Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

CW price increases coming April 3rd, 2023

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Email received from CW this morning with a message from Mike France, CEO.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 2):
albionphotoThunder1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW price increases coming April 3rd, 2023

Post by iain »

I’ve had that as well. When I read it my first thought was that they had taken customer feedback on board when deciding to make this announcement. They got some criticism when they withdrew the vouchers without any warning and appear to have reacted by giving notice to those they may wish to buy before this increase.
These users thanked the author iain for the post:
albionphoto
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Are they likely to increases prices for hundreds or even thousands of pre-ordered watches, such as BCs?
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
tikkathree
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

JAFO wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Are they likely to increases prices for hundreds or even thousands of pre-ordered watches, such as BCs?
No.

That's surely the whole point of giving us the opportunity to buy now before the increase.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 2):
Thunder1JasperCat
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Projectd10
Junior
Junior

Post by Projectd10 »

It's a sad but understandable time.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

2%, 5%, 10%...any guesses? That is generally what has happened with other brands.

The removal of the voucher has already effectively increased the average selling price so with any luck that may minimise the increase but i get the feeling that it might not.

I guess about 7%+ with a sealander costing near the price of a c60 300, the c60 300 costing that of a c60 600 and that going permanently above £1k all with bracelet options.

Still competitive but also becoming a more difficult purchase decision obviously.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

JAFO wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Are they likely to increases prices for hundreds or even thousands of pre-ordered watches, such as BCs?
To mix sporting metaphors, that would be a spectacular own goal, which one assumes would lead rather quickly to batting on a sticky wicket.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSOllyW
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:40 am
No.

That's surely the whole point of giving us the opportunity to buy now before the increase.

Guy
But I thought that was not the position with pre ordered AnOrdain watches which have been discussed here, and other brands discussed elsewhere, where a pre-order might be finally sold at the appropriate rate at delivery time.

Pre-ordered Bel cantos in particular may not be actually completed until 2024, I imagine. It's actually good of CW to stand by a fixed price that far in advance.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I doubt CW can change the price of orders already made and possibly paid for. Those are contracts already made between seller and buyer.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

JAFO wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:34 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:40 am
No.

Guy
But I thought that was not the position with pre ordered AnOrdain watches which have been discussed here, and other brands discussed elsewhere, where a pre-order might be finally sold at the appropriate rate at delivery time.

Pre-ordered Bel cantos in particular may not be actually completed until 2024, I imagine. It's actually good of CW to stand by a fixed price that far in advance.
Because of the situation AnOrdian where you have to join a waiting list to purchase any of their products, they have clearly stated the price you end up paying may increase before your watch is ready.
Our prices currently range between £1600 and £3000, depending on the specific model. Due to the length of the waiting list and the inflation risk, product prices may rise before you pay the remaining balance for your watch. We’ll cap any price increase at a maximum of 5% per year, reviewing pricing in September of each year.
I can’t recall ever seeing anything similar on the Christopher Ward website. I’ve already pre-paid the price in full for the upcoming 2023 FLE Sealander which won’t be ready until after the increase and have to admit I wouldn’t be too happy if they demanded more money when it is ready for despatch.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Any orders already placed will be at the agreed price, it's how the likes of CW operate. Hence the heads up for incoming price rises; any new orders after that point will be at the new prices.

As for what the rise will be, I'd guess at around £100 more for most, even the more affordable end of the scale. CW have clearly been absorbing the extra cost of doing business for 12+ months, so there will need to be an honest reset. The halo models up by £200.

In the grand scheme of things, the CW value proposition will remain fantastic.
These users thanked the author jtc for the post (total 2):
David. SJasH
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I appreciate the advance notice. It’s been a year since the last retail price increase for CW. I see it as a normal expectation from any ongoing business. So, what is everyone buying in this “discount” window before April? :p
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

The
scampbell61
Guru
Guru

Post by scampbell61 »

The price increase has prompted me to purchase the C65 Dune this month instead of waiting till June as previously planned.

I guess I should thank CW, I will soon have a new fantastic watch on my wrist.
These users thanked the author scampbell61 for the post:
thomcat00
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
Quinte_Sailor

Post by Quinte_Sailor »

I had been debating ordering the bracelet for my C60 Pro 600. With that email this morning, I actually got on and ordered it. I can defiantly understand why the increase is coming and am very appreciative of the notice. A price increase won't stop me from buying more CW's (still eyeing up the C65 Bronze Sealander) might just slow me down a bit!