white dial before, it was a struggle to tell the time with silver indices -> black hands or strong contrast is a must

But on the other;
- Although I like the wave pattern on the BMF, it looks more striking turquoise than classic blue -> don't have time to grow a hipster beard
- I've already got enough blue themed watches in the box and don't really want another -> would only consider the BMF if I flipped an existing bluey
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

KornSaksakorn wrote:Wondering whether forum members who placed the order either one or both can request CW customer service to reserve serial number for these 2 models?
It's always worth asking.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:12 am
KornSaksakorn wrote:Wondering whether forum members who placed the order either one or both can request CW customer service to reserve serial number for these 2 models?
It's always worth asking.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk
Thank you Guy. Finally confirmed yes!
These users thanked the author KornSaksakorn for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRStikkathreeMiniMpi
Korn Saksakorn S.
Chris GB
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Chris GB »

I voted BMF. I had specifically been looking for a blue dial with power reserve and within less than a week of starting my search, CW announced these. Seemed like a no brainer to me! I really like the vibrancy of the blue dial, I'm hoping it looks as strong in the metal as it does in the photos.
These users thanked the author Chris GB for the post:
tikkathree
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
Chris GB
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Chris GB »

I see that both the Blue Marine Foundation and Snow Leopard C63s are now gone from the CW website, so I presume they are now sold out?
C63 Sealander - Hunter Green. Twelve Ti -Purple. C65 Aquitaine - Seagrass Green. On order: C63 SH21 Blue Marine C1 Bel Canto - Voila (delayed).
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I voted for the snow leopard. I like white dial watches in general.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
iten

Post by iten »

Both watches are now removed from the website. I was about to order but needed to find a measuring tape to find my wrist size. I finally got the measurement done, and it's now gone. So sad.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)

The two watches were both limited editions of 150. In some ways it’s surprising they have been available for so long. It might be worth emailing Customer Services to see whether they do indeed have any left over. A long shot, but if you don’t ask you will never know.

customerservices@christopherward.co.uk
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
tikkathree
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
iten

Post by iten »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:58 am ^^^ Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)

The two watches were both limited editions of 150. In some ways it’s surprising they have been available for so long. It might be worth emailing Customer Services to see whether they do indeed have any left over. A long shot, but if you don’t ask you will never know.

I just called them and they told me it's limited to 150pcs too...

I am wondering if it's 150 per style or 150 in total. I am surprised they removed both at the same time.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:28 pm Overall I prefer the Blue Marine. I have a C60 #Tide and a C60 BLUE and I don't find the dial treatment too close at all. It's the colour of the dial that sells the BMF to me. The leopard print is a bit too subtle for me although I do prefer the treatmetn of the power reserve on the Snow Leopard but, overall, if I was in the market I'd go for the Blue Marine Foundation.
From the poll so far it's clear that, once again, my choice is the wrong one.
I actually saw both the snow leopard and BMF at CW Towers. In real life the texture of the snow leopard is really not that visible. I think I would still lean towards the BMF but having seen both of them it's a much tougher call.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:58 am ^^^ Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)

When I was in the showroom on the 24th of April I was told that there were 10-ish of the Snow Leopard and 15 - 20 (-ish) of the BMF left. I suspect that they sold out at WindUp SF. Of course, some may come back under 60/60 so it's worth keeping your name on the list if you really want one.

I know this isn't strictly speaking for AVO.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris