Hybrid Strap Color Issue / Customer Service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Hybrid Strap Color Issue / Customer Service

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:38 pm @Mikkei4 - all the delay and kerfuffle might have been avoided if the Returns process, available on CW's website, (as I outlined in my earlier post) had been used; instead of back and forth communication with Customer Service.

Guy
Hi Guy,

I totally agree and you'd think this would be immediately obvious or at least seen to be obvious after a little time spent considering the "issue" and reading the website. Seems to me that more time was used to search this Forum's thread subjects to get MF involved un-necessarily and then spending time telling everybody about a simple "everyday" level of * occurrence that could be fixed by looking at the CW website.

Maybe the OP will buy another CW watch to co-ordinate with the freebie red and black strap.

*edited as I didn't want to give the impression that this happens everyday with CW orders.
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
tikkathree
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:24 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:38 pm @Mikkei4 - all the delay and kerfuffle might have been avoided if the Returns process, available on CW's website, (as I outlined in my earlier post) had been used; instead of back and forth communication with Customer Service.

Guy
Hi Guy,

I totally agree and you'd think this would be immediately obvious or at least seen to be obvious after a little time spent considering the "issue" and reading the website. Seems to me that more time was used to search this Forum's thread subjects to get MF involved un-necessarily and then spending time telling everybody about a simple everyday occurrence that could be fixed by looking at the CW website.

Maybe the OP will buy another CW watch to co-ordinate with the freebie red and black strap.
I'm afraid to drift towards Facebook and the three CW groups today: I choose to do without mock outrage/crazy sagas/tips on how to get a free strap: that's the extent of my career as a "social influencer" over.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Volfan615

Post by Volfan615 »

Let me clear up some questions that have been asked.

1. I ordered the Hybrid Black/Orange strap. I checked the order and it clearly states. 22mm Black orange hybrid rubber Steel / SKU: 22-HYB-01-SXKO-DC-ST

2. After having received the wrong strap I initially responded by email but received no response. After luckily reaching someone by phone they asked me to send an image of what I received. After a few days of no response to the email I attempted again to contact them by phone. I tried every day for about 4 days and always received the recording to leave a message.

3. Finally, over this past weekend I received the response from customer service telling that I did in fact receive the correct orange strap. Sorry but that infuriated me when it was obvious that what I received was Red.

4. ONLY, after reading a post here from Kip regarding customer service and a comment on escalating issues to Mike along with his email address did I do so. I saw this as a last resort and apologized to Mike for having to bring him into this. He then apologized for me having to do so.

Hope this clears up some of the questions that have been raised here. I don't take lightly having to email the CEO but his quick reponse restored my faith in CW and that the customer services issues will be resolved.
These users thanked the author Volfan615 for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSKipChris375
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@Volfan615 - thanks for your post and clarifying what took place.

Ultimately, it's good that you have got your issue resolved agreeably.

We look forward to seeing pictures of the strap on your C60 Trident 300.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Chris375
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I'm glad it got sorted. I wonder if it could be an issue of how the colour of your strap photo looked on the sales person's screen.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thanks for the additional details, I can understand your frustration.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I feel there was very unfair needle towards the op on this. I would have done exactly the same after getting that quite frankly pathetic level of customer service from CW.
Seriously, how could you order the wrong colour? Think about it.
We all know they can be good but we also know just how frustratingly bad they can be and that sometimes it takes this forum or a Mike France intervention to get sorted.
Op, I am glad you did get sorted in the end
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 2):
nbgsproughton
Cheers now, Paul
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

stefs wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:42 pm I feel there was very unfair needle towards the op on this. I would have done exactly the same after getting that quite frankly pathetic level of customer service from CW.
Seriously, how could you order the wrong colour? Think about it.
We all know they can be good but we also know just how frustratingly bad they can be and that sometimes it takes this forum or a Mike France intervention to get sorted.
Op, I am glad you did get sorted in the end
It's a pity that the level of detail in the OPs reply on Monday wasn't in the opening post on the Sunday which majored on the difference between red and orange straps rather than the numerous poor (non)responses from the first level of CW Customer Service and their lax attitude to what had been ordered and sent.

I can't think other than that any forum responses would have undoubtedly been very different and more supportive to the OP if the opening post had been phrased around the frustration of the dealings with CS to date at that point.

However, in the same position, I believe fully still that I wouldn't have gone to MF to get the problem fixed and I think it's the wrong advice within this forum, especially to newer members.

Instead either I'd have returned the red strap and, if I could still be bothered buying something from CW, ordered the orange again which is what I think @Bahnstormer_vRS suggested or I'd have sought out the contact details for the CW CS Manager (from a Kip post easily found - "CW has hired a new and very experienced Customer Service manager, Tanya") as that's why there is a management level between CS staff and MF, and she would have needed to be made aware of the awful CS staff response and attitude to this customer. Once sorted I would have emailed MF with the full story from start to finish so he was aware of the performance of every level within his CS staff.
nonbinarywatchguy

Post by nonbinarywatchguy »

Thegreyman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:53 pm I agree that is definitely not black/orange :shock:

Could have been worse though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w ... e-64874963
that's my worst fear, whenever I order high value items, I do record on video me opening the box to inspect. There is always that issue where if you do get a switcharoo, the retailer could argue you are scamming them and "who actually records themselves opening a parcel?" and pointing at that to say you repackaged it and opened it knowing there was something else in there.

It's a tough one, and in that case it comes down to the strength of your conviction, you have to fight them, take them to small claims court and eventually get a settlement.

Truth is nobody can really provide what was in that package, retailer will insist correct one was sent, courier will inssit their drivers are too busy to be opening up packagaes and looking for valuable items to steal and of course customer knows what they received.
nonbinarywatchguy

Post by nonbinarywatchguy »

IMHO the "red" looks like dark orange and the "orange" looks like yellow with a tinge of orange.

Customer services probably looked at customer photo and assumed that it's the orange one.

Studio photos always look a little bit different than IRL. The strobe flash does distot certain colours.
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Volfan615 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:08 pm Let me clear up some questions that have been asked.

1. I ordered the Hybrid Black/Orange strap. I checked the order and it clearly states. 22mm Black orange hybrid rubber Steel / SKU: 22-HYB-01-SXKO-DC-ST

2. After having received the wrong strap I initially responded by email but received no response. After luckily reaching someone by phone they asked me to send an image of what I received. After a few days of no response to the email I attempted again to contact them by phone. I tried every day for about 4 days and always received the recording to leave a message.

3. Finally, over this past weekend I received the response from customer service telling that I did in fact receive the correct orange strap. Sorry but that infuriated me when it was obvious that what I received was Red.

4. ONLY, after reading a post here from Kip regarding customer service and a comment on escalating issues to Mike along with his email address did I do so. I saw this as a last resort and apologized to Mike for having to bring him into this. He then apologized for me having to do so.

Hope this clears up some of the questions that have been raised here. I don't take lightly having to email the CEO but his quick reponse restored my faith in CW and that the customer services issues will be resolved.

I understand your situation. Occasionally CW Customer Service takes longer time to advise.
For instance, right after ordering C63 SH21 BMF, I sent an email indicating 2 requests.
I waited 72 hours to send an email reminder. Next 72 hours, I sent another email reminder. Altogether 3 email reminders over almost 2 weeks. Eventually, all requests are properly confirmed.
Korn Saksakorn S.