C60 Trident Pro Mk 1 Compatible Bracelet

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Walmac2002

C60 Trident Pro Mk 1 Compatible Bracelet

Post by Walmac2002 »

Hi,

Does anyone know if the currently available Mk2 bracelet (22-STL-19-SXS-MA) will fit the 43mm Mk1 trident (with the date window at 4 o’clock)? I inherited the watch from my Dad but the leather strap is not usable anymore. I am looking for a steel bracelet that fits the 43mm mk 1, including the molded shoulders/end link covers.

-Walt
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Trident Pro Mk 1 Compatible Bracelet

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Sorry, I don’t know the answer, but I suspect that a couple of people who do know will be along later. Meanwhile…

Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome to the forum / asylum. :wave:

Yes; the bracelet you have found, 22-STL-19-SXS-MA, should fit as the C60 Trident Pro Mk2 bracelets are backwards compatible to the C60 Trident Pro MkI but not the other way around.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 2):
Walmac2002MiniMpi
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Walt,

Knowing that the Mk1 bracelets without integral spring bars are a complete pain to fit/remove due to the absolutely minimal clearance in which to get a spring bar removal tool (that's a big hint right there - the smallest headed tool you can find!) I grabbed my Mk1 GMT which is permanently fitted to a maratac composite rubber strap https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144138145056 and offerred up the end of the titanium bracelet on my C60 Trident Elite GMT which does have integral spring bars.

You ready for this?

Both being 22mm the bracelet end fits between the lugs and looks to be a neat side-to-side fit between the lugs if not quite such a smooth fit with the case circumference but, honestly, I tried several times and failed to get the lug pins to locate. Maybe if I had more time I could make it happen but when I refitted the bracelet to the C60 Trident Elite it popped home at first attempt.

So from experience what can I suggest?

Aftermarket generic steel bracelets with curved end links are unlikely to be a perfect fit. A lot of the lower priced variants come with hollow (read that as bent to shape sheet metal) end links and you might need to spend time with a file (the bracelet, not the watch!).

So aftermarket bracelets with straight ends will fit and you're going to have to decide how important the small gap between the case and the bracelet end is going to be. Sharkmesh bracelets can work well but there are sharkmesh bracelets which you need to snip out individual rings to the desired length with tool snips and there are sharkmeshes which have short screwed elements which obviously are there for creating your optimum length.

Original mk1 CW leather straps with curved lug ends? They are now either quite worn and doggy or unused and in very good condition: the latter do crop up from time to time. An aftermarket leather strap with curved lug ends? Plenty about but you're straight into trial and error I'm afraid. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0

I hope this helps and if it raises questions do, please, ask them but please don't ask me to remove a CW mk1 steel bracelet from a CW mk1 case! :oops:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
Walmac2002
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Walmac2002

Post by Walmac2002 »

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. I received the bracelet today and am happy to report it fits perfectly my Mk1 perfectly! This was part of my late father's collection, and I am thrilled it looks like new and will have many more years of use ahead.

-Walt
Trident Mk 1.png
These users thanked the author Walmac2002 for the post (total 3):
rkovarsjkbarnesMiniMpi
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Outstanding results. Enjoy the watch!
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS

Great that you have been able to get a new bracelet which fits, and a fitting tribute for you to be able to wear the watch.

Enjoy it.

Guy

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
jkbarnes

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:34 am Welcome to the forum / asylum. :wave:

Yes; the bracelet you have found, 22-STL-19-SXS-MA, should fit as the C60 Trident Pro Mk2 bracelets are backwards compatible to the C60 Trident Pro MkI but not the other way around.

Guy

May I confirm that by Trident Pro Mk2, you mean the models that first came out with ceramic bezels (ie the 600m WR models), thus Mk1 were the ones with aluminium bezels (300m WR), including my W61 (essentially the 38mm C61)?

If so, that means the Mk2 bracelets are not still quick release, right? I think QR bracelets were only introduced with the Mk3 Tridents.

I'm wondering because I would only be interested in getting a CW bracelet for my W61if it were QR. I don't suppose the new 38mm Trident Pro 300 bracelet fits the old W61/C61 - even if not perfectly? The case heights aren't too far off (old=10.3mm, new=11.0 mm), though the LTL of the TP300 is shorter by 1.6mm based on the dimensions in the CWA so the placement of the lug holes may be an issue.

Your post here: post954327.html#p954327
wasn't clear so I thought I'd ask.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Yes; in essence.

Mk2 = Trident Pro 600 with Ceramic bezel

MkI = Trident Pro 300 with Aluminium bezel

OE bracelets used regular spring bars. As you write, QR spring bars were introduced with the Mk3 Trident Pro 600.

All my comments above, and in my earlier post, relate to the various 43mm / 42mm C60 models.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any knowledge about compatibility on the various in 38mn/40mm models.

Guy

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Thanks, @Bahnstormer_vRS
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen