Seeking recommendations for my Timex

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Seeking recommendations for my Timex

Post by Projectd10 »

Looking for a strap that is <~£50
My Timex is primarily my work beater so I'd like a strap that is comfortable and high chance of sweat, and will likely experience some knocks. It currently comes in the stock canvas strap.

I've been recommended silicone (from Barton straps, so I'm thinking the army greeb elite silicone?) Just wanted to ask here for other recommendations or if you have experience with Barton straps.

Images of Timex attached, it can appear green in the light or dark grey
20230224_130456.jpg
20230308_055041.jpg
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Seeking recommendations for my Timex

Post by JAFO »

I would have FKM rubber rather than silicone. Silicone supposedly picks up lint, whereas FKM straps don't. You will have more choice if the Timex has 20mm or 22mm lug width.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Projectd10
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Barton canvas straps are also very good value for money and they’d look good on your Timex. I’ve had a few. They don’t last forever - eventually they fade a bit and may lose their initial boldness - especially the orange. But at the price you can have several and / or replace them when you need to.
I got mine from Amazon
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Projectd10
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Being that this one is a field watch in esthetics I think a good NATO would look great on this. Something from CNS Watch Bands wouldn't break the bank for this watch.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Projectd10
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

North Straps have hybrid straps for around £20 I think. I’m so impressed by the quality and the green would look great on your watch :thumbup:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Projectd10
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

missF wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:54 pm North Straps have hybrid straps for around £20 I think. I’m so impressed by the quality and the green would look great on your watch :thumbup:
Is the CW hybrid comparable? Might wear the C60 on hybrid to see first before I commit cause I found the bracelet comfier.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Projectd10 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:14 pm Is the CW hybrid comparable?
Sorry, I’ve never tried a CW hybrid. Can only say that the North Straps one is soft and supple.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Is the CW hybrid comparable?
I bought the V1 when it first came out. It looks really good but it's about as comfortable as a pair of new leather boots. That don't fit. I believe that the current ones are much better - well. they would have to be wouldn't they? Perhaps an owner will confirm. Or use the search facility, it's been discussed before.

The Barton elite silicone are like wearing my favourite slippers. I have a few, I think they are really good.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:05 pm
Is the CW hybrid comparable?
I bought the V1 when it first came out. It looks really good but it's about as comfortable as a pair of new leather boots. That don't fit. I believe that the current ones are much better - well. they would have to be wouldn't they? Perhaps an owner will confirm. Or use the search facility, it's been discussed before.

The Barton elite silicone are like wearing my favourite slippers. I have a few, I think they are really good.
So avoid hybrids? FKM or silicone is the takeaway I'm generally getting from this comment in terms of comfort.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

The current Hybrid straps are very good. They are comfortable to me.

Straps are a fickle beast though as comfortable on one wrist might not work on another due to strap length, wrist shape or any number of things.

I think the Hybrids are worth a try especially if your C60 and the Timex have the same lug width as the Hybrid will cost about as much as the Timex is worth.

For reference I have a 7.5 inch wrist.
20220531_183915882_iOS.jpg
20220607_123252238_iOS.jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

Yeah, the lug width is 20mm, I don't know which generation of hybrid strap I have as I bought it used (or rarely worn), I've hardly worn it myself as the C60 bracelet was simply comfier.

I've tried the CW hybrid on the timex but the stock strap felt more comfortable but just looking out for alternative straps.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

The Forest Green ADPT strap would be a good one. It has red detail stitching that would play off of the red seconds hand. The ADPT straps are on the more pricey side but they are extremely well manufactured. Might be a good choice. It is a nice deep green.

20210602_204519621_iOS (2).jpg

Another possibility could be the Crown and Buckle Chevron Adjustable. It is a single pass so it sits low on the wrist. It is also adjustable in case you don't like to tuck the tag like you do on a standard NATO. This one is Olive Jade Matte. A Uniform Matte might work too.

20210621_143309627_iOS (2).jpg
20201221_205700165_iOS (2).jpg
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
Projectd10jkbarnes
Jack London
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

@rkovars
Did NATOs sit higher on the wrist? I'd probably be avoiding them if that being the case.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

@Projectd10 I think there is too much made out of the NATO height thing. It really only makes a difference if the watch is really thick to begin with. You can always cut the extra bit and make it into a single pass ala James Stacey but I never do. The Crown and Buckle Chevron adjustables are already single pass so they sit low to begin with.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Projectd10
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

#another recommendation for a NATO.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England